Homebrew (help needed) dont know where to actually post this but here we go...

pestaion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a long wile ago i used this walk through //3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(soundhax) to hack my 3dsxl and it worked. recently i moved to a diff flash card by sticking it on my laptop and just copy pasting the entire card over to the new SDcard now i have no fbi/cia folders on my home menu when my 3ds boots up... i can still boot with the start and select to get into god mode and what not but im a total noob and have 0 clue how to restore the fbi launcher to the home screen. my SD has all 21gig of data on it that was on the old card but i think maybe the emu section got overrote somehow? cuz the system looks like its a stock home menu screen when i first hacked this 3ds it was 11.2 now its 11.6 if it helps any

Attachments

• 20171014_154000.jpg
    20171014_154000.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 184
  • 20171014_154026.jpg
    20171014_154026.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 200
Last edited by pestaion,

Gcentrex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You say emu;

Let me guess you were using emunand on the other SD card?

If you still have the old SD card try that and see if it boots back normally again

pestaion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did attempt the old card and nothing worked. I eventually try'ed a restore to the old backup to revert the whole system and it bricked so its a total loss unfortunately. blue light (power light comes on 1 time then nothing) flashes and both screens stay black. I got the thing used at gamestop with a good warranty so I am going to make the trip later and say it just wont turn on (after i wipe the sd card) lol

Gcentrex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did attempt the old card and nothing worked. I eventually try'ed a restore to the old backup to revert the whole system and it bricked so its a total loss unfortunately. blue light (power light comes on 1 time then nothing) flashes and both screens stay black. I got the thing used at gamestop with a good warranty so I am going to make the trip later and say it just wont turn on (after i wipe the sd card) lol

Was it running b9s in the backup or arm9loaderhax?

Might want to try both of those before turning in the warranty

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
The power light going on then off means you are missing boot.firm or arm9loaderhax.bin (if A9LH). Get boot.firm from Luma 8.1.1 and see if it turns on. If not, try arm9loaderhax.bin from Luma 7.0.5. You can get these from https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases

To get your homebrew stuff back you only need to follow https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/RDrjsrKmeOs?si=ZS8BcIGzWueChiGF