some1ne

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
yes, the ones that were released in 2010 like super mario galaxy 2, rock band 3, guitar hero 6, etc.
well, i dont know the real serial number of my console, because i think my uncle bought it (it was a gift) from a place where they sell a lot of pirated stuff, and, surprisingly, I found 3 different serials (one in the box, other in the console, and another one on the setting.txt located in the NAND), so I'll give you all the 3:
Box: LU334233013
Console: LU333235124
Setting.txt : LU333246533

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
pkmn789123 said:
yes, the ones that were released in 2010 like super mario galaxy 2, rock band 3, guitar hero 6, etc.
well, i dont know the real serial number of my console, because i think my uncle bought it (it was a gift) from a place where they sell a lot of pirated stuff, and, surprisingly, I found 3 different serials (one in the box, other in the console, and another one on the setting.txt located in the NAND), so I'll give you all the 3:
Box: LU334233013
Console: LU333235124
Setting.txt : LU333246533
Lol, that's messed up.

What games do work?

some1ne

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
What games do work?
Well, every retail game work, and some older backups, like:
-Super Mario Galaxy
-Animal Crossing (wifi not working)
-Warioware: Smooth Moves
-The Beatles Rock Band
-Wii Sports Resort
-RETAIL Super Smash Bros. (not working at the moment due to minor scratches on the disc (weird) (never tested a backup version))
-Mario Kart
-Wii Music
-Guitar Hero 3
-Zelda: TP
-Mario and Sonic at the olympic games
-Super Paper Mario
-Punch-Out
-Pikmin (PAL-M)
-Line Rider
-My Sims
-Lego Indiana Jones

The ones that I have tested and WILL NOT EVEN FIND THE DVD, NO MATTER THE METHOD (DISC CHANNEL, LOADER, CIOSCORP, GECKO OS) are :
(these are backups)
-PES 2011
-Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock
-Super Mario Galaxy 2
-New Super Mario Bros. Wii
-Rock Band 3
-Kirby's Epic Yarn
These games will only work UNDER ONE OF THESE CONDITIONS :
*It's a retail disc.
*Its ISO is loaded through an USB Loader.
These games play fine on my friend's wii, that is also hardmodded (other modchip, i think) .

some1ne

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
I think it all falls down to bad rips/burns. Most likely burns since this is all happening now and they work from a HDD.
The SAME DISCS work on my friend's wii, like i said. I think he has another modchip model.
I wanna open my wii to see the modchip model, but i dont have the necessary screwdriver ¬¬

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Is your friend wii on 4.2 or less? Also did they use to work & suddenly stopped or never worked?

There is also the chance your drive laser is wearing out since backups are alot harder for it to read than originals. In that case is your old backups & the new ones burned on the same type of dvds or diffrent ones?

some1ne

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The_Dragons_Master_F said:
Is your friend wii on 4.2 or less? -Less Also did they use to work & suddenly stopped or never worked? -Never worked

There is also the chance your drive laser is wearing out since backups are alot harder for it to read than originals. In that case is your old backups & the new ones burned on the same type of dvds or diffrent ones? -Some of them were burning using another DVD brand, but if i try to re-burn my old backups (the ones that work) with the new media, it works fine

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I'm just guessing this, but... have you been burning the backup games, onto DVD-R media?? (Cursor or maxwell)

DVD+R it's way too difficult by the wii lens to be read, even if it can with some backups.

-

It may be the lens dying because of the modchip, and/or the modchip itself (which is already guessed lol). Get a triwing from an on-line store if possible to dismantle your wii.

some1ne

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Coto said:
I'm just guessing this, but... have you been burning the backup games, onto DVD-R media?? (Cursor or maxwell)

DVD+R it's way too difficult by the wii lens to be read, even if it can with some backups.
I've been using two dvd types to burn the games, one is like this:
1261395788.jpg
, and the other one is a printable dvd, so i dont know the brand or type. I can try buying some decent blank dvds, the ones that i have here are from an unknown brand. But i don't think this is the problem.

-

It may be the lens dying because of the modchip, and/or the modchip itself (which is already guessed lol). Get a triwing from an on-line store if possible to dismantle your wii.
THAT'S the missing screwdriver.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Well it should be a good idea to get DVD-R media (always), if possible labeled as such because trust me, it took me a waste of 20 DVD+R to figure it out (including tests in neogamma with weird 3xxxx disc errors) . Also, SM 4.1/2 will block certain newer modchips besides region lock...

About the missing triwing, lol you'll need it sooner or later if you want to update the modchip's firmware.
BTW, the "current" serial your wii has, is the one listed in the serial.txt file dumped from nand, all the others are invalid.

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like it is the dvd's you are using. Why not just run from usb loader? I see no advantage to playing from disc other than wearing out your lense.

some1ne

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Coto said:
Well it should be a good idea to get DVD-R media (always), if possible labeled as such because trust me, it took me a waste of 20 DVD+R to figure it out (including tests in neogamma with weird 3xxxx disc errors) . Also, SM 4.1/2 will block certain newer modchips besides region lock...
I think this is really weird, because the gecko os gives the "NO DVD FOUND" error, the disc channel says the dvd is unable to read. When i try to copy the backup games to the usb (on my wii), even the ones that work, the usb loader wont find the disc, but my friend's wii DOES find the disc. I dont know if it is the firmware, i can try downgrading, but can it brick ? if the downgrading fails, i can restore it with bootmii
yaywii.gif

About the missing triwing, lol you'll need it sooner or later if you want to update the modchip's firmware.
I'm gonna see if any of my friends have one of these to lend me.
BTW, the "current" serial your wii has, is the one listed in the serial.txt file dumped from nand, all the others are invalid.
Thanks !

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Coto said:

No. Only 4.2+ blocks them. 4.1 doesn't have all the anti-homebrew/piracy crap added to it.

some1ne

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
Coto said:

No. Only 4.2+ blocks them. 4.1 doesn't have all the anti-homebrew/piracy crap added to it.
The problem was the same on 4.1, so i think it's not the firmware

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
pkmn789123 said:
JoostinOnline said:
Coto said:

I still think it's the burn. Try out Verbatim DVD-R burned at 4x speed.

some1ne

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
pkmn789123 said:
JoostinOnline said:
Coto said:

I still think it's the burn. Try out Verbatim DVD-R burned at 4x speed.
I got GH6 from my friend, it's a backup. Guess what: it wont load either.

some1ne

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
pkmn789123 said:
But we are talking about your lens having trouble reading some media, not your friends. Follow the instructions I said before.
Gonna buy the dvd tommorrow.
The older backups, burned with that crappy media, works fine.
unsure.gif

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
JoostinOnline said:
pkmn789123 said:
But we are talking about your lens having trouble reading some media, not your friends. Follow the instructions I said before.

rolleyes.gif

If he says his friend had a working copy of GH6, and his wii can't play that backup, it may be related to both lens / modchip firmware since he mentioned he can play older backups, like I said before, again, he must have a lot of unbranded DVD+R which would work if the lens would be in mint condition. (Or in this case the friend's wii lens which is indeed in good condition and/or a newer modchip with newer firmware included to handle better compatibility/DVD-R, DVD+R media discs).

And be more polite for those you help, because as far as I know, you just know the average info about wii here on GBATemp, perhaps a bit more.

-

pkmn789123, you should reconsider acquiring a triwing anyway for letting us know which modchip you have, also, those DVDs which work on your friend's wii... could you test them through neogamma?, if not already done, and finally be sure to acquire good DVD-R media. (careful, sony DVDs won't work fine), but maxell, Cursor (that's how they are branded here), ridata, ritek or any cheap DVD-R you may find should do. Also, use IMGBurn @ 3X just to be safe.

(..Older GC backup disks required burning mini-dvds at 2.4x and a exceptionally good brand media to let you enjoy games without DRE)

Coto.-

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbSORc_3_Yw