HAHAHa, guess what happened?!!?!

slaphappygamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh yea, I updated my switch, on accident. It wasn't even my dog (or cat). I just can't even believe it, lol. I was going to update anyway, but this all happened in the WRONG ORDER. I had 16.0.0 with atmo 1.5.1. I got the latest atmo (1.5.3) and loaded it, with the updated fusee.bin, on to my sd card. Then, I got the fatal error (incorrect fusee version). I checked around and made sure that my fusee.bin is on my root, in the \bootloader\payloads, and set to reload_payload.bin in \atmosphere. They are all the same fusee.bin now. To be sure, I double checked that they were all the same fusee.bin before I started. After I got the fatal error, my switch rebooted. I checked my sd card again, and I checked again all my fusee.bin were all the same. So, my switch rebooted again, then I decided to check the firmware, to see if I was on atmo now. I'm now on 16.0.3. I still get the error. This doesn't seem to be related to sigpatches, but I'll update anyhow.

What am I missing?

• Wow
Reactions: AncientBoi

slaphappygamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Things get tricky, I remember I downloaded sx gear and used that to boot fusee. I also remember using hekate, but that was a while ago. Pretty sure I was on firmware 15 then. When I updated to 16, I ended up switching to sx gear. @binkinator had helped another user and he referred to sx gear. I started using that instead. I was able to boot into atmo after restoring my bin files. Trouble for me is that updates are not very regular and I usually forget what the process is. I know the order to update in, but the file placement is so particular.

The premade boot.dat loaded hetake, after that, I chose my fusee.bin.

From typing this, I realize what I did.

I had to rename my fusee.bin to payload.bin, on my root. Along with having the new atmosphere.

Without realizing it, I was actually bypassing sx gear boot process. This is why it wouldn't work.

Reactions: linuxares

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is sad. His 2 movies were good. Informative about our food industry.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    This was one of the craziest movies I've seen about our food industry, lots of stuff I didn't know. A must see. https://youtu.be/OqzjC-ENrl8?si=GYxmdY5nShzGniVi
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Oh, that dude?
    I stopped believing or caring about that dude when I found out about some of the more questionable nonsense he did in his life.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like what? I didn't know or hear.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean like every famous person that ever existed
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get so tired of hearing oh I liked him until...
    I just know dude was a chronic alcoholic and such.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been to his chicken restaurant he started in his 2nd movie, Holy Chicken, was pretty good. It is only 15-20 miles from me in Ohio. It only lasted 1 yr or so then closed tho.
    There are very few people I just have just an immense dislike of and he's one of those very few people, the only other example is Gene Simmons. My musician uncle on my mother's side of the family actually met Gene once during some event and said he was the most unpleasant person to be around.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I met myself once turns out that guy is a giant piece of shit that doesn't deserve any of my respect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn alcoholics! (Sshhh- Opens another beer)
    Agreed, Ken
    I can't say I've ever tried even a sip of beer tbh-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mad dog 20 20? Oh yea fixed the typo. I haven't seen that or had forever. Do they still make it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think it's why I'm alive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What happens if when playing Paper Mario, you start a fire in-game?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/vja8uoOy5XE?si=d2qo7jYK9TiyaOZ2