Hacking [HELP] I somehow corrupted the Firmware for NDS games?

Louis Miles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So i got a new r4i RTS for 3DS, and all worked perfectly fine on my New 3DS XL with 11.0.0-33. But then i made a big mistake:
I wanted to try download play out. Since the normal Firmware from the DS doesn't allow hached roms to download, i have to use an modified version of the Firmware, that is here: http://nsmbhd.net/thread/1283-how-to-get-mvsl-hacks-to-work-multicart-and-download-play-tutorial/
On the normal DS, it works fine, but then on the New 3DS, it started with "system files lost" or something and leads me into touch screen calibration and date setting, like you started a brandnew DS. But now the problem:
It seems to corrupt the Firmware for NDS games that is IN THE 3DS. When i start now a normal DS game, the touch screen doesn't work anymore, and it's everytime in english (it should be in german). In some case, the touch screen works, like in Mario Kart DS, when switching the bottom screen map, but that's all. Also the 3DS sometimes crashes in a hard way (it goes
immediately off, as if the fuse were blown) when starting a DS game.

Is there any way to rescue the normal FW to get my DS games on my 3DS working again?

Thanks in advantage :)

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Go to System Settings on 3DS and from there proceed to DS settings (don't exactly remember where it is right now), it SHOULD fix it.
But just one thing for the future - never, NEVER run anything that modifies DS system files on 3DS, it's asking for a brick. Same is on Wii U, using Wii cIOS on vWii will brick it, there are some hardware-related differences.

Louis Miles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Alright. There is only the option "NDS-Usersettings" that only allows me to change a comment and my collour. But it unfortunately doesn't fixes it. Or is there another DS setting?

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Alright. There is only the option "NDS-Usersettings" that only allows me to change a comment and my collour. But it unfortunately doesn't fixes it. Or is there another DS setting?
Dang. No, there isn't another one. So now a question, do you have a CFW, or is this a clean 3DS?

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I only have the Homebrew Launcher :/
Unless someone else knows something you could do (System Format is about the only thing that comes to mind, but it will delete all eShop games on your console and I don't think it would help anyway), I think you are boned. About the only thing you can do right now is send the console to Nintendo for repairs, or mod the 3DS to have CFW and basically reinstall the TWL_NAND (entire DS mode basically). Maybe you could install it through homebrew launcher as well, running slowhax and then FBI to install the CIA (as firmware files downloaded from CDN are legit CIAs), but someone who has better knowledge of slowhax would have to help you with that.

Last edited by PewnyPL,

Louis Miles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Unless someone else knows something you could do (System Format is about the only thing that comes to mind, but it will delete all eShop games on your console and I don't think it would help anyway), I think you are boned. About the only thing you can do right now is send the console to Nintendo for repairs, or mod the 3DS to have CFW and basically reinstall the TWL_NAND (entire DS mode basically). Maybe you could install it through homebrew launcher as well, running slowhax and then FBI to install the CIA (as firmware files downloaded from CDN are legit CIAs), but someone who has better knowledge of slowhax would have to help you with that.
Alright, thanks! Good to know, that slowhax allows to get FBI to install legit CIAs :), i hope, it can fix it!
https://gbatemp.net/threads/help-how-to-reinstall-twl_firm.454930/

Last edited by Louis Miles,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, and the 12 inches pianist?