Misc Has anyone attempted to abuse the Nintendo Zone streetpass relay?

Bushma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those having problems, I report that everything is working fine, with my DD-WRT.
Here is a mini-guide:
It's a second router in my Network.
My main router is IP 192.168.1.1
I connected this DD-WRT and configured it's IP as 192.168.1.99
The gateway needs to be the address of your main router, and local DNS too. (192.168.1.1)
Subnet mask is default, if your router IP is xxx.xxx.1.x it will be 255.255.255.0

Theeen, you set the _The Cloud with no security, and after everything is OK, you can change the MAC address very very easily just going to 192.168.1.99 in your browser and changing the MAC address in DD-WRT and you will see your Green Light blinking everytime :D

My Main Router's IP is 192.168.1.1
*ethernet cable running from port 1 to WAN on second router​
My Second Router DD-WRT has a WAN IP of 192.168.1.99 and an internal of 192.168.1.100 (should this be 192.168.2.1?)
* Gateway and DNS are set to 192.168.1.1​
EDIT:​
Ok, I found this link (http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Image:SetupBasic.png) from the DD-WRT site and I'm now able to connect to the net using the second router. Now let's see if I can get a streetpass.

Reactions: Duo8

aclearersky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works fine with my router using tomato as well. I know they are similar but I just thought id let everyone know I tried it and it worked fine

Jimbolicious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Made an interesting discovery with a Nintendo Zone in the wild.

Games are all stored separately in the relay and pass on a per game basis. If they're not passed during the pass they remain on the relay for the next person. They just don't disappear. Here's what happened and maybe explaining it will make sense...

I seeded a Nintendo Zone at a McDonald's the first day they were a available. Today, my mom streetpassed the relay and received a Mii Plaza streetpass from a guy named Ryno69 but an Animal Crossing streetpass from me. So that means no one has passed the relay with Animal Crossing since me, but the relay had been passed because the Mii Plaza data was different.

What does this teach us? Eh, not much, but being nerdy I find this interesting.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
anyone try sharing a swapnote through streetpass when doing this? I'm interested to find out if you can send them to whoever gets your pass this way.
Well, my 3DS is always sending out a Swapnote via Streetpass. I didn't get one yet tho, so I dunno if that's sent or not.

Ripepi

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok I set it up as _The Cloud and 40:53:50:4F:4F:46 as the MAC address but I haven't gotten a hit in the past 20 mins. I am able to connect to Nintendo Zone and everything. Do I just need to be patient or am I doing something wrong? I'm using an old Netgear router if that helps any

mattmc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those having problems, I report that everything is working fine, with my DD-WRT.
Here is a mini-guide:
It's a second router in my Network.
My main router is IP 192.168.1.1
I connected this DD-WRT and configured it's IP as 192.168.1.99
The gateway needs to be the address of your main router, and local DNS too. (192.168.1.1)
Subnet mask is default, if your router IP is xxx.xxx.1.x it will be 255.255.255.0

Theeen, you set the _The Cloud with no security, and after everything is OK, you can change the MAC address very very easily just going to 192.168.1.99 in your browser and changing the MAC address in DD-WRT and you will see your Green Light blinking everytime :D

I actually have my dd-wrt router set up with its own IP and everything. The question is, is this everything you did? Did you change the operating mode in the Advanced Routing tab? Did you turn off the dd-wrt router's DHCP? I presume the two routers are connected by a cable and not using a wireless repeater mode?

The setups I tried were the wireless repeater mode and a wired mode. The wired mode I might have given up on too quickly. Just trying to figure out if there might be any other settings that are different. I followed the guides on the dd-wrt wiki and ended up doing all sorts of things like disabling NAT and tons of other crap.

Edit: also, what firmware do you have on your dd-wrt? Model? :3 Sorry about all the questions. I don't understand routing terribly well, to be honest.

mattmc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes im having the same issue, it must be some limitation from nintedo

This isn't too much of a shock. Considering what Jimbo reported above, it's not surprising they'd make it possible to block certain titles. I can see why they wouldn't want to store anyone's ticking time bombs of nasty comments and childish drawings of dicks or whatever.

Reactions: signz

caitsith2

Trophies
a secret location 93 million miles from the sun
Website
www.caitsith2.com
XP
Country
Canada
Starting to think my 3DS won't do the streetpass relay I've gone to places where I know people have gone with their 3DS and nothing. I know it's updated starting to wonder what's going on ugh

Some APs require you to authenticate to them, ie, Agree to TOS, before they will allow any internet activity to happen at all. Just simply open up your 3DS, open up the web browser, and attempt to access google. If you get redirected, then it is making you do some sort of login, easiest one being just have to push a web form button, wait for its redirect and all that.

Once that is done, and you can confirm that you have full access, then close the lid, and let it get you the SP you deserve.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got back from work. Now which MAC address do you guys recommend for a lot of streetpass hits? I really wanna rack up on streetpasses and finish up my puzzle boards.

someonewhodied

Lazy Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use 45-55 (Hex) of the main series from here. You can only get 1 per mac each 8 hours right now.

Anyone got me? I'm Drac*ディン from California. (Blond hair, blue colour)

jhjsaat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I just got back from work. Now which MAC address do you guys recommend for a lot of streetpass hits? I really wanna rack up on streetpasses and finish up my puzzle boards.

Make sure to hit 34:08:04:BF:AC:8A and later circle tru the list here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvvH5W4E2lIwdEFCUkxrM085ZGp0UkZlenp6SkJablE#gid=0

The only way to get a lot of streetpass in a short time is use all the MACs on the list!!! you will have to wait 8 hours to hit the same mac address again :S

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
This isn't too much of a shock. Considering what Jimbo reported above, it's not surprising they'd make it possible to block certain titles. I can see why they wouldn't want to store anyone's ticking time bombs of nasty comments and childish drawings of dicks or whatever.
I don't think it matters because you had to be registered friends to streetpass anyway.

Alright, so I woke up today and lo and behold, I tag a user from Cali... but the name on it was Duo8. I'm using the Bestbuy SSID. Duo8, when was the last time you tagged on :46?
About 9pm last night (local time). Maybe ssid does matter because I use Bestbuy too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3