Hacking [Help] Where to find a flashcard ?

Ayazel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone, it's my first topic here :) I hope my question is legit...
So, Christmas is coming, and I want to get a gift for myself. I always wanted to use cheats on Pokemon Black ! Unfortunately, I don't own a flashcard and I can only play with cheats on DesMuME. Who wants to stay on a screen playing a pixelated game made for handheld consoles, anyways ? :/

I have a CFW, and I use TWiLightMenu++, or DsiMenu++, whatever you call it. The problem is, it cannot support neither cheats, nor the 3DS internet connection to go in the AltWfc.

So, I was thinking about a flashcard, because it should be very easier. I heard about R4, but they seem to be a trap, because they don't update and we must buy the new one, again and again. I also heard about Supercard DSTwo, which seem to be nice.

My question is, where can I find a flashcard like DSTwo, in Europe (France, precisely) ? I cannot find anything.
If I can't, my other question is, how the hell can I use cheats with Pokemon Black / Black 2 ? DSATM doesn't works.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So you did not figure out a way to get DSATM working with Pokemon black. TWiLight Menu++ is fantastic but at the moment sometimes a flashcart is still superior. Sorry, it’s a long answer:

The name R4… and the ridiculous number of clones with similar names (and similar domains). In general R4 is not equal to a trap, but there are good and bad R4s. DSTwo is not manufactured anymore. Mostly recommended on GBAtemp is the “R4i Gold 3DS Plus” you can get at mod3dscard.com (right on the front page of GBAtemp) and nds-card.
  • Internal switch for ntrboot to hack 2/3DS systems. (Okay, you already hacked yours, but if you ever have to do another, it’s a lot faster than Frogminer and ntrboot can be used to undo even the worst kinds of software faults. This has been proven lately.)
  • Uses Wood kernel – no “timebomb”
  • Cheat support
  • Supports almost all DS games and has no problem with AP-“features” (Pokemon black/white 1/2 work without any problems)
  • RTS
The latest Wood kernel (1.64) is from the year 2013 and has not been updated since. But… there is nothing that needs to be updated. It just works.

Another alternative, since you mentioned owning a physical cartridge, is the good old Action Replay DS.
Action_Replay_DS.jpg

But as far as I know they are quite expensive by now (and can do much less than the R4i Gold 3DS Plus). There are some problems with Action Replay though:
  • The driver and the Code Manager software have not been updated since Windows Vista and they work best with XP. I don’t know if it works on Windows 7 or higher.
  • I don’t know if the servers for the code updates are still running (and Pokemon Black is missing by default on older ARs) The servers for Action Replay Max (Playstation 2) are gone.
  • If you buy a used AR, pay attention: The cable must come with it. It’s not a normal mini- or micro-USB. The CD is not important because the Code Manager software is still on the codejunkies website.

Ayazel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello again !
Sorry, but I don't want to buy an Action Replay, because I have TWO 3ds, an old one and a new one. Yet, I only have one gamecard, so I want to try to "duplicate" my game in order to play it on both 3ds at the same time using IR and internet features, which is not possible on TWiLightMenu++.

Also, do these R4 websites deliver to France ? You see, I don't wanna travel into another country just for a tiny thing like this... Lol

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello again !
Sorry, but I don't want to buy an Action Replay, because I have TWO 3ds, an old one and a new one. Yet, I only have one gamecard, so I want to try to "duplicate" my game in order to play it on both 3ds at the same time using IR and internet features, which is not possible on TWiLightMenu++.

Also, do these R4 websites deliver to France ? You see, I don't wanna travel into another country just for a tiny thing like this... Lol
Careful: You won't be able to use infrared. The 3DS has IR, yes, but the IR feature of Pokemon black is in the cartridge. No flashcart will do this. Internet and local wireless features should work with flashcart and genuine cartridge. See here. The flashcart won't trigger the AP, but it has no infrared either.

Action Replay was not a good idea for cheating, especially since I posted a picture of an old version that only works on DS-lite and DS-phat, forget it.

Both companies from the links above ship their carts worldwide. It is a bit of a problem since Nintendo had success against these Slot-1-carts in Europe in several courts. You probably won't find a French company for this; although their might be multiple sites in French language making you think they are from your country. Some days ago there was the same question from the somebody from the Netherlands. He found some pages in Dutch language, but nobody knows if they're reliable.

For both, nds-card and mod3dscard, there are multiple positive reports. nds-card has been a sponsor of GBAtemp a while ago.

Ayazel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Careful: You won't be able to use infrared. The 3DS has IR, yes, but the IR feature of Pokemon black is in the cartridge. No flashcart will do this. Internet and local wireless features should work with flashcart and genuine cartridge. See here. The flashcart won't trigger the AP, but it has no infrared either.

Action Replay was not a good idea for cheating, especially since I posted a picture of an old version that only works on DS-lite and DS-phat, forget it.

Both companies from the links above ship their carts worldwide. It is a bit of a problem since Nintendo had success against these Slot-1-carts in Europe in several courts. You probably won't find a French company for this; although their might be multiple sites in French language making you think they are from your country. Some days ago there was the same question from the somebody from the Netherlands. He found some pages in Dutch language, but nobody knows if they're reliable.

For both, nds-card and mod3dscard, there are multiple positive reports. nds-card has been a sponsor of GBAtemp a while ago.

Damn, I really wanted to get this Infrared thing :(
But anyways, thanks, I'll take a look.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...