Got a used N2DS (JPN), want to transfer my O3DS (U) data over

sh33dyiv

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a used N2DS, and apparently it was a Japanese model (serial number starts with NJE) but it had already previously been flashed w/ CFW (Luma 10 iirc), and is running the latest 3DS firmware for the US.

I went through the paces to update CFW according to the guide, but when I tried to access EShop to do a system transfer, I got the 007-2001 error, which after some googling, appears to be an error related to region locking.

Am I kinda SOL on doing a system transfer from my old system to my new system? I am not planning on playing any online games so I don't really need NNID or the EShop, but I would like to at least transfer my save files, which appears to not be possible due to system-level encryption. Short of somehow obtaining a US Motherboard (dont even know where I could go about getting one), how can I transfer my save files? I don't mind re-downloading titles.

Thanks!

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a used N2DS, and apparently it was a Japanese model (serial number starts with NJE) but it had already previously been flashed w/ CFW (Luma 10 iirc), and is running the latest 3DS firmware for the US.

I went through the paces to update CFW according to the guide, but when I tried to access EShop to do a system transfer, I got the 007-2001 error, which after some googling, appears to be an error related to region locking.

Am I kinda SOL on doing a system transfer from my old system to my new system? I am not planning on playing any online games so I don't really need NNID or the EShop, but I would like to at least transfer my save files, which appears to not be possible due to system-level encryption. Short of somehow obtaining a US Motherboard (dont even know where I could go about getting one), how can I transfer my save files? I don't mind re-downloading titles.

Thanks!
Flash it back to JPN then do a system transfer to another JPN 3ds to make it work again on the region changed 3ds other JPN 3ds has to be of a "New" system as u can't transfer to an "old" system

sh33dyiv

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flash it back to JPN then do a system transfer to another JPN 3ds to make it work again on the region changed 3ds other JPN 3ds has to be of a "New" system as u can't transfer to an "old" system
So I'd need to buy (or otherwise procure, perhaps from a friend) another system? Dang. Why'd they make this so complicated? (rhetorical)

sh33dyiv

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's region locked but it's a pretty convoluted workaround to have to use a third system in order to get around it.

Is there a way to transfer save data w/o the system transfer?

Reactions: assassinz

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's region locked but it's a pretty convoluted workaround to have to use a third system in order to get around it.

Sure dump with checkpoint and install on other system

Reactions: sh33dyiv

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Use jksm or checkpoint to backup your saves and use them on any another system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    @BigOnYa thanks but my question isn't there
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ask your questions there, create a new thread if its not already answered, then eventually a 3ds genius will respond.
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    I will, thanks
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No prob and btw, welcome to gbatemp! :grog:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 I got some cheapies at wallys, that are pretty good, already have lost a few expensive ones (one falls out and gone, can't find) while cutting grass so bought some cheap ones, and of course never lose these cheap ones. (Cheap meaning only $35, compared to air buds which I only have 1 of 2 now)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They need to add air tags to they airbuds..
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa the airtags are bigger than the airpods, they won't fit
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Be cool tech tho. Of course they want to lose them anyways. Buy and buy again.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Apple could make a find my AirPods thing pretty easily
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You would think, esp using bluetooth, not GPS, like a "your getting hot-er" meter on your phone.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think they should tie up diddy, and let all the victims come and abuse him, we'll make a holiday of it every year. (jk, maybe)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm starting to sound like a Tck Gonna cut myself off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not 4th of July yet
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It is in India.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wow, only $700?
  • SnowStormAkikaze @ SnowStormAkikaze:
    Hey :)
    If I book mark the topic where can I read them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with the profile icon highlighted at the top, and the "bookmarks" banner next to it in gray. Click on that icon and you'll get a list of your bookmarks.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Banners we don't need no stinking banners! Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [bans you for not taking a bath] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Who bans the banners?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I just did
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just did