gazte11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi!

Can someone help me with custom titles? I have installed wiiflow 5.4.6. For example I want to edit this one.

[464E491F] NEOGEOMODmslug=Metal Slug (Magic number of this is it right?)

I put it like this but it doesn't custom the tittle when I reload the cache.

It happens the same with Arcade games.

[6d616d41] MAMEbbmanw=Bomber Man World

Thanks!!

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!

Can someone help me with custom titles? I have installed wiiflow 5.4.6. For example I want to edit this one.

[464E491F] NEOGEOMODmslug=Metal Slug (Magic number of this is it right?)

I put it like this but it doesn't custom the tittle when I reload the cache.

It happens the same with Arcade games.

[6d616d41] MAMEbbmanw=Bomber Man World

Thanks!!
In main settings theres a setting for use plugin database titles. Set it to no or off and reload cache.

Also is MAMEbbmanw the title of your rom? Or is it bbmanw? Make sure it is the rom filename.

Reactions: AlexM80

gazte11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I can see CPS1 and CPS2 custom titles but not NEO GEO MOD and MAME. I set off plugin database titles and reload cache. I upload the custom_tittles if you wanna see. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• custom_titles.txt
    506 bytes · Views: 123

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Your custom_titles is completely messed up:
[43505331]

3wonders=Tres Maravillas[43505332]

1944=1944 El Bucle Maestro
[464E491F] mslug=Metal Slugmslug2=Metal Slug 2mslug3=Metal Slug 3mslug4=Metal Slug 4mslug5=Metal Slug 5mslugx=Metal Slug Xkof94=King Of Fighters 94kof95=King Of Fighters 95kof96=King Of Fighters 96kof97=King Of Fighters 97kof98=King Of Fighters 98kof99=King Of Fighters 99kof2000=King Of Fighters 2000kof2001=King Of Fighters 2001kof2002=King Of Fighters 2002kof2003=King Of Fighters 2003
[6d616d41
] bbmanw=Bomber Man World
it should be:
Code:
[43505331]
[464E491F]
mslug=Metal Slug
mslug2=Metal Slug 2
mslug3=Metal Slug 3
mslug4=Metal Slug 4
mslug5=Metal Slug 5
mslugx=Metal Slug X
kof94=King Of Fighters 94
kof95=King Of Fighters 95
kof96=King Of Fighters 96
kof97=King Of Fighters 97
kof98=King Of Fighters 98
kof99=King Of Fighters 99
kof2000=King Of Fighters 2000
kof2001=King Of Fighters 2001
kof2002=King Of Fighters 2002
kof2003=King Of Fighters 2003
[6d616d41]
bbmanw=Bomber Man World
Also remember that the first line of the .ini must be blank

AlexM80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Your custom_titles is completely messed up:

it should be:
Code:
[43505331]
[464E491F]
mslug=Metal Slug
mslug2=Metal Slug 2
mslug3=Metal Slug 3
mslug4=Metal Slug 4
mslug5=Metal Slug 5
mslugx=Metal Slug X
kof94=King Of Fighters 94
kof95=King Of Fighters 95
kof96=King Of Fighters 96
kof97=King Of Fighters 97
kof98=King Of Fighters 98
kof99=King Of Fighters 99
kof2000=King Of Fighters 2000
kof2001=King Of Fighters 2001
kof2002=King Of Fighters 2002
kof2003=King Of Fighters 2003
[6d616d41]
bbmanw=Bomber Man World
Also remember that the first line of the .ini must be blank
Hello Tetsuo Shima, hello fledge68. Greetings to the whole community. I am not good at writing here, because it is an old post.
I'm trying to generate custom titles for some ScummVM games. I have been able to do it with other systems without problem, but I don't know how to do it with ScummVM. I understand that I could modify the names from the database, but I would prefer to be able to do it from custom tites, because that is much easier. I appreciate any reference you can give me, and sorry for my bad English. Greetings

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Scummvm works in its own way. This is what I do to change game titles:
Open wiiflow/plugins/scummvm/scummvm.ini
Scroll down until you see your installed games.
For each game write the title you want in the "description=" line

The same thing can be achieved in another way:
Open a scummvm game from wiiflow
Press home and choose to return to the games list.
Select a game and then click on "edit game"
Change the title

AlexM80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Scummvm works in its own way. This is what I do to change game titles:
Open wiiflow/plugins/scummvm/scummvm.ini
Scroll down until you see your installed games.
For each game write the title you want in the "description=" line

The same thing can be achieved in another way:
Open a scummvm game from wiiflow
Press home and choose to return to the games list.
Select a game and then click on "edit game"
Change the title
Oh! Thank you very much for the prompt response. I was afraid that you would give me that answer. I had not done it that way, because I have already renamed the games according to the database, so that the snapshots are shown in each one. Either way, I'm very grateful to have ScummVM on my Wii. And, In any case, your answer helps me a lot, to decide according to the options.
Since I am here, I would like to take the opportunity to clear up another doubt, if it is not a bother. I apologize if this has already been asked elsewhere on the forum. I have searched and I haven´t found the reference. I'm having a problem with the ScummVM plugin, with wiiflow 5.5.3. and with the test version of 5.5.4.
The ScummVM.ini file is located in the same path that you just indicated (wiiflow/plugins/scummvm/scummvm.ini)
and the lines of the plugin read like this:

[PLUGIN]
arguments={path}
bannersound=ZZ--Sounds/ScummVM.ogg
consolecoverid=ScummVM
covercolor=000000
coverfolder=ScummVM
displayname=ScummVM
dolfile=scummvm/boot.elf
filetypes=
magic=5343564D
romdir=scummvm.ini
rompartition=-1

However, I only get it to work with 5.4.9...But with both 5.5.3 and 5.5.4 (test) I get the legend "no games found in sd:/scummvm.ini"
Can that be fixed somehow or should I just use 5.4.9 with ScummVM?

Thank you very much in advance for your attention.

Last edited by AlexM80,

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I only get it to work with 5.4.9...But with both 5.5.3 and 5.5.4 (test) I get the legend "no games found in sd:/scummvm.ini"
I use 5.5.4 test and Scummvm is regularly working. It wasn't working with a previous WF version, but the issue was fixed by @fledge68 so it should work for you too.
Did you by chance accidentally overwrote the scummvm.ini file with a blank one? It happened to me more than once, after I updated the scummvm plugin, because the update includes a blank .ini file and I always forget to skip that file.
So maybe the no games advice could be real, try to check.

AlexM80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I use 5.5.4 test and Scummvm is regularly working. It wasn't working with a previous WF version, but the issue was fixed by @fledge68 so it should work for you too.
Did you by chance accidentally overwrote the scummvm.ini file with a blank one? It happened to me more than once, after I updated the scummvm plugin, because the update includes a blank .ini file and I always forget to skip that file.
So maybe the no games advice could be real, try to check.
Thank you very much for your reply. I value it a lot. Just like I love with all my heart the work of fledge68 and everything that has been achieved in this beautiful community. I have verified that the scummvm.ini file has not been replaced. In fact, when I go back to 5.4.9, all my games reappear after the cache is automatically reloaded. Maybe I am not using the correct version of 5.5.4. It is the "test build 2" Is it the correct one? Or maybe I'm doing something wrong when switching versions. I just replace the boot.dol file. When checking from wiiflow, the version change does take effect, but maybe I need to change some other file and that could cause the problem. Will it be possible? Thank you very much in advance for your answers.

Last edited by AlexM80,

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you very much for your reply. I value it a lot. Just like I love with all my heart the work of fledge68 and everything that has been achieved in this beautiful community. I have verified that the scummvm.ini file has not been replaced. In fact, when I go back to 5.4.9, all my games reappear after the cache is automatically reloaded. Maybe I am not using the correct version of 5.5.4. It is the "test build 2" Is it the correct one? Or maybe I'm doing something wrong when switching versions. I just replace the boot.dol file. When checking from wiiflow, the version change does take effect, but maybe I need to change some other file and that could cause the problem. Will it be possible? Thank you very much in advance for your answers.
I'm not sure, my version just says '5.5.4 test build'. Maybe you should try a clean install of 5.5.3, then replace the .dol with the test build. If it won't work it's better to ask for help in the Wiiflow Lite thread

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...