Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gumbyx84 said:
Question: None of the POPS from 3.71 to 6 work? POPSLoader installer actually pulls PRXs from those firmwares. If they don't work, why extract them its a waste of space.

PS I would recommend not posting a link with that contains PSP firmware files. They are copyrighted and I believe posting them breaks forums rules.because they might work in the future, there's no need to just pretend they don't exist

also, is that true? I've seen OFW's posted all around the internet, i assumed they were fine

xist said:
No it's not. Those are copyrighted files so you're effectively breaking the same rule as posting a ROM or an ISO.
I'm sorry, but i don't quite understand why settings for a Plugin are illegal while the official firmwares themselves are fine, how is extracting part of something that is legal, illegal?

misticknight said:
I get the POPSloader menu to load but i keep getting crash errors everytime itry to load a PSX game using it (they load when i dont use POPS). Im on 6.20 PRo Nightly
you know it's weird, i've been having a crash error too for all of the most recent POPS (6.20-6.39), the only ones i could get to work were the old ones (3.02-3.52) and the Original from flash POPS

not quite sure if that's just an incompatibility or something is going on, is everyone else who used this guide (or not, please specify) having troubles with the latest versions of POPS?

Edit: should note i'm on a psp GO on pro b8 6.39

Edit 2: just read this thread, maybe because my icon isn't 80x80 it's messing up? can't really test that out right now, but it may be the reason, but apparently that gives some sort of save error, not an error that returns you to the XMB (or is it?)
gumbyx84 said:
xist said:
gumbyx84 said:
QUOTEpopstation is a program that will convert your psx games into an eboot.pbp playable in 3.02 OE-B firmware.
Should probably read:
popstation is a program that will convert your psx games into an eboot.pbp playable on PSP fimwares after 3.02.
Remember, you can play PSX games on newer firmwares.

Well all well and good but that's taken from the original firmware readme where popstation was first introduced. When that was written there were no newer firmwares. I was just giving an unrefutable explanation from the guy who made it.
Comment wasn't directed at you xist. It was directed at TC, suggesting he/she change what is said in the guide.
not sure if TC is supposed to be me, but i've changed it, thanks for pointing that out

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Posting the full updates is fine as you've done is fine. Posting the decrypted and reversed components of those updates (the relevant pops prx's in a package) is the violation.

Which is why you'll never find a link directly to those prx's on a 100% legit site.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nice tuto thanks!

I was so thrilled and waited since i had my PSP few months away for that plugin to be developped.. Sadly my 3000 04g has like no use for it the only single game i want to play without issues being Persona 2 EP and the 4.01 black screen on me.. crap
frown.gif
frown.gif

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a heads up: Your download link has reached its traffic limit.

Also: Is that a new update to POPsLoader? Is it different than the one you had up this weekend?

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes it is, and i see -.- gonna have to find a different host

Edit: the only difference is it remembers the POPS u selected last for every game, also in the original package i forgot 1 OFW (3.51 i think), and that was added

realveemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried this on my GO and the 3.71 pops doesn't work. Saw an earlier post which said the same...

My question is i have a psp with m33. Will the updated psp have access to 3,71/3.72 and the likes?

When i say updated i mean if i updated to 6.39PRO-B8

realveemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So 3.71 on m33 would work the same as 3.71 on PRO?

I ask because im half way through chrono cross and i like my save.... True its backed up but its better to ask...

Other question would be if ME has any advantages with POPS or if PRO is the way to go

B

BryceOne

Which of these CFW PRO should I try (6.20, 6.35, 6.39)?? Also, there's a new Pro-B9 BETA out now...anyone try it?

If it matters I have a PSP1000 currently with 5.50 Prometheus-4 on it and just want to try out a new version. I have Pandora battery so I can restore it if need be.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
6.39 with the custom IPL flash to make it permanent. You may as well just use B8 for now (or just wait) as B9 should be just around the corner.

quuuve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh 1001 phat and 01g. I dunno if I read the chart wrong though... it says fully working then says things that aren't working?

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
quuuve said:
Uh 1001 phat and 01g. I dunno if I read the chart wrong though... it says fully working then says things that aren't working?

I'm pretty sure the chart goes like this

All pops are Fully working with PSP Fat, 2000 and 3000 3g

PSP 3000 4g and 9g(maybe all):
Every POPS from 3.02 to 3.52 WORKS
Every POPS from 3.71 to 6.00 DOESN'T WORK
Every POPS from 6.20 to Original from flash POPS WORKS

So all pops should be working on your PSP 1000

realveemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone confirm that 4.01 POPS on m33 and 4.01 on pro are the same?

The deal is im running 5.00M33-6 and running POPs through it.. The firmware has been treating me really well yet everyone is updating to pro.. i want to update to 6.39PRO-B8 but PSX is crucial so i wanted to know if a game works on M33 if it would behave the same on pro with the same Pops number

Hope that makes sense

ars25

I like tacos and pie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
realveemon said:
Can anyone confirm that 4.01 POPS on m33 and 4.01 on pro are the same?

The deal is im running 5.00M33-6 and running POPs through it.. The firmware has been treating me really well yet everyone is updating to pro.. i want to update to 6.39PRO-B8 but PSX is crucial so i wanted to know if a game works on M33 if it would behave the same on pro with the same Pops number

Hope that makes sense
yea it will the pro pops is a port of the older ones all he did was add compatibility for the 6.xx firmwares

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    +1
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Economy was better under Trump, according to Fox News.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I don't give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if your shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +3
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    A Far Right news service company
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if our shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +2
    @Veho, didn't need any news. Just going to the store and buying groceries is a constant reminder.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    A reminder that all corporations reported record profits these last few years?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reminded that every single price gouging law was blocked by republicans because "muh gubmint overreach"?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Won't somebody please think of the corporations?!?!
    Veho @ Veho: Won't somebody please think of the corporations?!?!