Help with buying a modded Xbox 360

L3gi0n0fh311

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
- I am looking at this model, it is a RGH 3.0. Whats the difference between that and Jtag ?
- Can I play backup 360 ISOs from external and internal HDDs easily ? Do I still need to have WD drives internally or any other storage restrictions ?
- Do you recommend the unit in the link ?
- Any other places to buy a modded Xbox 360 from ?

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read this getting started guide:

tl;dr JTAG is a bit better but can only be done with dashboards 7371 or lower. Your only other option is RGH.

Personally I wouldn't bother spending the extra money on a JTAG unit when RGH does basically the same thing.

RGH 3 is better for slims, while it's a bit flaky for fat models - but you can opt to use RGH 1.2 instead.

Games cannot be played as ISO, but instead either GOD (game-on-demand) or the "game folder" format.

Converting ISOs to the GOD format is best if you don't mind the extra work / wait, don't want to mod games, and want to use the stock dashboard.

Otherwise if you plan on modding games, you'll want to use the "game folder" style and a custom dashboard. Aurora is the most popular with FreeStyleDash being runner-up.

They work either way internally or externally, but updates and DLC cannot be used externally if I remember correctly.

Once you have JTAG or RGH, hacked drives for internal use aren't necessary anymore. If you try formatting the hard drive it'll just prompt for the console serial number and let you use it.

I definitely don't recommend Console Warehouse due to horror stories (of course from Reddit), but you can try your luck with them if you really can't get someone to install it for you or buy a pre-modded console.

Reactions: L3gi0n0fh311

L3gi0n0fh311

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Once you have JTAG or RGH, hacked drives for internal use aren't necessary anymore. If you try formatting the hard drive it'll just prompt for the console serial number and let you use it.

So "ANY" SATA HDD/SSD would work internally/externally ? and you dont have to hack the drives ?

I definitely don't recommend Console Warehouse due to horror stories (of course from Reddit), but you can try your luck with them if you really can't get someone to install it for you or buy a pre-modded console.

I am in Canada, I am interested in Slim models, You're saying I should get a RGH 3.0 ? Where Can I purchase a modded console ? besides Console Warehouse ?

Last edited by L3gi0n0fh311,

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So "ANY" SATA HDD/SSD would work internally/externally ? and you dont have to hack anything ?
As long as the console is either JTAG or RGH, any drive (not higher than 2TB) should work.

I am in Canada, I am interested in Slim models, You're saying I should get a RGH 3.0 ? Where Can I purchase a modded console ? besides Console Warehouse ?
RGH 3.0 or RGH 1.2 (if you can't somehow manage to find an RGH 3.0 one.)

RGH NATION is the recommendation for pre-builts, but it doesn't look like they have any models in stock.

Octal's Console Shop (ran by well-known Xbox 360 community member) is another recommendation, but they only do send-in services.

Next best option is to get someone local (and hopefully reputable) to do the mod for you. Or do it yourself if you're up for the challenge.

Luckily, the slim models are "easier" to RGH 3.0 than the phat models.
For reference: https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/rgh-3-0-guide-phat-slim-includes-quick-tool.1832979/

Otherwise, your only other option is Ebay...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?