OP
Trophies
Website
www.stut.ch
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hi guys :)

Has someone tried to import a GBA save (cardrige) to the GBA save within the 3DS SD card ?

I've tried to see if saves are the same but they don't. The cardrige GBA save is 32KB and the 3DS one is 128KB.

It seem's that the 3DS save use another save format or is encrypted.

I can't use 3DS Save DeEncrypter cos it say missing COMDLG32.OCX. I have the file in system32 but it doesen't work.

Thanks for help :)

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi :)

No you can't. Don't expect to be able to import GBA save to 3DS SD card for at least 1-2 years or longer. :) There is a lot of new encryption that needs to be broken (and likely a lot of checksums) before you can import your saves.

The 3DS SD card save files do not use the same encryption as game card saves, so 3DS Save DeEncrypter would not help you decrypt 3DS SD card saves anyways. You need COMDLG32.OCX inside the same folder as 3DS DeEncrypter...

syrusch

OP
Trophies
Website
www.stut.ch
XP
Country
Swaziland
Thanks for reply.

Issue resolved. 3DS Save DeEncypter must be runned in compatibility mode. I'tried to decrypt but it doesen't work. I mean if we can decrypt 3DS saves, that will be easy to do the same with eShop/Game saves, No ?

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for reply.

Issue resolved. 3DS Save DeEncypter must be runned in compatibility mode. I'tried to decrypt but it doesen't work. I mean if we can decrypt 3DS saves, that will be easy to do the same with eShop/Game saves, No ?

>___>

Why would it work? eShop saves are encrypted differently...try again next year!
Everyone was lucky that Ridge Racer had a flaw in the save which told how saves were decrypted. So far no known eShop save has given anyone how to decrypt. It will likely be a while, though.

DarkWork0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was tinkering with doing some hex editing of my Metroid Fusion save, I did notice that I was able to edit some things in there play the game for a second, save and the edit was still there. Just don't know what I did in the game rofl.

D

Deleted-236924

Title is misleading.
BTW, to get most ocx or dll files to work, you have to type "regsvr32 [dll or ocx file]" in an elevated command prompt.
Doesn't matter where they're placed, as long as you registered them correctly they should work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UeJincEpEM