Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Anything that doesn't interact in some way with PS2's optical drive, won't break the core of its disc lockout.

A slide card or flip top will trick the lid sensor.
ESR can do some things. Though I've never used that.

Mod chip, while difficult to install, is most convenient. The modern chips directly load PS1 and PS2 imports or backups. Little to no reset button hassle.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Okay thanks, I'm gonna make my decision soon how I'm going to do it. Probably via one of those 2 sites.

Another question now, is there anything special I should pay attention too when I'm burning a PS2 game on a DVD? I'm guessing the speed should be x16 or so, not faster?
Any brand of DVD's that works best? Can I burn multiple games on 1 DVD (think Gamecube could do this)?

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay thanks, I'm gonna make my decision soon how I'm going to do it. Probably via one of those 2 sites.

Another question now, is there anything special I should pay attention too when I'm burning a PS2 game on a DVD? I'm guessing the speed should be x16 or so, not faster?
Any brand of DVD's that works best? Can I burn multiple games on 1 DVD (think Gamecube could do this)?
Agree with Rydian, I'd only use Taiyo Yuden DVD-R.

The reason why I won't use anything else is because brand like Verbatim, Sony, etc all use various subcontractors to produce discs. There is no consistent quality among the same product lineup.

As for speed, not the slowest but not the fastest as well. Taiyo Yuden fastest speed is either 8x/16x so just use either one. Make sure to patch ISO with ESR patcher before burning them.

Reactions: Satangel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn