Hacking Help me Sx OS v 3.1

kayec

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello people i had a problem with my switch. Accidentally, i update my switch after playing smash and downloaded the lastest smash. After that, my sx OS pro stop working but my original firmware was ok. I was reading and some people say that if a had a previous backup the only thing that i need is to restore that back up so ican play again with sx Os. but, its not working and now my OF its 10.0.4 instead of 11.0.1.
someone can help me , i had reading the forums and some éople say that i can update my OF to 11.0.1 and my sx os to 11.0.0 but i dont get it how to do it. how i can know which one is updated and which one its not? some people say to change atmosphere and then donwgrade but how? and in my particular case, how to update?

sorry, noob asking this

tomx86

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
First of all do you have emunand or just sysnand?
If you have sysnand then sorry but you blown the update fuses, and you can't downgrade your console to a version lower then 11.0.1, or even restore your 10.0.4 backup, you will be stuck with atmosphere for now if you find a guide to migrate the sysnand from sx to atmosphere, but if you have a emunand then do this:
Use this guide on your own risk, it worked for me, but one user reported a "black screen of death" when lunching the emunand after this guide, RMC still worked, I don't know if he made some mistake or did I got lucky, good luck:
1. Lunch the latest hekate in RCM, go to "emuMMC", click on "Migrate emuMMC", and click continue.
2. Turn off the console and mount the switch microSD card to your pc, and create "Emutendo" folder.
3. Move everything from "SDroot/emuMMC/ER00/Nintendo/" to "Emutendo".
4. Copy "raw_based" file from "SDroot/emuMMC/ER00/" to "Emutendo".
5. Edit the "emummc.ini" file in "SDroot/emuMMC/":
[emummc]
enabled=1
sector=0x2
path=emuMMC/ER00
id=0x0000
nintendo_path=emuMMC/ER00/Nintendo

to:
[emummc]
enabled=1
sector=0x2
path=Emutendo
id=0x0000
nintendo_path=Emutendo

6. Put the microSD card back to the console, and run hekate in RCM.
7. Go to "Payloads", launch Atmosphere, and now you should be able to run emuNAND on it, and SX emuNAND will still work too.
PS. If you got any mods that you want to work in Atmosphere too, then copy them from "SDroot/sxos/titles/" to "SDroot/atmosphere/contents/".
Then use ChoiDujourNX to downgrade your emunand (I myself never had to downgrade so I'm not 100% sure if it would work).
Also found this guide for tx mod chip switch, maybe it will work to:

Last edited by tomx86,
Reactions: kayec

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello people i had a problem with my switch. Accidentally, i update my switch after playing smash and downloaded the lastest smash. After that, my sx OS pro stop working but my original firmware was ok. I was reading and some people say that if a had a previous backup the only thing that i need is to restore that back up so ican play again with sx Os. but, its not working and now my OF its 10.0.4 instead of 11.0.1.
someone can help me , i had reading the forums and some éople say that i can update my OF to 11.0.1 and my sx os to 11.0.0 but i dont get it how to do it. how i can know which one is updated and which one its not? some people say to change atmosphere and then donwgrade but how? and in my particular case, how to update?

sorry, noob asking this
Just Switch to Atmosphere. Either way, you need Atmosphere.

MarkBaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by MarkBaker,

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Stop downgrading and potentially bricking your switch. It makes no sense to downgrade it. Come on dude. Use atmosphere. Sooner or later, you'll need it one way or another. SX OS doesn't get updates anymore (which is a good thing).

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@BaamAlex
The OP requested help with a very specific problem, giving pertinent information and receiving some very helpful replies.
He is almost certainly not interested in your opinions.

@kayec
see tomx86 and MarkBaker responses
:)
But at the end of the day, he still has to use Atmosphere no? I mean that is what the other people suggested doing. TX's future is uncertain so at the very least, there is nothing to lose by setting up Atmosphere.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I have all my games as XCI in SX OS, what happens when I boot into AMS?

Will I have to install them all as NSP's in AMS?
Depends. If you have installed them as .XCI files, then they will still work in Atmosphere. But if you only mount them, then you will have to install those .XCI files in order to use them with Atmosphere. Atmosphere doesn't only support .NSP files

darkfuturez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Depends. If you have installed them as .XCI files, then they will still work in Atmosphere. But if you only mount them, then you will have to install those .XCI files in order to use them with Atmosphere. Atmosphere doesn't only support .NSP files

I mount all my games in xci, is there an automated way to install all of them from xci to nsp on the switch?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious +1