Hardware HELP ME PLEASE!!! PS vita wont turn on

Bijou10794

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritius
Hello everyone im fed up with my ps vita oled version. I bought it with a friend but it wont power at all only a solid orange light showed when plugged in charger. My friend told me that the console was sleeping for about 2yrs and it could need a new battery to boot correctly. So i bought a new battery still same problem. i brought it to my local shop for repairs they said to me that motherboard need to be change. So i bought a new one from aliexpress ive changed the motherboard but in vain it still has this problem orange solid led and when pressing power button no response ive also tried the button combination but nothing plz guys help me.

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could it be the power button itself maybe? Same thing happened to my 2k vita but it randomly started working again after I discharged by holding power button with no battery in and also taking it apart and cleaning all ribbon connectors with alcohol.

Edit: sorry for the multiple posts tapatalk is glitching, how do i delete the multiple posts?

Last edited by kaymynd,

Bijou10794

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritius
If you changed the mobo out already, maybe you missed something.
but how can it have the same symptoms as the bad MB?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Could it be the power button itself maybe? Same thing happened to my 2k vita but it randomly started working again after I discharged by holding power button with no battery in and also taking it apart and cleaning all ribbon connectors with alcohol.
ok will try cleaning with acohol thx will let you know

Bijou10794

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritius
Maybe it's the charger then?
maybe i dont know i dont have the original charger only the cable which i plugged with my note8 charger when plugged it shows a solid orange light nothing else. ive even plugged into my laptop and ps4 too still same.ive already bought the original charger on aliexpress its not arrive yet.

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe i dont know i dont have the original charger only the cable which i plugged with my note8 charger when plugged it shows a solid orange light nothing else. ive even plugged into my laptop and ps4 too still same.ive already bought the original charger on aliexpress its not arrive yet.
Ahh in that case it might be the charger that's the issue, the one you are using might not be powerful enough to charge it or it is going to take a while charging with orange light to turn on, if you press power button and orange light blinks you just need to leave it charging for a while the battery is too drained to power on.

Bijou10794

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritius
ir
Ahh in that case it might be the charger that's the issue, the one you are using might not be powerful enough to charge it or it is going to take a while charging with orange light to turn on, if you press power button and orange light blinks you just need to leave it charging for a while the battery is too drained to power on.
its a samsung fast charger before ive even let it plugged a night sometime the orange light turn off by itself but when press power button nothing happens it doesnt even get into safe mode.

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ir

its a samsung fast charger before ive even let it plugged a night sometime the orange light turn off by itself but when press power button nothing happens it doesnt even get into safe mode.

Ok in that case nvm leaving it overnight with any charger should work. Only thing left to rule out is possibly a ribbon cable or maybe one of the analog stick mobos, not the main one, one of the two smaller ones, test by disconnecting them one at a time and trying to power on with them disconnected. or I've even heard of it possibly being the glue under the L&R trigger buttons. Idk what ended up fixing mine but i tried them all out.

Bijou10794

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritius
Ok in that case nvm leaving it overnight with any charger should work. Only thing left to rule out is possibly a ribbon cable or maybe one of the analog stick mobos, not the main one, one of the two smaller ones, test by disconnecting them one at a time and trying to power on with them disconnected. or I've even heard of it possibly being the glue under the L&R trigger buttons. Idk what ended up fixing mine but i tried them all out.
Bro you put a big smile on my face you are the best fucking love you first time ever my ps vita booted up :D so ive done what u said i disconect the D pad and bam it turns on. so now can the dpad board be fixed or should i buy another one ?

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bro you put a big smile on my face you are the best fucking love you first time ever my ps vita booted up :D so ive done what u said i disconect the D pad and bam it turns on. so now can the dpad board be fixed or should i buy another one ?
Very nice! Glad i could help! If you have experience you can try looking at the board for any shorts with a multimeter, and attempt to fix it yourself, if you don't have any experience with finding shorts and fixing them i recommend buying a new one and just replacing it. Also try to clean the ribbon cable and connecter on the board with alcohol and let it dry maybe that will get it working also check the other side of the board where the buttons are to see if it needs any cleaning there as well. Basically clean the heck out of it and if it still doesn't work yu ou can either attempt to fix it ypurself or just replace the board.

Bijou10794

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritius
Very nice! Glad i could help! If you have experience you can try looking at the board for any shorts with a multimeter, and attempt to fix it yourself, if you don't have any experience with finding shorts and fixing them i recommend buying a new one and just replacing it. Also try to clean the ribbon cable and connecter on the board with alcohol and let it dry maybe that will get it working also check the other side of the board where the buttons are to see if it needs any cleaning there as well. Basically clean the heck out of it and if it still doesn't work yu ou can either attempt to fix it ypurself or just replace the board.
thx bro i will try with the cleaning and that part of board is cheap on aliexpress will see that its been about 6months that i was trying to power on that vita best forum ever ❤ i have another question the board that i bought came with software version 2.61 is it good for jailbreak or must update to 3.6?

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thx bro i will try with the cleaning and that part of board is cheap on aliexpress will see that its been about 6months that i was trying to power on that vita best forum ever [emoji173] i have another question the board that i bought came with software version 2.61 is it good for jailbreak or must update to 3.6?

For sure no worries! Glad you got it working! You can jailbreak but it's limited to psp emulator only, i recommend you update to 3.60 or 3.65, those are the golden firmwares right now since they can use enso app to make cfw permanent and not needing to reapply every time you boot up.

shizi

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
can anyone help me. im stuck at the orange light while charging my psvita slim. i even tried the power bank. charge it with other phone chargers. i even remove the battery and put it back on. or even did try the ribbon remove 1 by 1. any one here can help me?

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone help me. im stuck at the orange light while charging my psvita slim. i even tried the power bank. charge it with other phone chargers. i even remove the battery and put it back on. or even did try the ribbon remove 1 by 1. any one here can help me?

Do you have an original sony cable? If you've tried all that and it still doesn't work i think it may he the cable that's the culprit, try getting a new cable and see if it works.

yakuma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hi i have same problem.
my vita can trun on if it charge
but if i put off it off the battery is full but it cant trun on without charge

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat