Hacking Guitar Hero 5

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
Ossot said:
...you aren't doing anything wrong. GX is just buggy as shit.
an opinion youve probably formed within the last day or so, after using it to play games for free for months, right?

Well, I have used it throughout a hundred or so revisions, and I can form the same opinion. It is buggy as shit.

Not saying that it is a bad loader....it is just extremely buggy. It took me some time just to find a rev that was stable enough not to DSI error randomly in the beginning. Then, later revisions were even worse, with the loader not even being able to detect (it called my 1TB Verbatim "slow") my HD at all...when the rev just before that did.

It most likely has to do with the various people working on it, creating many revisions, and unknowingly breaking things here and there. Not bashing them...they are indeed working hard.

The most stable loader I have found (next to Waninkoko's original loader) is Configurable USB Loader. It is a VERY odd circumstance for you ever to get a crash from within it, which is why I recommend it wholeheartedly.

Porro88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
uljoe said:
I've got it to work through a disc loader.

Install this wad.
http://rapidshare.com/files/272838683/IOS5...-v5146.wad.html

Download and run multicios, and install IOS 37 as IOS 232.
http://rapidshare.com/files/272876067/multicios.zip

Download and run SoftChip, make sure to use IOS 232 and make sure the 002 Fix is enabled.
http://rapidshare.com/files/272875815/SoftChip.zip

Turn it up to 11 and rock out!
Tried...doesn't work...
I have a 4.0 E wii rev 14...i've installed 222 and 223 merged and the ios56 from the disk...someone who got it work through a disk loader in a pal wii?

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
Well, I have used it throughout a hundred or so revisions, and I can form the same opinion. It is buggy as shit.
we must be using it in wildly different ways then, as i havent had had a code dump in the hundred + revs i've used. then again, i dont enable cheats, run customized isos, themes, or utilize any of the homebrew or other non-game playing options which have been introduced as of late. mind you, i'm no fan of the ui telling me i'm a dipshit or casting aspersions towards the speed of my hard drive, but none of my experience with the loader would have me label it as buggy, nor qualify that aforementioned bugginess with an 'as shit.'

we must be folks being stroked differently, i suspect.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
i can confirm woring in the followings 2 loader that ive tried with the appropiate setting

USB Loader GX R715

Video Patch = Autopatch
Anti 002 = On(I Have It On Globally)
IOS = 223(Default cIOS Insatallation Using Hermes 222/223 V3 Installer Never Mind Merging ?? With ?? Just Use Default)
Block IOS Reload = On

CFG USB Loader V41

Video Patch = Force NTSC
IOS = 223 MLOAD(Default cIOS Insatallation Using Hermes 222/223 V3 Installer Never Mind Merging ?? With ?? Just Use Default)
Block IOS Reload = On

Hope This Helps

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
zektor said:
we must be using it in wildly different ways then, as i havent had had a code dump in the hundred + revs i've used. then again, i dont enable cheats, run customized isos, themes, or utilize any of the homebrew or other non-game playing options which have been introduced as of late. mind you, i'm no fan of the ui telling me i'm a dipshit or casting aspersions towards the speed of my hard drive, but none of my experience with the loader would have me label it as buggy, nor qualify that aforementioned bugginess with an 'as shit.'

we must be folks being stroked differently, i suspect.

There could be many factors involved. Maybe it is the amount of games I have on the partition...who knows. Some of the revs crashed on me from doing simple tasks, like simply adjusting settings. Once it even crashed when I wanted to view the"about" section! I cannot recall what rev it was at that time, but it most certainly happened quite a few times...on a few revisions. The last revision I tested (715 I think) was the one that all of a sudden stopped reading my drive entirely...and when I reverted back to a rev in the 500's somewhere it worked just fine. If you haven't experienced a crash however, that is definitely good for you.

locustlx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
possibly have to wait until tuesday maybe even wednesday (if there's a lot of traffic) for music store. Could of have sworn same thing happened with ghwt (game working but no store)

hitomiinlove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't know whether my piece of info will be valuable to anyone here, but I can confirm that GH5 worked on SoftChip r99 (channel version) perfectly, all GH:WT instruments work 100% correctly.

Here's my setup:
4.1U (updated via Waninkoko's firmware updater, originally softmodded on 4.0 using bannerbomb)
cIOS 38 rev14
IOS 37 installed as IOS 232 (multi-cIOS installer, as explained in mrkinator's RawkSD guide)
Softchip r99 (channel version)

Then, on SoftChip, I just chose IOS 232 for the game to run on, turned the 002 option on and it worked like a charm.

So, basically, it's the same config you use in order to get Rock Band 2 running and moving stuff correctly from and to the SD (instead of just copying stuff over to the SD).

Again, don't know whether this will be helpful to anyone at all, but thought I'd post this just in case.
smile.gif

laurenlee653

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I FINALLY got it to work.

system menu 4.0
softmod

After installing cIOS 38 rev14 and wad I was having errors with multi-cios, softchip, and the truch bug restorer. I made sure I install cioscorp v3.3 (which had all the wads with the truch bug restored already) then installed IOS 37 as IOS 232, then I loaded the game (enabled 002 fix) with ios37. That's what worked for me. Works perfectly now!

Thanks to everyone on this forum for your help! Turns out a few different posts helped my problem!

Good luck!

topdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, i've been trying to find help to run this with NeoGamma r7 but havent found anything. Does anyone know how to get it to work? Thanks.

holidayidol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
choptop said:
So i got the game to finally load with USB Loader and by 36/37 IOS and install as 223, but now my problem is that my NYKO Frontman guitar doesn't work for the game. Anyone else that has one of these guitars having the same problem?

Oh man, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!
After trying 29 different solutions before I finally got this game to work...now I'm unable to play due to this same issue.
Wiimote works fine with the game, but as soon as I plug it into the Nyko Front Man guitar, nothing in the game responds.

I've tried connecting through a lot of possible menus in the game, and it doesn't make a difference.

This game has been so frustrating! Just can't give up though.

Vsin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Warren_303 said:
Err, this game is pissing me off. I've been trying since like noon yesterday and still no go after using techom8's cIOS installer this morning.

I'd prefer to get this working with USB Loader GX. Here's what I have and done so far.

I have the cIOS38 Rev 14 installed and Hermes 222 223 installed in this order from another guide.

QUOTE said:
From Cookie's original post at WarezBB:

This is My Guide to Getting Guitar Hero 5 to load up useing Usb loader gx

Install this wad via wad manager
http://rapidshare.com/files/272838683/IOS5...-v5146.wad.html

its required to play!

Download Hermes IOS

http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223

Im assumeing you already have Usb Loader Gx (latest Build)
and the Hombrew Channel installed

1. step load up Hommebrew Channel
2. start the cIOS 222 Installer
3. Read the warning message and push A
4. Select IOS249 to perform the install and press A
5. Select to Install Custom IOS 222
6. The Select IOS merged with IOS60 & 36
7. Let it Install and Reboot.
8. Open Up Homebrew Channel (may Restart in homebrew Channel
9. tart the cIOS 222 Installer
10. Read the warning message and push A
11. Select IOS249 to perform the install and press A
12. Select to Install Custom IOS 223
13. The Select IOS merged with IOS60 & 36
14. Install it
Now When you done installing it Open Usb Loader gx
now find Guitar Hero 5 and and Go to settings and select ios 223 and activate fix 002 and press b and then click on the disk and it should work.

Note that this is not mine, but Cookie238's guide, he/she deserves the credit.

After that I tried Technom8ts cIOS installer rebooted the wii, loaded USB Loader GX from preloader and tried IOS 222 then 223 with 002 fix turned on and Block IOS Reload is turned on as well. Every time its a black screen with the HDD flashing about every 3 seconds.

If you notice something I might have overlooked or need to try please let me know.

I'll repeat part of my post as this part may solve your problems:

My settings for USB Loader GX 1.0 rev 717 on this game only (not my global settings) are as follows:

Video Mode: Force NTSC
VIDTV Patch: Off
Game Language: English
Ocarina: Off
IOS: 223 (222 and 249 will flash the green screen then give the black screen, so maybe those can work with different settings?)
Parental Control: 0(Everyone)
Error 002 Fix: On
Patch Country Strings: Off
Alternate DOL: Off
DOL from disc: Off
Block IOS Reload: On

For me it seemed little things no one here is talking of made a difference for me such as Video Mode and Game Language.

Ilive2frag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I got it this to work without the ios56 wad and using the hermes 223 merged with 36/37 etc. Now like many others it stutters like f'n crazy! I'm using the "shine" iso, is everyone else with stuttering issues using the same?

Vsin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ilive2frag said:
So I got it this to work without the ios56 wad and using the hermes 223 merged with 36/37 etc. Now like many others it stutters like f'n crazy! I'm using the "shine" iso, is everyone else with stuttering issues using the same?

I don't have that problem, mine did come from wiisos. Anyway, I am thinking it's possible that the stuttering for some could be caused by the hard drive they use. It's a thought to keep in mind. Make sure you have the hack that gives your Wii USB 2 type support. My hdd is a 640gb Western Digital My Book Essential Edition.

Vattu

Trophies
XP
Country
I got GH5 working after merging ios36&37 to 223 (if I remember correctly). everything works, except for the first song. when I start the song, a part that's playing starts looping with 1 sec intervalls, the people on stage and in the audience are dancing, but I can't do anything. am I the only one?

TheYamesGang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
holidayidol said:
choptop said:
So i got the game to finally load with USB Loader and by 36/37 IOS and install as 223, but now my problem is that my NYKO Frontman guitar doesn't work for the game. Anyone else that has one of these guitars having the same problem?

Oh man, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!
After trying 29 different solutions before I finally got this game to work...now I'm unable to play due to this same issue.
Wiimote works fine with the game, but as soon as I plug it into the Nyko Front Man guitar, nothing in the game responds.

I've tried connecting through a lot of possible menus in the game, and it doesn't make a difference.

This game has been so frustrating! Just can't give up though.

It apparently does work, though. I've been having this problem, as well, I finally got it running, only to have the guitar not work at all. The wiimote and mic work excellently, and that's fun, but it's GUITAR hero for a reason. But a thread in another section of this board claims that the Frontman is indeed working with GH5.

Xras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi all,

I've encountered this weird thing:

I'm on 4.1E, softmodded, USBloaders CFG, Uloader.
Hermes 222/223 installed (223 merged 37&36)
Tried every possible combination of settings in all loaders.

Now, when loading from DVD, using SoftChip, the game gives some errors (just keep pressing A to start, and eventually it will), but the game plays just fine.
When I try to load it from USB, using all suggested settings for uloader and CFGloader (and some not suggested), the game hangs on the loading screen.
Get me right, it passes the wriststrap screen thing, then goes on to the loading screen (the one you get before the game starts in attraction mode) and hangs there.
The drive is trying to access something, as i hear it skipping and seeking, but the game won't load any further.

Could this be due to a bad dump? or is it some setting i haven't tried yet?

CFG loader:
anti 002: on (off gives same result)
IOS 223 mload (ios reload blocked or not, gives same result)
Patch country strings (doesn't seem to have any effect whatsoever)
Video mode forcing: NTSC or default doesn't make a difference

Uloader:
Language: default
Vid mode: force disc
IOS load: 223
Skip IOS: on

Any ideas?

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
pepxl said:
i can confirm woring in the followings 2 loader that ive tried with the appropiate setting

USB Loader GX R715

Video Patch = Autopatch
IOS = 223(Default cIOS Insatallation Using Hermes 222/223 V3 Installer Never Mind Merging ?? With ?? Just Use Default)
Block IOS Reload = On

CFG USB Loader V41

Video Patch = Force NTSC
IOS = 223 MLOAD(Default cIOS Insatallation Using Hermes 222/223 V3 Installer Never Mind Merging ?? With ?? Just Use Default)
Block IOS Reload = On

Hope This Helps

What I don't understand is that I have those settings in my GX and CFG as well [ except my 223 is 37 merged with 36 ], GX worked once but hasn't worked since whilst CFG works every time.

[ Not aimed at you pepxl ] I think it is perfectly fair to say that wrt GH5, GX is buggy - how else can you explain the same settings not working everytime ?

Also, does anyone else have to reboot their wii when quitting GH5 as it goes to a black screen ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ sypt: youre a life saver <3