Gaming Gran Turismo 7 pop in

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I wish they made it clear in big letters that the footage is very early. That would clear things up quite a lot.
That is a good point, but whatever I don't think there was any damage done. This will most likely only be used in fanboy wars, which is not really important anyways. I'm interested in seeing both consoles and their games and what decides what I potentially get is money and games and features of the systems, not the brand.
Who knows? Maybe we are wrong. Maybe the footage is not that early. Maybe the PS5 really can not handle it and the game will have problems like this.
I personally really doubt that, but no one knows. However looking at Polyphony's track record I'd say this is still early in development.

Last edited by Zense,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Who knows? Maybe we are wrong. Maybe the footage is not that early. Maybe the PS5 really can not handle it and the game will have problems like this.

Sony has said the PS5 is coming holiday 2020 which would be either November or December 5 to six months away. So even if GT7 is a day one game issues like pop up are more than normal at this stage of development.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It was the first ever reveal of a new console that is at least 6 months from launch and they decided to show a bunch of games that are in development for it. Most of the games won't be available for some time after the console has launched. Knowing that, which everyone did, I don't think it's reasonable or even logical to assume that any of the games are in their final state.

Also, maybe I'm just not a negative nancy like most people these days but I thought it looked pretty good.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Anyone expecting super high quality amazing graphical fidelity from a game announcement stream for a brand new console that was showing mostly dev/beta footage is dumb as fuck.

Of course titles being shown off at the beginning of the console's lifespan aren't going to look like they take full advantage of the system...because they don't, duh :rolleyes:. It will literally take 3-5 years into it's life before any dev starts actually pushing the PS5/Sexbox hardware, y'know, like literally every console launch in history, so of course there's going to be pop-in and ugly textures and graphically unimpressive games. Most of the titles looked like they'd work just fine on a PS4, and basically 95% of the stuff shown off wasn't "mindblowing woooooah!!!!!!" visually at all...because of course they wouldn't be. I think Horizon was the only game that really looked good...and it had basically 0 in-game footage, as far as I can tell.

Same exact thing for the Sexbox. If you want mindblowingly "wow woah look at that SO AMAZING!", you'll be waiting a good long while with either console.

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Fun fact!

Many games shown early (trailers etc and it doesnt matter for which system actually dont improve/look any better on launch date, its actually the otherwise around..... most games look worse/are downgraded in some way or another at the end (graphics wise), especially true for 3rd person games and for fast-paced games because they aim for 60 FPS.....

Remember the Watchdogs (the 1st game in the series) reveal for PC? And there are other hundreads of examples.....

Reactions: RogueAntics

RogueAntics

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Come on man this is the stage where they really spend the next 5 months cleaning up their code and making things run smoother, I would use "optimising" but that's too broad. They will undoubtedly know of these issues, they have the debugging systems after all so know where to concentrate their efforts.

Plus the tech demo was likely an older build that wouldn't crash so try not to look at this as a final product, it's likely not even their best build, it was just the one they have ready to use for a demo to show what they can do, they may have already fixed the issues but didn't have enough time to fully test the later build and verify if it was stable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land