Hardware Help- complete Wii newbie

mobro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I just purchased a pal Wii in Australia. Have 3 pal games with it, and about 20 bali games we just purchased. They are not playing. Is there anything I can do?

tredes

Trophies
XP
Country
Bali games are all NTSC, they are US copy's of the game. To get them to work you'll have to start out by modding your wii, as it's new you'll have to get a dc2key (which i have and works brilliantly!) or wasabi chip.

The dc2key has multi region enabled so you would beable to play them, but make sure you do not update with an update on those discs cos they may brick or semi brick your wii. I would suggest using freeloader before playing which would remove any risks. If you have updated with the latest games like MKWII or ssbb then you should be ok, I havnt had any problems with my bali games.

tredes

Trophies
XP
Country
Bob Evil said:
If they are original games, he does not have to chip the Wii ... he can just buy a PAL FreeLoader disc ...

bali games are usually always copys, there around 3 aussie dollars each, i dont think u can even buy originals in bali..ahahah

tredes

Trophies
XP
Country
myclock said:
yeah thats right. many aussies go to bali just to buy cheap media. ever since the ps1 days. any chance that bali games would be PAL though?

i dont think they are, the ones iv bought about 20 of them and they all are NTSC. I wasn't able to find any pal 1s. I have a d2ckey anyways and they all work fine, no worries.

mobro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I got the wii chipped as soon as I got it, how do I know what sort of chip I got? I didnt know to ask for something specific. And what is a Pal freeloader disc and where do you get one. About half of the discs come straight up with a screen which asks you to update, so we haven't gone any further with those discs, mostly the super mario and pokemon discs.
Thanks so much for your prompt replies- as I said I am a complete wii novice!!!!!!!!!

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mobro1 said:
I got the wii chipped as soon as I got it, how do I know what sort of chip I got? I didnt know to ask for something specific. And what is a Pal freeloader disc

Open your wii or ask the person who chiped your wii.

A PAL freeloader is a gamecube sized disc which lets you run JPN and NTSC Games on a PAL machine.

tredes

Trophies
XP
Country
what is the serial on your wii???? you should find it on the bottom of your wii somewhere..I dont know the exact numbers but the wiikey is only used in older model wiis, were as the d2ckey and d2pro are used in the later models.

the wiikey is upgradable anyway so you can set it to be region free.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious +1