Hacking [HELP]PSP 1000 Full Bricked or What?

TheDestroyer

GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, I have a PSP 1000 from my cousin, so I really don't know what is going on but he said that it refuses to turn on.
Here are the things that I know:

-It happens when my cousin said it was sleep for weeks and he said he had 5.00 m33 installed.
-It charges but refuses to turn on.
-I used pandora battery, it displays green light on Power but then it doesn't show anything on the LCD.
-I don't know if this is an LCD thing or not. I couldn't make it turn on to see whether I can hear the menu clicking.

Anyone willing to help? I will answer questions as prompted. Right now, that's all I can share with you.

I've been doing the following,

-Made an MMS out of 4GB MS. (it was not Mark2 or fake[it says supported on the information]). I followed this guy tutorial: Here
I had to format the MS using windows XP via mspformat.exe because it is giving me 'Failed to inject IPL'. I made sure that the IPL was injected successfully.

-Plugged in MMS with Pandora battery. One thing I notice, it doesn't seem to read the memory card in anyway. The Power light goes green then after a second, it goes off quick. The LCD didn't show anything.

I did all of these using my 620 PRO B4Perm 3k PSP, if thats important but I don't think so since you only need to do stuff on MS.

Can someone tell me if this is full bricked and cannot be unbrick at all so I won't be looking any more solutions?
Also, is it possible to brick PSP 1000 completely? Unless of course, it's a hardware problem?
If everything didn't work out. Is there a possibility that my PSP 1000 is hardware bricked and thus cannot be unbricked?
Shall I declare the PSP as dead or what?

TheDestroyer

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I've done my research and found out that majority of people are saying that they can work up to 16GB ones but they should not be a 'Mark2' or fake MS.

EDIT: I really don't care if I install CFW or OFW. I just wanted the damn thing to do something. I could install CFW easily myself. I just need for it to boot up.
frown.gif

EDIT2: Should I try different method on creating MMS? And can someone confirm that my memory stick (link above) is not a Mark 2? I just assumed that it is not because it doesn't say anything on the product description.

EDIT3: With original battery on + MMS, the Power light stays green but no LCD display nor menu sounds.

EDIT4: Tried RainsUltraLiteMMS w/ 5.00 OFW, it does the same thing like when holding trigger buttton the Power light would go green then after a second suddenly goes off.

EDIT5: Tried PSP Grader v008, does the same thing as above.

Looking for some other options! Thanks! Will be back soon!

Anne Noise

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
I thought the MMS had to be under 2GB. Am I incorrect in thinking that?

Mine is 8GB and works fine. I don't recall reading anything about a size limit for the MMS while I was making mine.

realveemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed that some psp models bricking due to corrupted sticks regardless of fake or not..

All i can suggest is one of two things..

1. Format stick 2-3 times. Not quick and reload all files back onto it to make a MMS

2. Sounds weird but have you tried using a second psp allready on CFW.. Someone had this problem way back and the solution for unknown reasons was he used a psp instead of a battery tool

Hope this helps

TheDestroyer

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
realveemon said:
I've noticed that some psp models bricking due to corrupted sticks regardless of fake or not..

All i can suggest is one of two things..

1. Format stick 2-3 times. Not quick and reload all files back onto it to make a MMS

2. Sounds weird but have you tried using a second psp allready on CFW.. Someone had this problem way back and the solution for unknown reasons was he used a psp instead of a battery tool

Hope this helps

1. I tried but I always getting 'Failed to inject IPL' also, I could not format my MS 2x using mspformat.exe.

2. I have no clue on how can I do this.

I am beginning to think that it might be the Memory stick, I think I should not get 'Failed to inject IPL' in the first place and perhaps, mspfromat.exe does not work properly.

TheDestroyer

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Jolan said:
Have you tried removing battery and memory stick, then turning the PSP on while it's charging batteryless?

The power light just stays green and the screen doesnt seem to show anything. I tried to hit left and right button to see if I can hear the menu but can't hear a thing.
unsure.gif

mori123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
have You considered maybe The Psp is fine but the LCD screen went? also try rains MMS maker that way your not screwing it up And make sure your holding down the L for the default trigger key for the mms/pandora.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds like hardware failure to me. and something major, not something that can be repaired. i guess you can try dismantling and checking the connections.

the charging really does not mean much its very simple system to charge, meaning the entire system can be fucked but the charger still works. its basically plug to battery connection.

TheDestroyer

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
mori123 said:
have You considered maybe The Psp is fine but the LCD screen went? also try rains MMS maker that way your not screwing it up And make sure your holding down the L for the default trigger key for the mms/pandora.

Well, I am not quite sure if it is LCD though I am fairly sure that I can't hear menu sound? I already tried rains MMS and hold L trigger but nothing happens. Right now it stays green light but before it turn green then turn off in about a second. Everything seems confusing lol I am getting different results using the same methods >.

mori123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Usually the only way to truly brick a psp 1001 is to Mess up the internal flash royally leaving it sitting like your suggesting should not Cause it to become bricked.

as You get The green Light it suggests the psp IS indeed On so tell me have you tested your pandora battery On another psp to ensure its functional? cause its either the battery or the psp has more serious issues

So to use the pandora Pop the normal battery Out, Insert the pandora battery and MMS
then Press and Hold The L trigger and then Turn on the console and continue to hold the L trigger
usally @ this point it should pop up to the pandora menu. ( at which point u can release the L trigger)

if this does not occur and this is a 1001 psp then your battery's the Most likely culprit since your light is indeed green so test it on a different unit if it works then, Your 100% sure its the psp and that something alot more Major than leaving it sitting for months was done to this unit
did You try to make the pandora with the PSP 3k? , the mms is made on the pc if u use rains. as i recall.

TheDestroyer

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
mori123 said:
Usually the only way to truly brick a psp 1001 is to Mess up the internal flash royally leaving it sitting like your suggesting should not Cause it to become bricked.

as You get The green Light it suggests the psp IS indeed On so tell me have you tested your pandora battery On another psp to ensure its functional? cause its either the battery or the psp has more serious issues

So to use the pandora Pop the normal battery Out, Insert the pandora battery and MMS
then Press and Hold The L trigger and then Turn on the console and continue to hold the L trigger
usally @ this point it should pop up to the pandora menu. ( at which point u can release the L trigger)

if this does not occur and this is a 1001 psp then your battery's the Most likely culprit since your light is indeed green so test it on a different unit if it works then, Your 100% sure its the psp and that something alot more Major than leaving it sitting for months was done to this unit
did You try to make the pandora with the PSP 3k? , the mms is made on the pc if u use rains. as i recall.

According to my cousin, he left it on sleep, does it matter whether it is sleep while on homebrew/games running? If so, I have to ask him if he's playing something when he put it on sleep.

I have two PSP 3k and a this bricked PSP 1001 so I think i have no way to test the pandora battery on PSP 3k right?

I already tried using rains and holding L trigger button it doesnt boot up anything just stays green light sometimes it stays green then goes off quickly.

I will have to ask my cousin on where did he bought his pandora.. Is there fakes going around? Is there a way to re-create pandora battery using the one I have now?

mori123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ya They are indeed fake pandoras and made Improperly and your correct Your psp 3k cannot test a pandora it would do precisely what your 1k is doing with it Nothing. I am thinking its Your pandora battery at this point cause its next to Impossible to mess up a psp 1k or psp 2k pre ta88v3

I've bricked mine more times than i can count just goofing and Pandora fixed em in no time.
And No what mode u leave it in and game does not matter in the slightest

TheDestroyer

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
mori123 said:
Ya They are indeed fake pandoras and made Improperly and your correct Your psp 3k cannot test a pandora it would do precisely what your 1k is doing with it Nothing. I am thinking its Your pandora battery at this point cause its next to Impossible to mess up a psp 1k or psp 2k pre ta88v3

I've bricked mine more times than i can count just goofing and Pandora fixed em in no time.
And No what mode u leave it in and game does not matter in the slightest

Can you create pandora battery using 620 CFW PRO B4 Perm on PSP 3k? I would try the original Sony PSP battery to create a pandora battery.
my cousin told me he bought it from pandorasales which is i think the most well-known pandora dealer so I am assuming that the pandora is legit? though no one knows for sure.
if only i can test my mms and pandora to someone elses' >.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
From what I know the memory stick must be 4GB and under. If the converter thing tells you it can't inject the IPL, then it's not going to work with that stick.

Can't make a pandora on a 3K.

The special pandora batteries you buy should work. If it's a white one with the button, you need to press and hold the button for ~8 seconds so the lights start flashing, THEN it's in pandora mode.

TheDestroyer

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
From what I know the memory stick must be 4GB and under. If the converter thing tells you it can't inject the IPL, then it's not going to work with that stick.

Can't make a pandora on a 3K.

The special pandora batteries you buy should work. If it's a white one with the button, you need to press and hold the button for ~8 seconds so the lights start flashing, THEN it's in pandora mode.

Some store offers up to 32 GB memory stick which has MMS installed.

Are you talking about LED batteries? Can I use pandora batteries as a permanent battery? lol Woud you recommend this combo?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Could you link to one of the places selling a 32GB one? AFAIK they have to be 4GB and under.

That's the kind of battery I'm talking about, you can see me using one here.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1ydzaf0OZk[/youtube]
And yes, they act as a normal battery too, but I wouldn't use one for normal stuff, most of the "extended life" batteries are barely reaching normal capacity. The standard ones like I've got have crappy life, so the "extended" is probably "longer than other pandoras like this", which doesn't say much. I've never really seen an extended battery (of the same size) for a system that actually had great life.

When you get into stuff like the Nyko+ for the 3DS and other such things that are physically larger than normal it's a good bet, but for same-size stuff the battery life is rarely as long as normal, let alone longer.

TheDestroyer

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Could you link to one of the places selling a 32GB one? AFAIK they have to be 4GB and under.
That's the kind of battery I'm talking about, you can see me using one here.
And yes, they act as a normal battery too, but I wouldn't use one for normal stuff, most of the "extended life" batteries are barely reaching normal capacity. The standard ones like I've got have crappy life, so the "extended" is probably "longer than other pandoras like this", which doesn't say much. I've never really seen an extended battery (of the same size) for a system that actually had great life.

When you get into stuff like the Nyko+ for the 3DS and other such things that are physically larger than normal it's a good bet, but for same-size stuff the battery life is rarely as long as normal, let alone longer.

pandorasales.com has up to 32GB and they are available as an 'Upgrade' option. They would charge you additional 85$ for it. Though I don't really see why I need such large memory. I am looking at 1GB right now because I've read some people say should be less than 4GB however, others say it work up to 16GB so I don't really know which is correct. So I will be getting the low memory ones since I am only going to use it to boot up my psp 1k and at the same time, save some cash.

Do you know the difference between LED pandora and the normal pandora battery except you can toggle between pandora mode and normal battery mode?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ALcfGYLXcjQ?si=ePdtM6b0p5sWaxof