Homebrew Homebrew game help pls

regedw7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yesterday I had an idea to try to port omori to 3ds after all the real port of omori to 3ds was canceled some time ago, I know how to program on unity however, to make 3ds games on unity I would need:

- Nintendo developer interface

- Visual Studio integration for the CTR platform

- The latest version of the CTR SDKs

- Unity for 3DS

- ARMCC 5.04

but nintendo doesn't support a 3ds drive anymore (and besides i'm not 18 years old anyway XD) so... is there any way i can get these things nowadays? really do this postage and I don't want to give up trying :yay3ds:

edit: saw this in a gba temp thread

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yesterday I had an idea to try to port omori to 3ds after all the real port of omori to 3ds was canceled some time ago, I know how to program on unity however, to make 3ds games on unity I would need:

- Unity for 3DS

- ARMCC 5.04

but nintendo doesn't support a 3ds drive anymore (and besides i'm not 18 years old anyway XD) so... is there any way i can get these things nowadays? really do this postage and I don't want to give up trying :yay3ds:
most of those can probably be found on google. Thats about all that can be said now that ninty decided to stop with the 3ds devs.

Reactions: regedw7

regedw7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
most of those can probably be found on google. Thats about all that can be said now that ninty decided to stop with the 3ds devs.
I've looked everywhere but I can't find it, if I need to use another engine to port the game I'm willing to learn the language of the engine to do what I want!

Trophies
XP
Before you get ahead of yourself.. I'm going to phrase this as how almost everyone does everytime I see a question like this.

How do you actually plan to do this? Do you plan to actually de-compile the game and spend months trying to port it? Or are you going to go the alternate route and re-create your own version as a visage of the original game.

As far as I've heard the game hasn't been de-compiled, and if it has then I just haven't heard about it. Anyways that's usually the first step when it comes to actually porting something, that step is.. to actually have content to port.

Secondly, since Omori is still quite a popular game, still seeing attention from the creators, I would be careful about a project like this as you wouldn't want to get slapped in the face with a lawsuit. (if you make it public that is)

I'm willing to learn the language of the engine to do what I want!

Also trust me, I'm not trying to be rude about this at all, but usually when people say this, it's because they have an idealized version of how the process works. Fully learning a language and / or engine well enough to create a fully working port of a (most likely) not de-compiled game can take months upon months, even before you get to starting the project.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yesterday I had an idea to try to port omori to 3ds
Yes, I remember you made a very pointless thread where you said "I'm not going to start the project for now because I'm very busy lately".
https://gbatemp.net/threads/omori-3ds-port-in-2022.617950/

Lots of people have "ideas", but if this was easy, then there would be a bazillion crappy 3DS Unity games floating around out there already.

Also, please stop posting in bold text. And don't ever use a subject line like "help pls" ever again – try to be a least a little descriptive. At this point the most useful link for you would probably be How to Ask Questions The Smart Way.

regedw7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Antes que você se veja .. Vou mostrar isso como quase todo o mundo faz hoje que vejo uma pergunta como essa.

Como você realmente planeja fazer isso? Você planeja realmente descompilar o jogo e passar meses tentando portá-lo? Ou você vai seguir o caminho alternativo e recriar sua própria versão como um rosto do jogo original.

Tanto quanto eu ouvi, o jogo não foi descompilado, e se foi, então eu simplesmente não ouvi falar dele. De qualquer forma, esse geralmente é o primeiro passo quando se trata de portar algo, esse passo é realmente ter conteúdo para portar.

Em segundo lugar, como Omori ainda é um jogo bastante popular, ainda recebendo atenção dos criadores, eu teria cuidado com um projeto como esse, pois você não gostaria de levar um tapa na cara com um processo. (se você torna-lo público que é)

Também confie em mim, não estou tentando ser rude com isso, mas geralmente quando as pessoas dizem isso, é porque elas têm uma versão idealizada de como o processo funciona. Aprender completamente uma linguagem e/ou engine bem o suficiente para criar um port totalmente funcional de um jogo (provavelmente) não descompilado pode levar meses e meses, mesmo antes de você começar o projeto.
well, I've had this idea for months but I've never tried to put it into practice, and after all I don't intend to and probably won't even carry the full game, after all it would be hell and I'm just one person, I'm still thinking whether or not I'll make the game available publicly, after all I kind of wanted to do this project more to learn about how to make games for 3ds and maybe even make a game for 3ds, after all I have people who would help me with the sprites, probably it's just a test and not go ahead, and I won't start the game now because I'm busy, but until I can at least start the game, I would like to have an engine base that I can use or how to start a project for 3ds

regedw7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes, I remember you made a very pointless thread where you said "I'm not going to start the project for now because I'm very busy lately".
https://gbatemp.net/threads/omori-3ds-port-in-2022.617950/

Lots of people have "ideas", but if this was easy, then there would be a bazillion crappy 3DS Unity games floating around out there already.

Also, please stop posting in bold text. And don't ever use a subject line like "help pls" ever again – try to be a least a little descriptive. At this point the most useful link for you would probably be How to Ask Questions The Smart Way.
1-I never said that this is easy to do or something like that, on the contrary, getting to start the project is already being hell, I imagine it's time to actually put it into practice
2-I'm really busy, I just want a base on how to start the project, for later to put it into practice really
3- I'm sorry and my second post here
4-I will probably never post anything here again, why would I need to read a thread on "how to ask questions the smart way"?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I will probably never post anything here again, why would I need to read a thread on "how to ask questions the smart way"?
If you bothered to click the link, you would see that wasn't a thread, but a thoughtful article written by a well-known developer. Even if you never post anything here again, you're probably going to ask questions on a forum again someday and the advice in that article will go a long way to ensuring you get a useful response in the future. It's even available in your native language!

Reactions: ShinyDarkrai47

shogunyro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i tried but u cant really beacause its on rpg maker mv and its not supported on 3ds but if someone can completely remake the game yeah! it would be cool

crewgirl

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

- Unity for 3DS

- ARMCC 5.04

edit: saw this in a gba temp thread
anyyyyyy updates???

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.