Homebrew Help with TwilightMenu++ not working after region change?

Kelly_Overtone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Japanese O3DSXL w/ boot9strap & cfw, updated Luma to 10.2.1, then updated sys ver. to 11.14,
then changed region to USA via CTRTransfer (11.5.0-U, then updated it to 11.14-U)
Then I go to reinstall games, apps etc.. and everything is AOK all good except when I launch TW++ app for playing DS games
When I launch it I get this: (attached pic also)

An error occurred (ErrDisp)
Error type: generic
Process ID: 19
Process name: am
Process title ID: 0x0004013000001502
Address: 0x001093aa
Error Code: 0xc8804478
Press any button to reboot

Is there a patch or something, a workaround for this, or something I'm missing? THanks!
(** TwilightMenu++ app works fine on sys ver. 11.14 before the region change - both on this Japanese console and on a native USA O3dsxl console)

Attachments

• IMG_20201118_213607953.jpg
    IMG_20201118_213607953.jpg
    904.8 KB · Views: 672

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Try to open "Download Mode" app, then choose "Nintendo DS" button and see what happens (also you can go to System Settings > Internet configuration > DS WiFi connection, or something like that, and check what happens too). That is to discard that the DS Mode of your console was broken

Kelly_Overtone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to open "Download Mode" app, then choose "Nintendo DS" button and see what happens (also you can go to System Settings > Internet configuration > DS WiFi connection, or something like that, and check what happens too). That is to discard that the DS Mode of your console was broken

Aha, you're right, when i choose DS on the Download Play app, I get the same error message. Same thing on the internet settings>DS connections. (Regular wifi connection test is successful though) How to fix the DS wifi? I'm brainfarting on that.. Thank you!

Reactions: Alexander1970

Quimmie18

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hey Kelly_Overtone can you help me i have the same problem as you on the twilight ans i think you fix your twilight please help me i also have japan region unit change to USA and same as you error if i try to run twilight help me brother ☹️

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Where you download TWLFix and what did you mean by updated huhuhu help me brader☹️

Where you download TWLFix and what did you mean by updated huhuhu help me brader☹️
I ran the TWLfix, then updated again as per the instructions, and viola~! Works like a charm!
Dunno why/how that happened w/ the DS connection, but THanks so much for your help!!!!

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Kelly_Overtone can you help me i have the same problem as you on the twilight ans i think you fix your twilight please help me i also have japan region unit change to USA and same as you error if i try to run twilight help me brother ☹️

You run TWLFix then you do a 3ds system update and everything will work its that simple.

thienntm

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Japanese O3DSXL w/ boot9strap & cfw, updated Luma to 10.2.1, then updated sys ver. to 11.14,
then changed region to USA via CTRTransfer (11.5.0-U, then updated it to 11.14-U)
Then I go to reinstall games, apps etc.. and everything is AOK all good except when I launch TW++ app for playing DS games
When I launch it I get this: (attached pic also)

An error occurred (ErrDisp)
Error type: generic
Process ID: 19
Process name: am
Process title ID: 0x0004013000001502
Address: 0x001093aa
Error Code: 0xc8804478
Press any button to reboot

Is there a patch or something, a workaround for this, or something I'm missing? THanks!
(** TwilightMenu++ app works fine on sys ver. 11.14 before the region change - both on this Japanese console and on a native USA O3dsxl console)

i'm in this case, but after run TWLFix, system update said that "An error has occured"
Pls help

StormKrows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
old post but hoping someone sees this and knows of a fix, ive ran TWLFix and system update and the same error code still pops up on TWL and download play when i tap on nds

edit: tried using a flashcart and same error code popped up

Last edited by StormKrows,

misslatinafey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aha, you're right, when i choose DS on the Download Play app, I get the same error message. Same thing on the internet settings>DS connections. (Regular wifi connection test is successful though) How to fix the DS wifi? I'm brainfarting on that.. Thank you!
hi kelly- did you ever get a solve on this? i'm running into this issue right now myself.

thanks!

Kelly_Overtone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi so sorry I didn't see the replies on here! Yes, another person gave the correct answer; after you run TWLfix, then system update if necessary AND do a system reformat. (The reformat & then having to reinstall apps & games, -- is only if you can't stand getting hung up and having to hold down power button every time you press the home button it won't load the home screen.) But yeah everything above should have you set! Just get the newest TWLfix from GitHub! Cheers! - again SO sorry for the ridiculous delay!

Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT