Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
So I just downloaded and installed MSYS2 on my windows 10 computer, and I'm trying to run $pacman -Syu to set it up, but then I get this error:
z5m6UDp.png

I have no clue why this happened, I've never used MSYS2 before and I'm using it so I can compile a version of Mario 64 with analog camera support. I think the main problem is where it says "Error: failed to commit transaction (cannot open package file)" or "Unrecognized archive format" but I have no idea to fix it.

Does anyone know what to do? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that hasn't worked so I'm pretty stumped.

Last edited by Seliph,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm so I entered in wget https://pkgbuild.com/~eschwartz/repo/x86_64-extracted/pacman-static and it says 2020-05-22 01:31:40 (2.14 MB/s) - ‘pacman-static.2’ saved [5160736/5160736], but when I enter in chmod +x pacman-static, nothing happens...
chmod doesn't have a verbose output. You can see if it worked with the "ls" command. It's the directory list command, and shows permissions for each file in a directory if you issue the -l or -a flag. Does MSYS2 come with manpages? If so, try running the command "man *whatever*". POSIX tools typically come with a manual that you can pull up with the "man" command. I recommend using it to familiarize yourself with anything you don't understand.

Last edited by Joom,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    denpafan @ denpafan: Good choice +1