Hardware Hall Effect sensor joycon sticks on Amazon

AngelofWoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The gap is a known issue; the way they molded the black shell of the unit doesn't go all the way to where the default gaskets are. You'd need a gasket that has a smaller hole in the middle to cover it completely, which would also interfere with input slightly.

The supposed extra 7 months of development time on these to "make them perfect" seems to have either been a misdirection or an abject failure. GuliKit can't have not known about these problems, and they only just acknowledged them publicly outside of to their resellers last week, and stated publicly just this morning they have a revision coming that's supposed to fix the gap issue, too. Supposedly.

Prior to last week the only admission of the issues came from resellers in private chats responding to reviews and complaints.

Last edited by AngelofWoe,

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My order just shipped and I should have them for my weekend work. I might just install these, with or without the clicking, and hope that it goes away, if present. But I’ll contact the company if there are issues.

Cajumjoe

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Got mine yesterday but fifteen pages of problem discussion about them makes me not want to even bother until at least my original ones start drifting again. Took them out and moved them around to check for the clicking thing - can't really hear it but I do hear a very faint spring mechanism sound when I push them to one side so who knows. It's not a distinct click.
The spring sound is "normal". The spring sits on a washer and is compressed, so sometimes it will make a little sound as it moves. If you move it slowly and don't get the "click", then it's probably good.

NeoHoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Latvia
The spring sound is "normal". The spring sits on a washer and is compressed, so sometimes it will make a little sound as it moves. If you move it slowly and don't get the "click", then it's probably good.
In my case, as I have informed here earlier, I attempted to replace GuliKit thumbsticks/stems and internal axis mechanisms with the original Nintendo parts. The movement became buttery smooth, but it resulted in increased dead zones.

Then I decided to leave everything as GuliKit intended except for the washers and original springs. GuliKit's springs are warped at the base and that produces scratching against the washer (the washer itself seems to be not wide enough to accomodate diameter of the spring's base) and produces clicking sound with tactile feedback.

I do recommend this method that solved my clicking issues while preserving precision of GuliKit joysticks.

Vine-gar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my case, as I have informed here earlier, I attempted to replace GuliKit thumbsticks/stems and internal axis mechanisms with the original Nintendo parts. The movement became buttery smooth, but it resulted in increased dead zones.

Then I decided to leave everything as GuliKit intended except for the washers and original springs. GuliKit's springs are warped at the base and that produces scratching against the washer (the washer itself seems to be not wide enough to accomodate diameter of the spring's base) and produces clicking sound with tactile feedback.

I do recommend this method that solved my clicking issues while preserving precision of GuliKit joysticks.

Any way of specifying more clearly what those parts you re-used from the original Joy-Con are? This sounds like a good idea but I'm worried I don't know exactly what you mean.
Yeah, these will take some more time to fix, according to Gulikit.

That's annoying. I wonder if there's a way to know when that "next batch" will be out.

Reactions: impeeza

Cajumjoe

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Any way of specifying more clearly what those parts you re-used from the original Joy-Con are? This sounds like a good idea but I'm worried I don't know exactly what you mean.

That's annoying. I wonder if there's a way to know when that "next batch" will be out.
They said they would make an announcement when the next batch is out.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine just showed up and I just checked them before install. All four have no click issues. There is still that little gap above, but it may be 2 hairs width. Really not an issue. I only see it IF I look right at it. I installed a pair on my OG switch. I’ll install the other pair on my kids switch lite soon.

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My shipment from Aliexpress arrived today. I purchased directly from the official Gulikit Aliexpress shop. All of the sticks are fine, no click or movement issues. Shrug.

Glad to hear this. Unfortunately, my AMZN package was lost so I had to wait another 2 weeks for another order to come in. I'm hoping the fact that the order isn't coming directly from an amazon warehouse means I'm getting the better batch, even if it still has the gaps. 11 day handling is painful.

Last edited by JonJaded,

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
this

this doesn't look good at all lol :D it was a video issue or huge slow down on return to the center?

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I was just referring to the fact that you posted the exact video that I posted directly under my post. :P
you should click that video before posting ;P it is shared to the 16:30 min when his stick gets some huge slow down on return to the center

• Haha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3