Hacking Have I borked my NNID?

Shadowfied

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright so I'm relatively new to EmuNAND and CFW stuff on the 3DS but here goes.

I originally transferred my old 3ds data to my new 3DS when both systems were unmodified. I downgraded my New 3DS today and all went well, I set up EmuNAND and my Gateway cart and all is working well. I'm beginning to understand how to use it and get into the routines (backing up NANDs etc) but I have some questions, specifically regarding the eShop and NNID.

So after I setup EmuNAND, I unlinked them by formating SysNAND (after removing the SD card (duh)) so everything I have is pretty much on EmuNAND. It carries everything I've ever done since my first 3DS back in 2011 (so it would be cool to actually continue keeping it) including my friend list and Nintendo ID since I set that up. Now obviously I can't enter the eShop normally because the EmuNAND is also on 9.2 (GW) and from my understanding, GW only supports up to 9.5 on N3DS, correct? Which is why I have not updated it, I also thought FW could be spoofed so that the eShop and NNID could be accessed and used regardless, but haven't really found any info on how. I've tried using HANS through *hax but it still tells me I need to update.

So, question 1: After formatting SysNAND, I was told that my ID can not be linked again, but has to be transferred. Does this mean it is no longer active on my EmuNAND, and therefore fucked?
2. What would you recommend me to do in regards to both NNID and eShop? Wait for GW to support latest FW, or is there actually a way for me to spoof my version?

All help and tips are greatly appreciated <3
Thanks

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Alright so I'm relatively new to EmuNAND and CFW stuff on the 3DS but here goes.

I originally transferred my old 3ds data to my new 3DS when both systems were unmodified. I downgraded my New 3DS today and all went well, I set up EmuNAND and my Gateway cart and all is working well. I'm beginning to understand how to use it and get into the routines (backing up NANDs etc) but I have some questions, specifically regarding the eShop and NNID.

So after I setup EmuNAND, I unlinked them by formating SysNAND (after removing the SD card (duh)) so everything I have is pretty much on EmuNAND. It carries everything I've ever done since my first 3DS back in 2011 (so it would be cool to actually continue keeping it) including my friend list and Nintendo ID since I set that up. Now obviously I can't enter the eShop normally because the EmuNAND is also on 9.2 (GW) and from my understanding, GW only supports up to 9.5 on N3DS, correct? Which is why I have not updated it, I also thought FW could be spoofed so that the eShop and NNID could be accessed and used regardless, but haven't really found any info on how. I've tried using HANS through *hax but it still tells me I need to update.

So, question 1: After formatting SysNAND, I was told that my ID can not be linked again, but has to be transferred. Does this mean it is no longer active on my EmuNAND, and therefore fucked?
2. What would you recommend me to do in regards to both NNID and eShop? Wait for GW to support latest FW, or is there actually a way for me to spoof my version?

All help and tips are greatly appreciated <3
Thanks
Try this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-access-nnid-and-eshop-on-9-5-0-23-emunand.407714/

Shadowfied

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Already did, installed both the CIAs, rebooted, went fine, then installed the patcher, used it then opened eShop, got an error code.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay, if your NNID is unlinked from any system, including itself (sysNAND) then you can relink NNID as I did this myself following this tutorial. If you are worried about hybrid firmware you can always downgrade CVer and NVer afterwards. This same method can be used to access eshop but I wasn't able to update games, hopefully someone more experienced can chime in with their results.
I'm uncertain about the NNID situation on my EmuNAND as when the eShop is loading, it tells me my NNID, which makes it seem like I'm linked, but I guess I'll try following that tutorial tomorrow. Can I just backup my EmuNAND then go to Gateway, format EmuNAND, link NNID, then inject my backed up EmuNAND again and should be good?

Last edited by Shadowfied,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...