OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
bigbadbosses.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
After installing a CIA for a GBC game, 5 apps including FBI and Homebrew Launcher broke. Whenever I click them it just shows a black icon and "card removed" what do I do?

Attachments

• 20221125_122633.jpg
    20221125_122633.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 34
  • 20221125_122857.jpg
    20221125_122857.jpg
    1,006.7 KB · Views: 40

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As i dont have a idea atm, best check this thread about black icon on 3DS to find a solution. My only idea at the moment :
  • Run a file and sector check which also repairs found errors. On Windows, right klick the drive, go to tools and run the check. I recommend in Powershell to run chkdsk X: /r (X> driveletter) to see in detail whats going on.
  • Update Luma and the 3DS system to latest firmware
  • If you have unistore installed, uninstall the black icon games and reinstall them.
  • Else, use Rosalina to switch the Homebrew Launcher to Health and safety app. Or use godemode9 to inject it to it. Then run in HBL the FBI app to reinstall them.

NiGHTS2002

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
bigbadbosses.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
As i dont have a idea atm, best check this thread about black icon on 3DS to find a solution. My only idea at the moment :
  • Run a file and sector check which also repairs found errors. On Windows, right klick the drive, go to tools and run the check. I recommend in Powershell to run chkdsk X: /r (X> driveletter) to see in detail whats going on.
  • Update Luma and the 3DS system to latest firmware
  • If you have unistore installed, uninstall the black icon games and reinstall them.
  • Else, use Rosalina to switch the Homebrew Launcher to Health and safety app. Or use godemode9 to inject it to it. Then run in HBL the FBI app to reinstall them.
So I was able to access FBI after doing the last step, and I attempted to reinstall anemone and the 4 other missing apps (fbi, universal updater, checkpoint, and homebrew launcher) but it gave me the following error:

Failed to install CIA file.
Result code: 0xD9004588
Level: Permanent (27)
Summary: Wrong argument (8)
Module: FS (17)
Desc: RSA/Hash verification failure (392)
My other apps still remain and I can access fbi from homebrew menu but i cannot get rid of those black icons for the correct ones.

Last edited by NiGHTS2002,

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You might check the Card thats its not a fake one with h2wtest with full write + verify test. But move first the hole content from the card to PC, else it will corrupt the files.

Related to 0xD9004588 error big guide
the shown error might been a result of a corrupted database thats keeps the data about the installed titles. You will need to restore it by godemode9 and running a CTRTransfer Type Decrypt9 script (choose full).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3