Hacking [Help] Gateway 3ds emunand updating. The difference between Firmware GW 3.7.2-BETA and GATEWAY 4.2 B

keubibo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using Old 3DS (sysnand 4.5, emunand 11.0). Could i update my 3DS emunand to 11.2 (newest fw) with launcher Firmware GW 3.7.2-BETA ?

Another question, what is the main difference between Firmware GW 3.7.2-BETA and GATEWAY 4.2 BETA? (i'm using 3.x.x beta and haven't used any 4.x version that i saw in gateway website few days ago ~_~)
Thank you so much !

keubibo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i always used the 4.2 dunno the difference
and yes you can update emunand
:D thank you dude, i have just updated my 3DS emunand to 11.2-35E, everything is working perfectly. One more thing, i recognized that 4.2 is the number of the Launcher version and 3.7.2 is the number of Gateway Filmware version (including Launcher, blue card or some other function etc.)

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Why are you using Gateway? If you're on 4.5 sysnad you could easily install A9LH+Luma3DS, and you can use Gateway with that once you're on latest firmware very easily if you still wanted to for whatever reason.

Reactions: keubibo

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you using Gateway? If you're on 4.5 sysnad you could easily install A9LH+Luma3DS, and you can use Gateway with that once you're on latest firmware very easily if you still wanted to for whatever reason.
Some people find it unnecessary to make the switch. I personally wouldn't know why, but I don't exactly care, either.

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP, if you install a9lh and luma you can install games to the home menu and you don't have to worry about public headers to go online anymore. Additionally you can ditch emunand and free up some space on your sd card.

3ds.guide

You can still use gateway, and you can even boot right into it by just holding down on the dpad at boot. There are a lot of advantages, and it's almost brick proof.

You may want to consider it.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Some people find it unnecessary to make the switch. I personally wouldn't know why, but I don't exactly care, either.

Yeah but there's a chance they don't know any better. I was using Gateway myself just a month ago not knowing anything about the possibilites of CFW. I am glad someone literally told me in one of my Gateway threads to get rid of Gateway and look into A9LH instead.

I know why some use Gateway; Something to do with the extensive ability to use cheats .. or something. So there is that, but since you can run Gateway on A9LH+Luma very easily anyway you might as well make the switch.

Last edited by Distrance,

keubibo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahh, thanks to all your advices :yay: Honestly i'm the one that doesn't know anything about CFW instead of Gateway 3DS (Red and Blue). It has been a long time since the last time i updated information about 3DS hacking :yay3ds: actually i don't know anything about A9LH+Luma, its defination, function, setup methodology etc. xD That is the main reason why i'm still using 3DS Gateway red card with emunand. If i need a switch, i really don't know from where i could start :rofl:

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm using Old 3DS (sysnand 4.5, emunand 11.0). Could i update my 3DS emunand to 11.2 (newest fw) with launcher Firmware GW 3.7.2-BETA ?

Another question, what is the main difference between Firmware GW 3.7.2-BETA and GATEWAY 4.2 BETA? (i'm using 3.x.x beta and haven't used any 4.x version that i saw in gateway website few days ago ~_~)
Thank you so much !
3.7.2 and 4.2 Launcher.dat are identical (it even says so somewhere on their website, the only difference in 4.2 is "Fast Boot" which you should never use, it's just a less safe A9LH that locks you to using Gateway only)
Ahh, thanks to all your advices :yay: Honestly i'm the one that doesn't know anything about CFW instead of Gateway 3DS (Red and Blue). It has been a long time since the last time i updated information about 3DS hacking :yay3ds: actually i don't know anything about A9LH+Luma, its defination, function, setup methodology etc. xD That is the main reason why i'm still using 3DS Gateway red card with emunand. If i need a switch, i really don't know from where i could start :rofl:
Follow http://3ds.guide/ then follow https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

keubibo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
3.7.2 and 4.2 Launcher.dat are identical (it even says so somewhere on their website, the only difference in 4.2 is "Fast Boot" which you should never use, it's just a less safe A9LH that locks you to using Gateway only)

Follow http://3ds.guide/ then follow https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/

Oh thanks a bunch :shy: ! I will take some time to learn it before making a decision :yay3ds:. "less safe" really is a problem. It seems that i'm the most loyal gateway user in here :rofl2: I'm a fogy old man :rofl:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Damn internets dragging like a dogs ass +1