Hacking Hack SXOS

angrynewraze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, again.

Well, tinfoil game icons work even in atmosphere, but it requires a valid license.dat, of course. All my switches are setup like that. The thing is having it work with an spoofed license O: ) But I think making the spoof work on sx lite and sx core is a bigger priority :)

EDIT: this may not make sense to you guys, I mean using atmos but still wanting to use sxos... the thing is I have all switches with an atmos configured sdcard and a couple of them with additional sxos configured sdcards. I'd like to be able to break any sxos protection, if we could, add it fw 11.0.1+ compatibility and maybe more. SXOS is faster to boot and it does some thing atmos doesn't...
I just wanted the cheats to work.

Reactions: DOCKY99 and Inaki

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
@Reacher17

I found the sub that reads the console fingerprint in ROMMENU - spoofing that as well should let you remove those patches you added and maybe cheats will work - if you want to verify (just for proof) you can NOP this in your script:

5O6y6e7.png

Code:
NOP = unhexlify("1F2003D5")

rom_in.seek(0x12A58) - #reads console fingerprint - patch sets to 0000's
rom_in.write(NOP)

Last edited by mrdude,

Lamine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
yes all the icons and backgrounds show up perfectly in tinfoil.
How did you manage to get them work? I've asked for someone to at least share his sd files (ziped) with us..... I've been using Emunand and yet the issue is still there :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Reacher17

I found the sub that reads the console fingerprint in ROMMENU - spoofing that as well should let you remove those patches you added and maybe cheats will work - if you want to verify (just for proof) you can NOP this in your script:

5O6y6e7.png

Code:

rom_in.write(NOP)
Are you releasing an updated boot.dat bro?

Inaki

Trophies
XP
Country
@Reacher17

5O6y6e7.png

Code:

rom_in.write(NOP)
:bow:

Lamine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Does that mean the cheats part of sxos doesn't work?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

on the modded boot.dat on my switch the thumbnails or icons work perfectly along with everything else except the cheats.
Could you please share the tinfoil files from your sd card on a zip file? It seems no one is listening or looking for sharing these fils :(

iLL wiLL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember what sxos said if there code was stolen!!! They could brick your system over$30 for the device I WOULDN'T risk bricking a $300 switch!!!

Reactions: shanefromoz

TheyKilledKenny

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Could you please share the tinfoil files from your sd card on a zip file? It seems no one is listening or looking for sharing these fils :(
As I alredy wrote to you, you don't need any particular file, use standard tinfoil, use the prepatched boot.dat and you're on
download Tinfoil from from http://tinfoil.io
I hope that this thread will be left free more for the work in progress than for the usual: "give it to me, give it to me!"

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
More tests carried out:

Using Hacked boot.dat (fingerprint embedded as my original) and legit license. Homebrew tested:
====
SX Save manager - working.
SD Dumper - working.
Tinfoil - icons working.
This would seem to be an issue with a fingerprint check that still needs patched.
=====
Cheat menu - working using patched rommenu
Using unpatched rommenu - cheats working
This would also seem to be an issue with a fingerprint check that still needs patched.

I'm using an alternative patch for rommenu:
Code:
rom_in.seek(0x12A5C) # make license check valid. (0x1244c + 0x160)
rom_in.write(NOP)

This single patch replaces the previous 3 that were used and does the same thing :-) Also the good news with these tests are that none of the patches break anything - only a fingerprint check is missing.

Last edited by mrdude,

Moquedami

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
That is not the goal of this thread, and it never will be. What they have achieved is more than enough. I would prefer compatibility with 11.0.1
Yeah, as a official licence owner im only interested in this for compatibility of new firmwares since SX OS is not supporting its product anymore.

cashboxz01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why would someone still want to hack sx os when there is atmos which is free.

its a totally pointless project/thread.

Convenience. Same reason why people buy Apple instead of Linux, even though most tools included in macOS are either open source or have open source alternatives. No one who uses SXOS cares about credits, most are well aware it's a modified clone of Atmosphere. I'm sure the same people don't care about the developers behind the xci credits either.

Reactions: Bluepython9286

Lamine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
As I alredy wrote to you, you don't need any particular file, use standard tinfoil, use the prepatched boot.dat and you're on
download Tinfoil from from http://tinfoil.io
I hope that this thread will be left free more for the work in progress than for the usual: "give it to me, give it to me!"
you seem not to understand that no matter it takes for me trying all stuff it still doesnt work in both consoles that i own..... the only perhaps possible solution is to have a neutos version perhaps it would wok or else someone to share a copy of his clean sd having tinfoil version that works for thumbnail

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Found the sub routine that displays the fingerprint on screen + when the fingerprint is sent to tx when it generates a license, this is probably a good place for patching the fingerprint. Rommenu.bin - sub_710001ACD0

lvo4ccm.jpg

Attachments

• ROMMENU.zip
    917.8 KB · Views: 142

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found the sub routine that displays the fingerprint on screen + when the fingerprint is sent to tx when it generates a license, this is probably a good place for patching the fingerprint. Rommenu.bin - sub_710001ACD0

Impressive work!
You seem to understand your way around SXOS - do you know if the XCI loading is bound by anything within SXOS?
Or do you see a way to make this capability work as a standalone application for other CFWs?

Don't get me wrong, it's awesome to have a patched/free SXOS but I believe that it would be the best to take their greatest features and keep them alive in a more up tp date CFW.

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I've been testing a few kips, and I get the red BOOT.DAT icon after the Nintendo Switch logo. The Kip I tried to test was SX Autoloader and Tweak

Reactions: Inaki

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Last edited by Imancol,
Reactions: Inaki

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat