Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
icecold said:
BBking83 said:
Wow. I haven't been here in ages.

But I'm wondering, how can this be installed on fresh 4.3x? Just SmashStack and IndyPwns? They were the only ways of launching HB, last I heard.

PAL: IndyPwns and Yu-gi-vah
NTSC-U: IndyPwns, SmashStack and Yu-gi-vah?
NTSC-J: Yu-gi-vah
NTSC-K:

On PAL, its not called Yu-Gi-Vah. That's the name of the unofficial NTSC-J port. And there is no NTSC-U port AFAIK.

QUOTE(FIX94 @ Aug 21 2010, 12:56 PM)
Yes. that's the temporary way for now.

"temporary"? What makes you think that there will be another exploit released? We currently have not one, not even two but THREE exploits for 4.3. There is absolutely NO need to release any more until Ninty patch a couple of those.

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
SifJar said:
"temporary"? What makes you think that there will be another exploit released? We currently have not one, not even two but THREE exploits for 4.3. There is absolutely NO need to release any more until Ninty patch a couple of those.
oh?
do tell me these system menu exploits.

NOTE : game exploits are -NOT- system menu exploits.

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lulwut said:
SifJar said:
oh?

NOTE: I am not an idiot, I know the difference between game and system menu exploits.

I never said system menu exploits, I said exploits. There are very few vectors in the system menu for exploiting, there is no point wasting another vector when there are already THREE working exploits for the current System Menu. It makes FAR more sense to save any possible exploits (note: possible, not definite) for a later System Menu, when Nintendo patch at one or two of the existing exploits.

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
SifJar said:
lulwut said:
SifJar said:
oh?

NOTE: I am not an idiot, I know the difference between game and system menu exploits.

I never said system menu exploits, I said exploits. There are very few vectors in the system menu for exploiting, there is no point wasting another vector when there are already THREE working exploits for the current System Menu. It makes FAR more sense to save any possible exploits (note: possible, not definite) for a later System Menu, when Nintendo patch at one or two of the existing exploits.
you said 4.3
that refers to system menu.
and now you just said it again "3 working exploits for the current system menu"
system menu is title/00000001/00000002, do tell me which these exploits are that will boot homebrew from within the system menu (cause this is what you said, exploits for the system menu)

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
lulwut said:
you said 4.3
system menu is title/00000001/00000002, do tell me which these exploits are that will boot homebrew from within the system menu (cause this is what you said, exploits for the system menu)

Yes he was basically saying exploits working under 4.3 system menu which means that system menu doesn't yet have code that prevents the use of said exploits...

Twilight hack was working under 3.4 system menu for example... that doesn't necessarily suggests twilight hack was exploiting system menu. On a homebrew free wii one doesn't have any other means to copy a hacked savefile to nand other than system menu. So it's pretty logical to tie availability of a savegame hack to a version of system menu.

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lulwut said:
you said 4.3

No. I said 4.3 which refers to a Wii System running the 4.3 System Software Update i.e. System Menu 4.3 and the latest set of IOS.
I said nothing to do with the exploits being in the System Menu.
How would you like to identify the updates with which each exploit works? "There is an exploit that works on...what?" The only thing to say is "4.3" or "the latest update". It does not in any way imply that the exploit is IN the System Menu.

EDIT: I notice you have a Japan flag under your name, perhaps English is not your first language and that was the cause of the misunderstanding? (Just a suggestion, please don't take any offence, if this is the case, your English seems pretty good)

Dogway

Trophies
XP
Country
127.0.0.1 x.hackmii.com

I did this, and also tried with my Wii IP, and didn't work. Well it worked for my laptop where now it looks those webpages are blocked, but HBC keeps poping the autoupdate notification.
Am I doing something wrong, what's exactly the web address I do need to block?

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dogway said:
127.0.0.1 x.hackmii.com

where are you adding that line? i don't know if the Wii itself has a "hosts" or "host.conf" file. adding that line to a desktop computer has no bearing on the wii. have you tried blocking the address from your (wireless) router?

Dogway

Trophies
XP
Country
I see. Yes, its my host file on the laptop. In my router there's an IP filtering option, is it it? Problem is I need to know their incoming IP. And well, more than blocking its like setting a general firewall and allowing, a bit of a pain.... :/ router is vodafone HG556a

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
Dogway said:
127.0.0.1 x.hackmii.com

I did this, and also tried with my Wii IP, and didn't work. Well it worked for my laptop where now it looks those webpages are blocked, but HBC keeps poping the autoupdate notification.
and why wouldn't you update...?

Skiller

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
a wile back i was reporting issues with my HDD and the new 1.0.8 version.. i dont know if this has been reported yet ..

My non working (On when booting HBC) works if i turn it on after iv waited a bit for the Wifi to stop blinking or if im not connected a few seconds .. if i turn it on when in HBC boot up it will not load right as well . so if ppl are having issues with hdd try the 30second rule
tongue.gif

Lexip;

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dogway said:
127.0.0.1 x.hackmii.com

lol fail. You blocked it on your computer not your wii.

Block it using your router

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello.

I currently have HBC 1.0.8 installed with IOS61 without any problems in a 4.2E. I installed IOS58 only after installing HBC.

Should I re-install HBC 1.0.8 for it to use IOS58 instead? Is there any special reason to do it? Except from using homebrew apps like WiiMC...

I also read some posts about getting HBC upside down when installing it and I would rather not risk having it...

Can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pplucky said:
Hello.

I currently have HBC 1.0.8 installed with IOS61 without any problems in a 4.2E. I installed IOS58 only after installing HBC.

Should I re-install HBC 1.0.8 for it to use IOS58 instead? Is there any special reason to do it? Except from using homebrew apps like WiiMC...

I also read some posts about getting HBC upside down when installing it and I would rather not risk having it...

Can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance.
Why did you bump this thread when all you had to do was search?
Yes, just run the hackmii installer again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...