Gaming Have you fallen into the infinite trap?

pristinemog

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not a problem for me. When I start a game, it's the ONLY game I play until I beat it (unless it's some sort of on-and-off minigame type thing for the DS or something). Basically, if it has a story, I can't play anything else until I finish that particular game.

knocturnal

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Eh, I have to say I have the same problem, but I have anther too. There are way to many games where I get to the last level/boss, and just stop playing >_>

I won't say I've ever done that to a large degree the only game I can think of ever doing that with is Pokemon Diamond (I've been on the last badge for months now and I haven't even tried to go to the last gym for some reason. The game just lost it hol dover me) and Phantom Dust for the xbox (i really screwed up before going to the last boss and didn't get a proper setup before going there and it's a 4 (maybe 3) tier final battle where each tier if you get screwed when certain powers show up (those of you who have the game know what I'm talking about) you might as well prepare for the worst. I got to the point of the boss being one hit away from death and still lost. That was about 2 years ago, probably longer.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
Gulty....

And I even own a PSP with firmware 3.40OE, an NGage, a GBA with EZ3 and I have access to IRC....

My life is full of predicaments.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I have a bunch of games unfinished, most of them aren't interesting enough for me to go back to to finish. I do finish many of the better games though. Most of my time on the DS, however, is spent playing Daigasso Band Brothers, OTO, OTO2, and EBA. I've "beat" OTO, OTO2 and EBA(finished final song on hardest difficultly), still getting S ranks on songs I don't have them on though. Haven't beat Pro mode on Band Brothers though, I'll do it one day I guess.

Most of the time playing OTO/OTO2/EBA, I don't finish the song I'm playing though.
tongue.gif
I don't finish the song until I feel I'm doing well enough for an S rank, otherwise I restart the song completely or stop playing. And hey, I really think that it improves my play!
smile.gif
Getting a bunch of S ranks on hidden circle timer mode on OTO2. Love that mode! Wish it was on EBA... maybe on EBA2(if they ever make one)?

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm also guilty of this, although lately I've been attempting to break the trend. I think I've commented on it in previous threads as well - now with a chipped Wii I have to suppress the urge again >_

sipoon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
It really depends on the type of game tho, If it is a story based game, and it is gripping enough i.e hotel dusk,contact,advanced wars then yeh ill be on it till its done, but arcadey platform ones are pretty disposable to me.

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though I have an R4, I can't bring myself to play any games on it. I have so many downloaded, but I'm a weird person that would rather buy a good game and beat it than download it and beat it. So, I just use it for media lol.

Harpuia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, when the new releases come, I'll probably play those all the way through, because those will be the only few games i'll be playing since the rest I couldn't hold on to long enough. Picross is awesome though
tongue.gif
Also Earthbound on SEmul

Torte

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Therein lies the problem with pira**. You no longer appreciate games because they are essentially a 'free' commodity. I must say, I do miss how the world once was with every game bought being a game that was treasured until the very end. Plus there are just way too many great games these days, and a lot of them are too damn long to attain that 100% figure. Beggars can't be choosers, but that wasn't THAT bad, was it?

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Surely when english zelda comes we will clock it
laugh.gif

until then the circle continues.

i think the problem is not just that we have too many games, but many ds games are the pick up and play whenever kind, not the engrossing stories of zelda and mario.

Ph1l0z0ph3r

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I feel you man.Only game i've beat is NSMB and Castlevania:PoR.Im currently playing though FF3, C:DoS,Puzzle Quest, Megaman ZX, Brothers in Arms,Zelda:A Link to the Past, and like five other titles.

Strag0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The "Infinite trap" is my life. I collect too many games that I "Want to play". I usually play about 5-10 minutes of them to "check them out" and after that they go on my list of games "I want to finish". Very rarely do I complete a game, and when I do I'm hardly satisfied.

I too miss the days where each game was treasured since they were the only ones you had. I remember when I played and nearly beat ALL of my games on the NES and SNES.

I own nearly ever system thats popular now, and with that too many games for them. I'm totally overwhelmed.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
maybe we should try an exile.
hide your games but just one copy of the game u want to play.
i did this and had just one game on my G6 but i felt like i'm working when playing that game since i was forced and didnt had much fun, maybe i was getting disciplined.
maybe i try that approach again and say like i connect my flashcart to my pc like when i finish this game or once in a week, so you have chance to continue your loop if you beat the game (which you deserve having another game) or after one week, and i'm like 95% sure that if you dont play that game ina WEEK so you wouldnt in a looong time.
if you agree, maybe we make a topic and share our experiences there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1