Hardware Hardmod questions

Monsterjj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions about hard modding that I cant seem to find an answer to so

1. After the hard mod is done
What happens if you plug the sd card into a possibly non compatible reader?

2. During hard modding what can cuase a system to brick

3. After youve used a disk imgr (I think thats how you do it I cant remember exactly) and put a nand onto the 3ds how do you apply it to to the system

Thank you for any and all replies

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
1. nothing really, you will get a blue screen on 3ds but no drive will show up on the computer (well the drive letter may show up depending on the reader, but it will just be faded put and ask you to insert a disk to continue.....i.e the nand cannot be read)

2. nothing will just brick it for no reason, but if you damage the motherboard, i.e blob solder all over it, scrape traces, rip pads, bend the board, short circuit stuff....basically, if you dont know what your doing, you run the risk of causing irreparable damage to the board

3. its win32diskimager, and if your restore a nand backup to the nand , thats it, when you turn the console on it will be on that nand, no additional steps, just plug it in, choose nand backup and click write, wait 5 mins and your done, unbricked/downgraded

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Monsterjj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. nothing really, you will get a blue screen on 3ds but no drive will show up on the computer (well the drive letter may show up depending on the reader, but it will just be faded put and ask you to insert a disk to continue.....i.e the nand cannot be read)

2. nothing will just brick it for no reason, but if you damage the motherboard, i.e blob solder all over it, scrape traces, rip pads, bend the board, short circuit stuff....basically, if you dont know what your doing, you run the risk of causing irreparable damage to the board

3. its win32diskimager, and if your restore a nand backup to the nand , thats it, when you turn the console on it will be on that nand, no additional steps, just plug it in, choose nand backup and click write, wait 5 mins and your done, unbricked/downgraded
Thanks for answering this really helped a lot honestly :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, wut wut