Hacking [Guide] Change emuNAND Region

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
should I use this guide if I already have a9lh? I want to have an extra emunand on a different region than my a9lh sysnand. Thanks!
Unless something has changed very very significantly, this WILL soft-brick your system.

EDIT: I really just can't tell. Anyway, the Plailect Guide has a page on how to do the region change with A9LH: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Region-Changing I suggest you follow it to the letter instead. It may be the same basic method though.

Reactions: gordon elcock

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless something has changed very very significantly, this WILL soft-brick your system.

EDIT: I really just can't tell. Anyway, the Plailect Guide has a page on how to do the region change with A9LH: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Region-Changing I suggest you follow it to the letter instead. It may be the same basic method though.
The methods are completely different. The Plailect guide is a CTRNand transfer and is a lot easier. It can be done in a few minutes.

ayanekochan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The methods are completely different. The Plailect guide is a CTRNand transfer and is a lot easier. It can be done in a few minutes.

Hmm so should I create a new emunand and then follow the region change on plailect's guide when I'm in emunand? Just want to make sure I don't screw up my a9lh sysnand.

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Well if you want you can use an EmuNand or RedNand (that without Arm9LoaderHax is the only way to region change without other files and you should only make that the System Nand when you checked it is working alright without patches), but with Arm9LoaderHax it shouldn"t cause problems in the System Nand, but you can make an EmuNand or RedNand so you don"t need to backup your Nand before the region change (even so I recommend to you to do one) and to restore it after the region chnage if you want to go back to your Original Nand and region. Also note that if you create an EmuNand or RedNand if there isn"t one yet in the SD Card it will format it, so you will need to backup all your SD Card files first.

Last edited by Clector,

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm so should I create a new emunand and then follow the region change on plailect's guide when I'm in emunand? Just want to make sure I don't screw up my a9lh sysnand.

You don't boot into emunand until part IV. when you are in D9 or G9, just make sure you select the EMUNAND corresponding menu, examples:

"EmuNAND Options" instead of "SysNAND Options" in D9
"EMUNAND CTRNAND" instead of "SYSNAND CTRNAND" in G9

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it's very outdated. Everything can be done with a simple ctrnand transfer now. It's in the a9lh guide.

Is this the guide?: https://plailect.github.io/Guide/region-changing

It says I need A9LH + Luma3DS, but it says it's for sysNAND.

Is it possible to keep sysNAND EUR, but change emuNAND region to U ?
I use Menuhax and it boots to the Homebrew Launcher where everything is found, Luma, Decrypt9 etc.

Thanks.

Probably irrelevant info (?): Planning it to use it on my old 4GB SD Card, which has already an emuNAND. 11.2 emuNAND though, since I transferred the whole thing to my 8GB SD Card.

Last edited by thekarter104,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ha, menuhax. I remember when that used to be a thing.

Follow the instructions and you will be fine. If it does not work I can give you the link to one of my old emunand region changing guides. It's a little complicated but it works.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to goto 2.1 for region swap if you have a9lh. If you do goto 2.1 without a9lh you will black screen brick due to wrong line 100 secure info file

You want 9.2 usa if you already have a9lh

kuroii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
You didn't merge the old updates with the new. Any title that has not been updated after 9.2 will not show up if you do not install the old updates. Follow the instructions below to solve this and your keyboard issue. I am not a fan of the guide in the op, too many people are having the same issue with the keyboard.

1. Get all of the updates for the system region you want to switch to starting from the lowest you can find (4.2) to whatever your emunand is now (9.2). If you are using a N3DS get the O3DS updates up to 8.1 and then get the N3DS updates from 9.0 and up.

2. Merge all of the update cia's into a single folder overwriting older versions with newer versions (add 4.2 cia's to the folder then 4.5 cia's then 5.0 etc..) when you are done there should be around 170 files.

3. Delete all cia's starting with 0004001B, 0004800F, 00048005, 00040130, 00040138, and 00048005. These will prevent the emunand from loading.

4. Place all of these cia's in a folder named updates on the root of your sd card.

5. Use FBI to uninstall the main system titles from your emunand (system settings, mii maker, miiverse, camera, etc...). If you region change before deleting the system titles it will cause your emunand to freeze randomly and block you from entering the system settings app. (Compare the system titles of the region you are on with the region you are going to on 3dbrew.org. Delete system title with unique id's that do not match.)

6. Use sysupdater in emunand to install all of the cia's in your update folder. When this is done your system will reset.

7. Use decrypt9 or rxtools to inject the SecureInfo_A for your new region into emunand. My system was weird in that I had a SecureInfo_B instead of A so rxtools would not work but decrypt9 did.

8. Congrats!! You have a region changed system. Now format it and update however you like. I updated with a cart to 9.4U first and then updated through system settings to 10.4U.

The eshop will not work unless you had a SecureInfo_A from a system that never connected to the internet.
Does this still work? I'm trying to region change to Korea. However, after deleting the cia mentioned in step 3, I'm only left with about 50 over files. My current region is Japanese.

When I proceed with sysupdater, it's been telling me there's an error (forgot to take pic) and boots me into my home menu again (still in Japanese). Tried to go system settings but it just freezes.

After rebooting, my ds just freezes at emunand on black screen. Sysnand is working fine tho.

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
It still works, but one needs to have all the needed update files for the desired region. If you only have 50 files I think that you may be missing some updates files.
Also make sure to inject a SecureInfo from the desired region after that like how that steps said.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1