Hacking Question Hack a Patched Switch in 2021?

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
Hmmm. Hopefully some developer messes up enough with their game like how ninjahax was made.

My reply is probably super dumb but can't we modify a game update which breaks the game, allowing for exploits like ninjhacks, and transfert this update from an unpatched Switch to a patched Switch via the local game update transfer thing?
Or more generally, can't we use this feature to transfert unexpected things from one (hacked) Switch to another?

Last edited by MK73DS,

Kallrkyle

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
My reply is probably super dumb but can't we make modify a game update which breaks the game, allowing for exploits like ninjhacks, and transfert this update from an unpatched Switch to a patched Switch via the local game update transfer thing?
Or more generally, can't we use this feature to transfert unexpected things from one (hacked) Switch to another?

TBH if it was that easy, don't you think it was already done that way ?

Just accept there is only one way way on patched/Mariko, and that is an expensive chip or go buy an unpatched console

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
TBH if it was that easy, don't you think it was already done that way ?

That's not really an argument... Imagine if 150 years ago someone said "Can't we try to mimic birds with a structure composed of a central body and two large wings for us humans to fly?" and you said "TBH if it was that easy, don't you think it was already done that way?"

It's just an idea and I know this is currently not possible. But I'd like to know why. Is this local transfer done online with data checking? Are there some kind of protection against modified game data? Is the Switch immune to save attacks no matter how poorly written a game is?

Just accept there is only one way way on patched/Mariko, and that is an expensive chip or go buy an unpatched console

I already own a hacked Switch. I'd like to be able to homebrew my OLED Switch so I can get the best of both worlds so that's why I'm interested in research of ways to hack a patched Switch. I'd like to know why something doesn't work instead of "it doesn't work because otherwise someone would have done it", this is wrong on so many levels, research (in any domain) couldn't exist if "it's not possible because it hasn't been done before" was true.

Deleted member 550701

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I already own a hacked Switch. I'd like to be able to homebrew my OLED Switch so I can get the best of both worlds so that's why I'm interested in research of ways to hack a patched Switch. I'd like to know why something doesn't work instead of "it doesn't work because otherwise someone would have done it", this is wrong on so many levels, research (in any domain) couldn't exist if "it's not possible because it hasn't been done before" was true.
I applaud anyone who tries to hack the patched switches, just beware it will be hard, many experienced hackers failed at this task, but if you want to try then definitely go for it!

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
My reply is probably super dumb but can't we modify a game update which breaks the game, allowing for exploits like ninjhacks, and transfert this update from an unpatched Switch to a patched Switch via the local game update transfer thing?

You'd have to re-sign the update with N's key, and if you had the key you wouldn't need to try what you're saying

WG481

Official Waluigi Propagandist
OP
Trophies
Somewhere. Look hard enough and you could find me.
XP
Country
United States
Fair, but i would say a savegame exploit will not happen again. But who knows. I don't want to discuss about this. I'm not a programmer or something like this. But when they find something...why not?
True true.
For all I know the next exploit would be a Nintendo employee leaking something to us.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there some kind of protection against modified game data? Is the Switch immune to save attacks no matter how poorly written a game is?
All content (excluding saves, cal, etc) has a signature created using an RSA2048 private key which cannot be forged without having that private key, and that key is only known by a special signing box at Nintendo/Nvidia.

Save exploits effectively don't exist, you can pwn games, but it won't get you anywhere without additional non-existent bugs.

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,

rhae

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I'm on a patched switch that came with 5.1, it's been 2 years since I got it, never connected to the internet and I'm still waiting for an exploit. Hope someone finds one soon because I'm getting closer and closer to updating it. I can't find anyone who can install a modchip either.

The only thing keeping me away from doing so is my experience with my 3DS; I didn't research about 3ds cfws and thought i'd be like R4DS, updated it right away. When I realized my mistake I sold it and bought a new one. A month later there was an exploit for the firmware I've updated to.

So I'm being more patient with my switch but this is dragging on for too long. :wacko:

Kallrkyle

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I'm on a patched switch that came with 5.1, it's been 2 years since I got it, never connected to the internet and I'm still waiting for an exploit. Hope someone finds one soon because I'm getting closer and closer to updating it. I can't find anyone who can install a modchip either.

The only thing keeping me away from doing so is my experience with my 3DS; I didn't research about 3ds cfws and thought i'd be like R4DS, updated it right away. When I realized my mistake I sold it and bought a new one. A month later there was an exploit for the firmware I've updated to.

So I'm being more patient with my switch but this is dragging on for too long. :wacko:

If its a Erista (V1) ipatched you should be abel to use the Deja vu or whatever its called hack iirc, i never tried it myself since both mines are v1 unpatched

If its a Mariko (v2) (RedBox) there is no other solution than a hardware chip and its damn expensive

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You are above 4.1 so your only other option is SX Core/HW Fly modchip.

Kallrkyle

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Guess you never get to old to learn something new, i thought that the Deja Vu, Caffeine or whatever its called was supported up to 7.0, but i was wrong it seams, sorry for that

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess you never get to old to learn something new, i thought that the Deja Vu, Caffeine or whatever its called was supported up to 7.0, but i was wrong it seams, sorry for that
Deja Vu can be used on up to 7.0.1, but nobody’s ported it past 4.x yet (and I think some later firms are missing some vulns that’ll need replacing)

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May be pretty far fetched but what if you change a really old switch update file, and make it say something like 19.0.1. Put it on a hacked switch v1 and transfer it over via system transfer.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May be pretty far fetched but what if you change a really old switch update file, and make it say something like 19.0.1. Put it on a hacked switch v1 and transfer it over via system transfer.
We can't modify or even forge system update files because we need the signing key that only Nintendo has. And there is no way we are ever going to get our hands on that key.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P