Gaming Guitar Hero III Customization

Kusan

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is there a way to make "petitions"? xD
I tried to make a custom GHIII last night but really...I couldn't...(and i'm not a noob, I'm pretty good at modifying discs with Trucha, etc...) so I was wondering if someone could do it for me and send the files to replace (not the ISO, just the songs). If this is a stupid post and I should have EVER posted it, then I apologize.

I checked the Rock Band custom and allow me to say it's awesome!!

Anyone has checked the Metallica custom? It's awful...the songs charts are the same, but with Metallica's songs audio xD (a little warning for people downloading it...)

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Check scorehero.com. It will take time and effort to make your own customs but all the info is there.

The Metallica custom probably has the correct charts, but they are probably tied to a different language selection than what's on your Wii. I doubt anyone would create a custom ISO and not bother to add the charts.

CuriousG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CosmoKramer said:
I also have another Custom GH3 that I made. (CosmoKramer Edition).. If you guys are interested. It was the first one I made and only the Main setlist is replaced, which is 45 songs, i believe.. EXPERTY ONLY Difficutly.. Which kinda Stinks.. There are some Rock Band songs on there that I'm gonna change.. Since most ppl already have the Rock Band Custom and plus, it was at the time when the offical rockband audio wasn't ripped yet. (just the charts)... Here is the setlist.. Let me know.

I'm interested. Where can I find this? Don't belong to any private trackers and the normal places I didn't see anything.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CosmoKramer said:
I don't know what's going on with TPB version of my Rock Band Custom. If you download it from there, you guys aren't getting the FULL amount of songs. That is only Version 1 of my custom. Version 2 has all the songs. That NFO is the wrong one and most of those bonus songs ARE NOT on it. I originally uploaded it to two private trackers, and then it made it's way over to TPB. But the person who uploaded it gave you the early version with the newer NFO. Also, i don't know why the game isn't working for some of you. It's been confirmed that it works on both NTSC-U and PAL systems on the two private trackers.

I should just go ahead and upload the PROPER version MYSELF to TPB. You guys are getting jipped and it's not supposed to be like that.

Do you know, is the one on a.b.g.w the proper one or the incomplete one? It's almost 70 days old at this point, so I'm thinking it might be the older version, but I don't know for sure. It doesn't say proper anywhere in the name.

Can't get on TPB at the moment so I can't get it from there (not sure if the site is blocked or what...)

CosmoKramer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That custom on the newsgroups isn't my custom.. i didn't make that version... I've only uploaded my verion to two private trackers and TPB..

mefoo33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I really hope someone is cool enough to just help me out here.. The GH3 iso... just explain this to me... i'm kinda stuck on this step and if i could figure out exactly what this is... i could move on.. this really is kind of exciting..

thanks

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mefoo33 said:
Ok, so I really hope someone is cool enough to just help me out here.. The GH3 iso... just explain this to me... i'm kinda stuck on this step and if i could figure out exactly what this is... i could move on.. this really is kind of exciting..

thanks

Uh... what exactly are you asking? What are you trying to do and what step are you having problems with?

mefoo33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, the GH3.iso, i'm stuck at trying to figure out what it is.. or how i get it... XD for how much i want this to happen.. it is actually kind of frustrating.. i mean is it some kind of torrent or something... i d k

markinca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i have firmware 3.3 and now I can't play any of those homebrew GH's anymore....
frown.gif
is there a fix or workaround for this?

smokyjoe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob here.

I've got some questions regarding the save files on GH3. I understand you cannot copy the gamesaves of GH3 to an SD card. I want to be able to play several custom discs, and the original, and be able to progress through and unlock all the songs. I've heard conflicting information regarding this:

1. Do not play in career mode, do quick play only.
2. Play in career mode, and use a different band name for each disc.

I'm hoping that 2 is correct. Can someone please confirm/deny this, or suggest another way to be able to play several custom discs without losing the progress of each custom disc.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
smokyjoe said:
Noob here.

I've got some questions regarding the save files on GH3. I understand you cannot copy the gamesaves of GH3 to an SD card. I want to be able to play several custom discs, and the original, and be able to progress through and unlock all the songs. I've heard conflicting information regarding this:

1. Do not play in career mode, do quick play only.
2. Play in career mode, and use a different band name for each disc.

I'm hoping that 2 is correct. Can someone please confirm/deny this, or suggest another way to be able to play several custom discs without losing the progress of each custom disc.

Option number 2 works for most of the custom disks, although there might be some early ones that Career doesn't work well with. Starting a new band shouldn't cause any issues though - that's the key.

There is also a homebrew software that lets you copy your GH3 save to SD card. Use it with the homebrew channel and it'll back up your save file or restore a save file from your SD card. The two programs are the "Save Extractor" and "Save Installer" if I remember right.

smokyjoe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
There is also a homebrew software that lets you copy your GH3 save to SD card. Use it with the homebrew channel and it'll back up your save file or restore a save file from your SD card. The two programs are the "Save Extractor" and "Save Installer" if I remember right.

Ahh, great. I didn't know about those. I'll look into them. Thanks

unsteadycarrot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
all of my custom discs are in NTSC/U and so they use the NTSC save, iv filled up my bands now but im making more discs!

can someone write/point me in the direction, of a quick tutorial so that my new discs will use the PAL save?

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You simply need to use the PAL disk. But then you get the borked mono sound, since I don't think the fixed version is out in Europe yet.

Have you tried using Guitar Hero Aerosmith instead of Guitar Hero 3 for your source disk? Then you can have more bands and still have correct sound.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The fixed PAL version has been out for a long time. It won't make a bit of difference though. I'll bet every custom that has been released follows the instructions over on scorehero and uses mono sound files before they ever get placed back into the ISO.

It's the same thing with GHA. It won't be in stereo unless your custom sound files are created that way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, FarCry 5 is an awesome game with multiple endings!