Gaming Help me decide on a case!!

DarkMario616

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.play-asia.com/Body_Cover_3DS_ye...en-70-42ct.html

Pros: It covers the body and will resist it from scratches, plus it's one of my favorite colors and I grew a liking to it.
Cons: Doesn't seem to cover hinges or carry games. Same price as the portfolio.

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-3DS-Pull-Go...2506&sr=8-4

Pros: It's small and carries games and looks real nice.
Cons: It's not a cover when I'm playing the game, more of a storage case.

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-3DS-Luxury-...506&sr=8-14

Pros: It's a leather cover case. I like these cases because even if it falls, the leather will protect it. Also cheap.
Cons: I don't think it's as pretty as the yellow one. Seems bland but intuitive at the same time.

Which one should I get GBATemp? I can't seem to decide.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo 3DS Luxury Leather Case.

You do not have to play your 3DS in a case right?

You could get the yellow one (it also have red and pick) in see if it fits in the luxury leather case.
tongue.gif

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
go for the leather, I know somebody who has a similar style case for his DSL and it's pretty slick.

I mean unless you have really slippery fingers what are the odds of dropping it whilst playing?

DarkMario616

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not about dropping it while playing, I just like having a protective case on the DS or else it will (probably) feel naked to me.

I had the DS nerf armor (awesome stuff) and on my DSL I currently have a transparent cover.

Everyone so far said leather lol,
tongue.gif

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
well, the first one is completely different to the others. It is more of a shell, whereas the others are more 'carry case'-like.
Out of the bottom two I prefer the leather, it looks nicer, is smaller, and provides better protection against drops but has a few real flaws:
> By the looks of it the DS just 'sits' in there and will fall out if you open the clip, and possibly even fall out the sides even when it's done up.
> The games look like they'll fall out very easily, i can imagine (after some wear) they'll fall out the slots then slip out the sides.
> It only carries 3 games (though this won't be a problem in a few months time if ya no what i mean
tongue.gif
)

So you need to decide when/where you will use it and how easily things may be lost depending where you keep it. If you do go for the leather one I would do as the above poster said and use it in conjunction with the yellow case. This will prevent it's 'nakedness' (if that's what you want to call it) and also provide extra protection for when it falls out of the leather case after you open it upside-down.

DarkMario616

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol your last bullet is what I was thinking about too, so I was like eh maybe I don't need 26 slots like the portfolio haha.

I never bring my stuff outside of my house, it is very unlikely. I just usually play it at home.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Wizzerzak said:
well, the first one is completely different to the others. It is more of a shell, whereas the others are more 'carry case'-like.
Out of the bottom two I prefer the leather, it looks nicer, is smaller, and provides better protection against drops but has a few real flaws:
> By the looks of it the DS just 'sits' in there and will fall out if you open the clip, and possibly even fall out the sides even when it's done up.
> The games look like they'll fall out very easily, i can imagine (after some wear) they'll fall out the slots then slip out the sides.
> It only carries 3 games (though this won't be a problem in a few months time if ya no what i mean
tongue.gif
)

So you need to decide when/where you will use it and how easily things may be lost depending where you keep it. If you do go for the leather one I would do as the above poster said and use it in conjunction with the yellow case. This will prevent it's 'nakedness' (if that's what you want to call it) and also provide extra protection for when it falls out of the leather case after you open it upside-down.

Four games. One in the 3DS, 3 in the case. Unless you're totally ADD 4 games is usually enough for when you're out and about. Timeless puzzle game, current RPG flavour of the month, maybe some action game and a shooter. Bases covered.

DarkMario616

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I think I'm dismissing the port folio, or at least for now. It's between the 'plastic cover' and the 'leather case'.

I just hate how the leather case doesn't have little elastic bands on the sides to prevent it from sliding out.

I'm surprised there's no nerf armor yet...I'd like to get that but I want to have something at launch.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
DarkMario616 said:
Lol your last bullet is what I was thinking about too, so I was like eh maybe I don't need 26 slots like the portfolio haha.

I never bring my stuff outside of my house, it is very unlikely. I just usually play it at home.

also, another advantage for leather one:
> It is easier to get out of case so you can charge it on the charging stand.

You might also want to look at how reliable the maker is of that yellow shell. I'm not sure how it connects yet but if they haven't left room for some sort of connection for the charging stand then that's quite a big problem.

Law said:
QUOTE(Wizzerzak @ Feb 23 2011, 11:51 PM) well, the first one is completely different to the others. It is more of a shell, whereas the others are more 'carry case'-like.
tongue.gif
)

Four games. One in the 3DS, 3 in the case. Unless you're totally ADD 4 games is usually enough for when you're out and about. Timeless puzzle game, current RPG flavour of the month, maybe some action game and a shooter. Bases covered.

meh, 3, 4, same thing...

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
DarkMario616 said:
So I think I'm dismissing the port folio, or at least for now. It's between the 'plastic cover' and the 'leather case'.

I just hate how the leather case doesn't have little elastic bands on the sides to prevent it from sliding out.

I'm surprised there's no nerf armor yet...I'd like to get that but I want to have something at launch.

yes especially since you won't be going anywhere much with it.

DarkMario616

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow, I forgot about the charging stand...well I also know you can just unplug the plug from the charger and charge it directly but still...

Ah god damn lol, I hate choosing
tongue.gif

Kinda leaning towards leather because it's more versatile but the fact is I like the yellow color...but is color really worth 6 more bucks when it can't be plugged into the station?

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Teal?
You mean Blue?

Go for the blue one if you like blue.
The black leather one looks good and handy though.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, as soon as I saw that Luxury Leather case... Get that one. Supah sexy, and looks like a nice wallet.

I'm gonna pre-order it too; Thanks for showing me!

tlyee61

le dancing Tyranitar~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkMario616 said:

in this case get the yellow unless u have wood floors or play in a seat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Zynthrodak @ Zynthrodak: Well, when i launch a game my wiimote unsyncs and doesnt want to connect again