Naendow

Brick-Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey :)

I've ordered some DSi's from Japan for an insanely cheap price. Surprisingly most of them work and look pretty good. Two of them have a few problems.

The first one immediately showed an error message after boot. After replacing the Wifi module, it boots and shows the boot animation. After pressing any button it shows an error message again. I am sure that the WiFi module works this time, but I have no clue what else could be the problem. I also tried to put the mainboard into another console without any luck. A modding related brick would be possible I think, but that would be pretty bad because Unlaunch doesn't seem to be installed.
The second device behaves really weird. It boots and work like a charm when I remove the back case, but doesn't when it is reassembled. I tried to start the device and put it together at the same time, which resulted into a glitching screen and a pretty loud noise that sounded like a broken menu music loop. No idea what happens there.

If anyone has an idea how I could save at least one console, I would be very grateful. Even if this was an insanely good deal (50 Euro with shipping included for 6 DSis and 1 DSi LL, all of them working besides the 2 described above), it would be a bummer to have 2 junk consoles.

xonn

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Recently, I have repaired a DSi that thrown an error just after start any program. The problem was in bios/wifi module, not the module itself but the connection, I think the console access inside before launching an app, and if there's any problem in communication, it abort operation and shows the error.
The solution was looking a good position for this piece, putting some paper underneath to tilt it slightly (trial and error method). Now it works flawlessly!

Reactions: Flame

Amez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For the first one, the camera can cause the issue of it showing an error message after boot up.

The second one, sounds like a short, try the bottom from the other console it, if it still happens - try swapping the bottom screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i gotta say fuck captain falcon, because he's hot (no homo), marry samus, because she seems like good wife (or as BigOnYa says, wifey) material, and kill wario, because he can't die, so killing him won't really kill him
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but uhhh that's just me hehe
    iu
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    good night guys
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, wise one, thanks for trying to help.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    To sleep perchance to dream!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My state has put a heavy tax on vape juice, taxing any juice with nicotine by the weight/oz. So to get around the bs, my local vape store only sells 0 nicotine vape juices, then they also sell straight nicotine in tiny bottles, and you mix it yourself to your 0% juice, lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, is that Wing from South Park?
    BigOnYa hmmm I wonder how long until someone just vapes the straight nicotine lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna say people are not that dumb, but yea you right, some are.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People have put 50mg salt nic in straight subohm coils which is like more powerful hits
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey psi, do they have dress codes down there in FLa, here there are signs on stores that say "No shirt, no service" but curious bout down yonder
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I tried the salts and too strong for me, I prefer the norm juice
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In Florida they don't serve you if you have clothes on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking raining again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How can you tell, do you see rain drops on top of other rain drops?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can tell by whenever your wife done letting out loud ass moans then I get her a ticket back home
    +1
    @BigOnYa, yeah most places demand clothes and shoes, unless it's some really back water place that I am unaware of lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Cool, I got lunch money for tomorrow then.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @K3Nv2 call uremum Sloppenheimer the way she givin me this bomb head
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I call uremum alzheimer she forgets to leave
    +1
    Time to start a vape straight nicotine challenge, Darwin be praised!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Imagine if Hitler had vapes, we promise it's not cyanide it'll help you quit nicotine
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please, walk into my patented vape chamber, aka the non smoking area
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I do wonder how dominate Germany would've been if they just enlisted Jewish people
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I do wonder how dominate Germany would've been if they just enlisted Jewish people