Ravenius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
jalaneme said:
FireGrey said:
So is this a milestone for hacking the 3DS?

is really only useful for proper hackers who want to try and break the encryption on the 3ds save system

No, no it isn't... It's made to backup your save files.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Ravenius said:

and how are you going to exactly do that if the save files are useless after you have extracted them? and transfer them back to the 3ds cart?

QUOTE(pachura @ Aug 1 2011, 05:02 PM) Whether they are stored in savegames themselves or not, doesn't really matter. The point is that it is impossible NOW to e.g. change stats of your character or add some items, encrypt the savegame and re-upload it to the cart, as no one knows how to recalculate these checksums.

Immortal_no1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ravenius said:
jalaneme said:
FireGrey said:
So is this a milestone for hacking the 3DS?

is really only useful for proper hackers who want to try and break the encryption on the 3ds save system

To clarify... the 3DS Save De/Encrypter isn't a tool that can backup your saves as it doesn't interface directly with the cartridge.
It WILL be MORE useful at a point in the future when the CRCs have been found and a save can be rebuilt after changes have been made, slow progress is currently being made on that front.

Immortal_no1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
v1.2 is on it's way

Post your ideas on what should be in v1.3+ (please no silly comments, lets keep this professional)

Immortal_no1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
v1.2 Uploaded

Download - 3DS Save De/Encrypter v1.4

From Readme:

3DS Save DeEncrypter v1.2 by Blite

v1.2 -Major upgrade to the speed of the decryption/encryption.
Save File info added to FIle menu.

v1.1 -Conversion of decrypted files using 3DS Save DeEncrypter to those that 3DSaveTool will support

v1.0 -Works on all computers tested with so far, no issues with critical sections using MSVCR100.dll as it down't use it.

-Decryption places "DE AD BE EF" into decrypted file for easy tracking and re-encryption,
Tested on all games that i own and works. Encryption of files correctly binary compares with the origional encrypted file.

Upcoming

Down the line
-CRC info in Save File info
-Specific game save information: currently working on: - Resident Evil Mercenaries

If you have any issues report them to me at [email protected] in the form below:

Game:

Issue:

Operating System:

Screenshot Attachment: (Opitional)

Gamesave Attachment: (Required depending on issue)

Immortal_no1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Immortal_no1 said:
To answer your questions:

1. You need a EEPROM data reader, such as - NDS Adaptor Plus with version 3.02 software so it can read 3ds save data, or a NEO 3DS SMS2 adapter and related software to 'dump your save data.

2. Yes if you back up your Resident Evil Mercenaries Cartridge before playing it... once you complete it or want to sell it you can reflash the cartridge with the one you created earlier and it will be just like new. Or if you don't have the original save file, you can corrupt the save data "write a random byte pretty much anywhere in the *.sav file and flash that back, RE Mercenaries will say the save is corrupt and get you to reformat the cartridge. 'i believe'. And if you then decide not to sell it you can put back in your newer RE-mercenaries save and continue playing trying to get Wesker's alternate costume
smile.gif

I can confirm that if the EEPROM data on the cartridge is reflashed with a blank slate (e.g. 0xFF throughout the file) the Resident evil Mercenaries game recognises the data as being "New" & "Unused" so pops up a message on start of:
"Please wait while saving" followed by "Saved"

Download: Resident Evil - The Mercenaries 3D : Flash Reset

I believe that this is standard practice on all cards for all games. Reset data to 0xFF and the system will recreate Filesystem structure on the card when it's first run.

And Yes you can also put back on your original game save and all your data is still there.

So all the game shops need to do now is purchase a NDS Card reader and they can start reselling the Resident Evil 3D in stores after trade-ins.

Immortal_no1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Adding in creation of EEPROM save Reset into v1.3, done.
Will upload it in the morning, need to keep this project moving.

Maat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If one of the games has the option to a user type the name before saving, try making different files with the same name but changing one letter for each save. It can help you discover where maybe is the checksum and it's size.

Immortal_no1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
v1.3 Uploaded

3DS Save DeEncrypter v1.3 by Blite

v1.3 -Added creation of EEPROM save Reset to restore Game cartridges to Factory default (e.g. 0xFF)

v1.2 -Major upgrade to the speed of the decryption/encryption.
Save File info added to FIle menu.

v1.1 -Conversion of decrypted files using 3DS Save DeEncrypter to those that 3DSaveTool will support

v1.0 -Works on all computers tested with so far, no issues with critical sections using MSVCR100.dll as it down't use it.

-Decryption places "DE AD BE EF" into decrypted file for easy tracking and re-encryption,
Tested on all games that i own and works. Encryption of files correctly binary compares with the origional encrypted file.

Upcoming

Down the line
-CRC info in Save File info
-Specific game save information: currently working on: - Resident Evil Mercenaries

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
jalaneme said:
Ravenius said:

and how are you going to exactly do that if the save files are useless after you have extracted them? and transfer them back to the 3ds cart?

QUOTE(pachura @ Aug 1 2011, 05:02 PM) Whether they are stored in savegames themselves or not, doesn't really matter. The point is that it is impossible NOW to e.g. change stats of your character or add some items, encrypt the savegame and re-upload it to the cart, as no one knows how to recalculate these checksums.
You are not reading correctly. You can use this tool to backup and restore an UNMODIFIED savefile.

Ie, I have RE:Mercs with no savegame reset. I launch the game once. Use this tool to backup the savegame with no mission done or ANYTHING. After that, in a year or so, if I ever want to put it back to the original state, I would simply have to restore the savegame with this tool. Because the savegame is untouched, the checksum stay the same.

Pip'

Immortal_no1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry Pip, this tool can't copy the save off the cartridge, other tools do that already, maybe if i can get the API for one of them i can incorporate that into the application in a future release.... Good idea Pip!

As for restoring the game back to it's original state, using 3DS Save De/Encrypter v1.3 you can create a file that you can then use a reflashing tool to flash the file into the cartridge and the cartridge (i.e. RE:Mercs) will be just like it came out of the shop!

The whole Blank slate is an easy thing to do, it's just a file the size of the gamesave filled with 0xFF which is the default state of the EEPROM chip fresh from the factory.

Immortal_no1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Updated to v1.4

Updates in this version:
3DS Save DeEncrypter v1.4 by Blite

v1.4 -Decryption now places "FF" into decrypted file incase of CRC checksum miscalculations while
attempting to calculate checksums. So now removed the need for backwards compatibility
with 3DS SaveTool by crediar as it's no longer required.
-Some people have said they needed a file to get the application running so added
COMCTL32.OCX to archive for those people that need it.
-Added an icon for aesthetics.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it finally start...programs to mess with saves is a start, wonder when the good stuffs gonna happen? (Hint Hint...lol)

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
If your refering to things like the inventory to Zelda and such, I got most of it already ID'ed.

NOTE: Be aware that the save consists of a save spot and a recent backup save for zelda. There is a total of 6 saves (3 regulars and 3 masters) and 2 backups (likely 1 for each mode) and they ALL move around every time you save.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...