Android Help with rooting...

naved.islam14

Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I would like to root the Galaxy S2 just lying at home, but I don't feel like doing it because, well, every guide I've read has a different method so I I'm really confused and unsure. I have read the Android FAQ here too and I know what a root is, what it will allow me to do etc. I just need to know what I have to do. The phone is a GT-I9100 on 2.3.3. Thanks :yay:

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Update it to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 with "Samsung Kies" put a MicroSD into your phone containing the file below and follow these steps

1. Save file to external sd card (Leave it as a Zip file)
2. Shut down
3. Open stock recovery (press power + vol up + home button)
4. Install zip from external sd card
5. Select the file "CWM-SuperSU-v0.97.zip
Wait and reboot

File: https://www.dropbox.com/s/21aiwh2knzq24vy/CWM-SuperSU-v0.97.zip

Info nabbed from the XDA Forum work done by "shindatuin"

This is what I did to root my own device, should work fine for you but remember you root at your own risk I aint held responsible! to unroot reflash it

Reactions: naved.islam14

Kirito-kun

Disciple of GabeN
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No need to XDA, I have the exact same phone and it's super easy to root.

First install Samsung Kies from the Samsung website to get the required drivers on your computer. Next, install a program called Odin. Then download "Clockworkmod Recovery" and make sure it's the one for your phone model. Then find out what kernel your phone current has and downloaded a rooted version of that kernel. It doesn't have to be an exact match but keep it as close to the original as possible. Now set your phone up in download mode (Google for instructions) and fire up Odin. Connect your phone to your computer via USB cable and Odin should dectect your phone. Now select the Clockworkmod file from Odin and flash the file. Wait until flashing is complete. Reboot your phone into recovery mode (Google it) and you should get into the newly installed recovery. Now make a nandroid backup, just to be safe. Now put your phone back into download mode and connect to Odin again. Selected the rooted kernel file and flash to your phone. Reboot phone once complete. Now your have a rooted OS and a custom recovery. You may now install custom ROMs if you would like to. And you really should.

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Personally I'm not one to trust Odin don't know why but something about it runs a red flag in my mind. Though can't see why many think that custom roms are a must

naved.islam14

Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Update it to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 with "Samsung Kies" put a MicroSD into your phone containing the file below and follow these steps

1. Save file to external sd card (Leave it as a Zip file)
2. Shut down
3. Open stock recovery (press power + vol up + home button)
4. Install zip from external sd card
5. Select the file "CWM-SuperSU-v0.97.zip
Wait and reboot

File: https://www.dropbox.com/s/21aiwh2knzq24vy/CWM-SuperSU-v0.97.zip

Info nabbed from the XDA Forum work done by "shindatuin"

This is what I did to root my own device, should work fine for you but remember you root at your own risk I aint held responsible! to unroot reflash it

Thanks a lot Kouen! Your method worked without a hitch!

Reactions: Kouen Hasuki

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yummy yummy :rofl2: