ROM Hack Help!!! i accidentally use tiny format, now all my games are gone

gbatemplloyd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Help!!! i accidentally use tiny format, now all my games are gone....
last night i update my firmware to latest and updated also my b9s,after successfully updated my console i saw a gift item in my home screen and it was a tiny format and i was stupid to use it and now all my games are gone but if i put my sd into pc my sd (128gb) is not empty and i think all my games are still on my sd... how can i undo the process........ thanks

gbatemplloyd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Restoring a NAND backup from before the tinyformat might fix your problem.
can guide me on how to do the backup..... im totally noob about this thing, because i put a lot of games inside a 128gb micro sd and 1.5gb free space...... im so desperate to have it all back

VzUh

you are now reading my custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It won't help, since the folder on SD is now different, the folder with all your stuff in it won't be recognized since the encryption keys changed when you formatted.
Sadly there's not much you can do without a NAND backup from before the format.
no loading the backup dont work
is there a way to load all my game back
But he already restored a NAND backup?
maybe only the tickets of the recently installed titles are missing after that

OP, to install them you need to put the .cia files on the sd card and then install they with FBI

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'm afraid to say but your games are bye bye. Tinyformat is just that, a formatter. It just skips formatting the SDCard. But, in the best of worlds, your games are installed on the SDCard, and if so. Tikdevil might help you as posted before. Else you're SOL.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But he already restored a NAND backup?
maybe only the tickets of the recently installed titles are missing after that

OP, to install them you need to put the .cia files on the sd card and then install they with FBI
The titles are already on his SD card. TinyFormat doesn't touch the SD card. That is why it was recommended to use TikDevil and then TikSweep. It should work just fine since OP already restored from a NAND backup. The previous user already gave direct links to them. Run them.

gbatemplloyd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It won't help, since the folder on SD is now different, the folder with all your stuff in it won't be recognized since the encryption keys changed when you formatted.
Sadly there's not much you can do without a NAND backup from before the format.
I'm afraid to say but your games are bye bye. Tinyformat is just that, a formatter. It just skips formatting the SDCard. But, in the best of worlds, your games are installed on the SDCard, and if so. Tikdevil might help you as posted before. Else you're SOL.
Where to get tikdevil

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
A regular system format only +1's a single byte in the movable.sed keyy (the 9th from the left - file offset 0x118). You could subtract that byte in the movable.sed and the system will have its old movable.sed back and maybe old titles will boot again. Not sure how you would restore old tickets but you may at least be able to recover saves.

After you change that byte you also need to change offset 0x5 -> 00 or the 3ds will kernel panic on boot.

Last edited by zoogie,
Reactions: VzUh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk