Starfox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

In the last days i have weird Problems sometimes Black Screen during Newer Super Marios Bros Falling Leaf (Mod), sometimes Newer Super Mario Bros 1.30.

Today i got a Black Screen from Startup Rayman Raving Rabids TV Party (original Game dumped to WBFS on USB HDD)

Then i have Error 002 Screens from Wii Play & Wii Sports (both original dumped to WBFS on USB HDD)

Error 002 Screen "An error has occurred. Press the eject button, remove the game disk, and turn off the power to the console. Please read the Wii operations manual for further instructions."

Ok so far so bad :D

My Setup:

Wii (Gamecube Version) (PAL Version German)

i have a fresh installed Homebrew Channel with latest D2X Cios V11 Beta 1 and latest USB Loader GX3 R1281

IOS'es i set to:

38 -> 248
56 -> 249
57 -> 250
58 -> 251

USB HDD is a WD2500BEVT 250GB in a UGreen USB 3.2 Gen2 HDD Case 2.5 Inch with an ASM235CM Chipset.

I also have tested also a SD Card Sandisk 4GB SDHC.

Both the same Problems (Black Screens during Gaming, Error 002 at Game startup)

Then i have completly deleted USB Loader GX directory under Apps from my USB HDD Drive and reinstalled it.

At the Moment no Problems all works fine, but why ?!?

Are there any Cache Folders for USB Loader GX that cause this Problems ?

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If using Priiloader, Update to latest Version and check for "002 Error" handler.
In USB Loader GX exists a "002 Error fix"

Reactions: jeannotte

Starfox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have searched for the 002 Error Fix but in this Version of USB Loader GX i didn´t find it under "Gameload Settings"

Maybe it was removed or renamed with newer USB Loader GX ?!?

Near at the End of the Gameload Settings there is use Alternativ DOL

Priiloader i´m also on latest Version 0.10.0 and i can´t find something similar to 002 Error Fix in "System Menu Hacks"

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe ist removed.

Try this if enabled (USBLGX on auto choose the correct cios by itself)
If I remember that correctly newer games check if they are running in the correct IOS and throw the 002 blue screen if they detect running under the wrong one -- it does not matter if the disc is legit or backup.

Priiloader can force games to use IOS 249 which is a cIOS on a correctly modded Wii allowing backup DVD-R on older consoles. I got this error when experimenting with New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Loaders like Neogamma should work around this (and USB loaders should always patch the games on the fly when loading from HDD).

Try disabling the Priiloader setting "Force disc games to use IOS 249" or whatever it is called if activated.
Source: 'Error #002 - Genuine Game + Wii System Menu, Why?' https://gbatemp.net/threads/error-002-genuine-game-wii-system-menu-why.582740/post-9361121

Last edited by Sypherone,
Reactions: Starfox

Starfox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok i give it a try and report later here.

:Edit / Update: Same Problem with "Force games to use IOS249 enabled"

I tried it with Newer Marios Bros Special Falling Leaf.

Game starts fine, I´m on the Map between Levels and i stopped playing for about 5 Minutes. Then Error 002 Occured

:Edit2 I have disabled Western Digitals Idle Timer for more tests
Post automatically merged:

No chance, even with disabled Idle Timer i have Error 002 Screens.

Last edited by Starfox,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol