Hacking [HELP] Reinand not saving GBA VC Saves

Robert McCoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It used to keep my save data intact when exiting the gba game, but now it no longer keeps the save after I exit out. When it was working my set up was:

Menuhax
reinand.3dsx renamed to boot.3dsx

New setup:
Arm9loaderhax
CTRboot9
reinand.dat autoboot
Hold R for decrypt9 menu on boot.

Now when I exit out of a gba game from emunand and sysnand too it resets and the save is gone. Any ideas? I'd rather not go back to using menuhax -.-

Gcentrex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It no longer works because it does not load sysNAND first then emuNAND.

Instead it directly loads emuNAND, as GBA games load via sysNAND the saves are their.

You can swap to AhReiNAND as she applied a fix for that issue.

You should consider swapping to updated sysNAND mode, no more needing to install GBA titles to both emuNAND and sysNAND

Reactions: Robert McCoy

Robert McCoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm scared of doing it wrong and trying to use the updated sysnand mode and just end up erasing my a9lh and end up on a 10.6 sysnand console.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It no longer works because it does not load sysNAND first then emuNAND.

Instead it directly loads emuNAND, as GBA games load via sysNAND the saves are their.

You can swap to AhReiNAND as she applied a fix for that issue.

You should consider swapping to updated sysNAND mode, no more needing to install GBA titles to both emuNAND and sysNAND

wait what if I just use decrypt9 to dump the every partition except for firm1 and firm0 from the emunand, then restore those partitions to the sysnand, again avoiding firm1 and firm0, would that give me an updated sysnand without losing a9lh???

Reactions: Gcentrex

monkey69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait what if I just use decrypt9 to dump the every partition except for firm1 and firm0 from the emunand, then restore those partitions to the sysnand, again avoiding firm1 and firm0, would that give me an updated sysnand without losing a9lh???

Indeed it would! That's how I transferred emunand to sysnand; works a charm.

Reactions: Robert McCoy

Gcentrex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm scared of doing it wrong and trying to use the updated sysnand mode and just end up erasing my a9lh and end up on a 10.6 sysnand console.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes that's what most of us did at first to ensure we still had A9LH and all out emuNAND data intact

Robert McCoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes that's what most of us did at first to ensure we still had A9LH and all out emuNAND data intact

This is my idea of "true" custom firmware then. Still using the sysnand and can still run unofficial applications and patches to the signature checks without ever leaving your sysnand, while being updated to the most recent firmware. This is ridiculous. These advancements since the days of 2013 Gateway3ds are amazing if you look at how far the 3ds scene has come. Thanks for your helps guys, and I ended up finding a guide on how to swap the emunand and sysnand without losing a9lh cfw and it boots into auReiNand!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 2 of them :angry:😡:angry: ! +1