Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

Decorations

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been common knowledge for a while that Ninty can't determine CIA from Retail cart, version number do not matter so uninstalling the game to install the correct version number will make no difference what so ever. You were banned for pinging the server on an unreleased game, regardless of how you got it. Again, the version number has absolutely nothing to do with the reason, don't blame Lurantis. Blame yourselves for going online.
Lurantis is the homie it is the servers guys just don't go online unless you wanna get banned you been warned

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
It's been common knowledge for a while that Ninty can't determine CIA from Retail cart, version number do not matter so uninstalling the game to install the correct version number will make no difference what so ever. You were banned for pinging the server on an unreleased game, regardless of how you got it. Again, the version number has absolutely nothing to do with the reason, don't blame Lurantis. Blame yourselves for going online.

^ this.

If they were able to detect the differences (way before we even could download legit tickets),
Pirates would have been banned a long time ago.

Bans so far were:
Messing with Miiverse, such as uploading screenshots of different games
using public header or wrong private headers

edit:
browser isn't blocked, of all things.
I can also use FBI to preload Pokemon Moon on the banned 3DS, how funny.

TheCruel

Developer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vKbkCeH.png

Alucardio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok Guys, an update to my story.

So I went online just for a bit last night on Pokemon Moon, put a pokemon for trade and after I read the news this noon I quickly checked and logged normally on Nintendo ESHOP. I tried just now and am watching a smash bros match online with no problems and also logged to the ESHOP normally.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

your name fits the scenario so well

My personal prediction is that if you can't sign in on a computer, it's permanent. But I'm not a prophet. Don't take my word as fact.

Well I got the "initialize on device" message, but I may actually have never set my NNID stuff properly.
I'm surprised they didn't outright "your account doesn't exist" or "your account has been disabled"

Are we able to dig out such related things to people blocked on miiverse previously>?

Reactions: proflayton123

dradonhunter11

French o-MEGA modder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TO ANYONE WHO HAS NOT BEEN BANNED YET
IF YOU ARE NOT YET BANNED FROM NINTENDO SERVICES DELETE POKEMON SUN/MOON VERSION 0 UNTIL OFFICIAL RELEASE AND REINSTALL WITH A RELEASE VERSION 1.0 FROM THAT ISO SITE
Unbanned myself (eshop and online), I deleted everything related to pokemon sun and moon, deleted nnid from the console and changed serial (and mess up NAND couple time, but without bricking)

Astoria

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Was this already posted in this thread? Seems like the bans could be permanent.

I just got off the phone with Nintendo.

When I contacted them they stated that:
The two error codes are related.
and the quoted the following:
"As a result of a number of Nintendo 3DS users using unauthorized versions of several games, and connecting to the official game servers in violation of our terms of service, these users’ Nintendo 3DS systems that stored the unauthorized game code have been banned from Nintendo’s online network effective immediately."

They asked for my Friend Code and console serial number.

I told them that I just came home, loaded up Mario Kart 7 and attempted to play it online when I got this error. I then attempted to sign into Miiverse and got the other error. When they asked for recent purchases, I told them Hyrule Warriors Legends DLC back in the summer would be my most recent purchase.
When asked if I had the receipt for Mario Kart 7, I told them that I no longer have it as I bought that game at launch and have sense tossed out the receipt.

Here are some facts:
I have access the Friend Plaza but never used any of the online features. If I was prompted if I wanted to connect to the internet, I always canceled or backed out.
The CIAs of both Sun and Moon were the cartridge leaks from that ISO site.
The version number of both Sun and Moon is Version: 0
I have dumped Pokemon X, Y, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire from my own physical retail cartridges and the following version numbers are for those titles:
Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. Version Number:0 The Update data for X and Y was installed. I did connect to the internet with my dumped copy of Pokemon X in the past month.
Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire's version number is 3072
I did have my NFC/Wi-Fi enabled while playing Pokemon Moon, but never connected online in-game in Pokemon Moon.
Pokemon Sun and Moon, much like X,Y,OR, and AS disable online play until you connect online.

I have used the NTR Plugin to screen capture Pokemon Moon that required my system to be connected to the internet-This may have caused it, but the game never connected to the Nintendo Network. I doubt that this was the cause however, because when you send the memory patch to NTR it disables online and network play.
I had my Friends List set to never share what game I'm playing, but I did have it set to share my status. This may have flagged my system.
I do have a Nintendo Network ID associated with this system. (So I may be boned)

Over the phone I learned:
That they made have accidentally banned my system because they may have confused in my System's serial number with another system that has done something to get flagged. (Which makes me think the process is manual)
They asked for my Nintendo Network ID and 3DS Friend Code
They are escalating this to a higher person who is undergoing an investigation. If it was in error, I'll be contacted by e-mail. If they find something they'll contact me by phone.
These bans are permanent! These are not temp-bans. GG

If they do find something on the system and contact me by phone, I'm going to just deny everything, act offended, and state that I'll not buy the Switch.
If they want me to send the system to them, I'll refuse, and just accept the fact that my new3DS is perma-banned. They do not have a time frame on when they may contact me. It could be a couple of days, a month or longer.

Unless the new Firmware update is able to phone home to Nintendo and give a list of every single title installed on the system, I have no idea what I did to get banned.

I didn't do anything stupid like attempting to connect to the Sun and Moon's online service.

I have had my new3DS hacked sense September 2016 and have played Mario Kart 7 and Pokemon X online and have never been banned.

If the new system firmware phones home and informs Nintendo's servers what the system's serial is, and what installed titles are on the system, then that means if you have FBI, Homebrew, any out-of-region or other unobtainable software or software that wasn't purchased thru retail or eShop then YOU WILL GET BANNED!

F*CK YOU NINTENDO.

Sure, I can't be too mad at them. Their terms of service and User Agreements do state that any unauthorized software or modification will render your software of hardware unusable. It also states that detection of such unauthorized software/hardware will result on being banned from Nintendo Network.

iZallen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sure. But I have the 022, but I can sign in just fine on https://miiverse.nintendo.net

So that's why i'm thinking that people who can use the website will be unbanned

http://kotaku.com/players-who-pirated-pokemon-sun-and-moon-say-nintendo-i-1789039343

Cite: As a result of a number of Nintendo 3DS users using unauthorized versions of several games, and connecting to the official game servers in violation of our terms of service, these users’ Nintendo 3DS systems that stored the unauthorized game code have been banned from Nintendo’s online network effective immediately.

If we read Ninendo's repsonse here about it, it sounds like they did not ban our actual NNID's, but instead our consoles; which would explain why we could still access miiverse.

Reactions: proflayton123

Decorations

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Give me kiks or drops yours mine is whatwastrue and Skype I'm making right now add me up so we can chat and whatever making a group for us

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3