FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You want help with this?
What is your course calling standard temperature and pressure? Assuming it is 21.5C (it varies between courses/countries/labs but that is well within the range I tend to see) and that kpa which is about 1atm then we do not have to play with ideal gas equations, if we do have to play with ideal gas equations (protip would be to say I was learning about ideal gases and this is the question rather than hoping someone infers it) then I will need to know what they are calling standard temperature and pressure for you, actually I do not as I do not give full answers to homework but you will need to know it to work it out. I can help you convert between milligrams and grams/kilograms or cm3 (centimetres are for schoolboys and all that) but other that that density is mass divided by volume and mg/cm^3 seems reasonable for units here.
Unless this is just a case of you not being used to being given "redundant" data I am really not seeing the issue.

If that pressure and temperature is not stp for you then time to change units

pV = nRT
or
Pressure x volume = no of moles x gas constant x temperature

You know a setup there so you can rearrange to give you the no of moles here.
That would be (pV)/(RT)=n. Though do remember to convert to Pa (multiply by 1000), metres cubed, use the right gas constant for your units (8.31441 J K^-1 mol^-1), use Kelvin (check to make sure you are not required to use more accuracy but add 273 is usually what people go with, though if stp has 0C as the temperature or you get a negative answer you will hopefully realise that in a hurrry) and convert to grams (multiply by 1000).

Once you have n then you can figure out the volume for stp as it is V=(nRT)/p and then it is the standard density calculation.

Reactions: chaosrunner

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, on that android PC?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd consider Chromebooks an Android PC.
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, new Doctor Who is on tomorrow... Hopefully this season is better than the last.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, never watched doctor who
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well guys, i went to the library today
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What did you learn?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    since my sister said manga was a good gateway into anime, i decided to get a manga, i was going to get one punch man, but volume 1 wasn't there
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Well, what about Dr. What? Don't leave him out. @BigOnYa
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and so i got mashle instead, which is actually quite good
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    GUYS YOU CAN LAUNCH HEALTH AND SAFETY INFO IN AROMA NOW
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan,i only watched anime
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for anyone wondering what that is, basically, it's about the one person in the world without magic, instead he's just dummy strong
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Dr. What and Dr. Where got lost together somewhere in time, Dr. When is looking for them
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    What about Dr. How?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    OR DR. WHY?
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    @Xdqwerty sorry i get excited when i get to see what type of laser the wii u uses
    They ALL went to Nurse Why's house
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: SCPs started from some Dr. Who fanfic or smth on 4chan
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Dr How and Why, will be in the prequel
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, or dr when
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    dr what
    +1
    ooohhh the steamy scene with Nurse Why. omg :blush:
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty is Dr. Wut
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey gets mad and tells me its a bad habit to bite your nails, even though I told her I washed my feet first.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: My wifey gets mad and tells me its a bad habit to bite your nails, even though I told her I...