Hacking GW 3DS Petition to remove brick code

Zaide

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just buy games legit. Let's face it, the ONLY use for Gateway right now is backups and for 99.999% of people, that means piracy. I'm not going to say that people got what they had coming for pirating games, but I will say that if you're that worried about bricking your console then shut up and buy the games you play.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
You think a petition is going to work?

ME4Kf.gif

Senbei Norimaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just buy games legit. Let's face it, the ONLY use for Gateway right now is backups and for 99.999% of people, that means piracy. I'm not going to say that people got what they had coming for pirating games, but I will say that if you're that worried about bricking your console then shut up and buy the games you play.

Lots of people buy Gateway to get around Nintendo's region lock to play their legitimate purchased import games. You do take big risk whenever you mod your system. Especially when do it with a counterfeit flash card made by some fly by night company. With flash carts you get what you pay for. Next spend the little bit of extra money and get a real Gateway. I wish I could see Nintendo's reaction to all this.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Lots of people buy Gateway to get around Nintendo's region lock to play their legitimate purchased import games.

You really don't believe this yourself? do you? I guess you haven't read that one of the things causing the brick was adding region free.
It even happens with the official gateway.
Besides that, Gateway itself isn't offering region free yet. So why are you promoting it for that?

Reactions: McHaggis

Senbei Norimaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You really don't believe this yourself? do you? I guess you haven't read that one of the things causing the brick was adding region free.
It even happens with the official gateway.
Besides that, Gateway itself isn't offering region free yet. So why are you promoting it for that?
Really? I don't have a 4.5 3DS so I wouldn't know. I have seen people on youtube using it to get past the 3DS region lock.

xXMortalKombatXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Remember when nintendo said 3rd party devices will cause bricks? they were correct

trollface_17-403125921.jpg

(copied from another post i made, as all those topics are the same crap with a new smell, i'll also place my poop here)

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
So... what is this brick-code?

It's a piece of code Gateway implemented into their software to kill the clone competition, which is obviously putting a damper on their fat wallets if they were willing to do such a thing. The code causes consoles that are running a modified Gateway firmware to "brick", and until recently, it was impossible to recover from it (Even with soldering). The code itself is also incredibly buggy, and causes un-modified firmware to brick Gateway customer's 3DS's as well (People who did not use clones, legitimate Gateway users). This in turn caused a huge uproar from the community, and even with that, they refuse to admit it was their doing, and are not informing people to not use the infected firmware (Basically, they're setting their entire user-base up for disaster).

Until they can admit what they've done, and remove the Bricking code, it is recommended to stay as far away from 2.0B2 as you possibly can. When they produce a new update in the future, and they still have not mentioned the bricking code, you should wait until a trusted community member has poked around in it to make sure it's safe. Odds are that if they don't mention it's removal, any new firmware should be treated as 2.0B2 and should not be used.

It is a rumor about a fictional piece of "code" started by "chinese gangsters" to hurt Gateway's reputation. It is a result of people manipulating Gateway's official launcher causing 3ds' to brick.

I sincerely hope you're being sarcastic.

J. Sinclair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well this seems counterproductive... from all sides... :/
q1: Why spend the time to program a "kill" code for the ones that are paying money for hardware and software you are creating... That's stupid.
q2: I just bought the Gateway hardware, now I feel like I can't use it in fear of the people I paid will break my brand spanking new 3ds... Should I trust them at all any more?
q3: Shouldn't they be more concerned about fixing their current hardware/software platform instead of mucking about with counterproductive kill codes that only hurt the community?
I mean I get that they want their shit to be their shit and free for piracy... but brick codes?? Damn...

Reactions: Huntereb

inuyasha555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well this seems counterproductive... from all sides... :/
q1: Why spend the time to program a "kill" code for the ones that are paying money for hardware and software you are creating... That's stupid.
q2: I just bought the Gateway hardware, now I feel like I can't use it in fear of the people I paid will break my brand spanking new 3ds... Should I trust them at all any more?
q3: Shouldn't they be more concerned about fixing their current hardware/software platform instead of mucking about with counterproductive kill codes that only hurt the community?
I mean I get that they want their shit to be their shit and free for piracy... but brick codes?? Damn...

It wasn't meant to run on their own hardware or software (and still hasn't been proven it actually does and really can't be.) They did what they had to do to stop clones and those clones will sure take their time from now on before releasing new firmwares or if they can't decrypt the whole thing hopefully not release any firmware unless they make it.
What reason isn't there to? Still been using 2.02b every day now playing games and I don't see why all these people are complaining of bricks, it doesn't.
Why should they make new stuff if a different team is going to steal it the day after and say it's theirs? Take them out first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: :wub: