Hacking Question Help with USB Nsp installation Tinfoil

Frank1905

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello guys,
I tried to install different Nsp's via USB using tinfoil, but I always got the same problem.
Everything seems working fine, my console is recognized by the PC, I have all the drivers needed, the latest version of tinfoil and Python, but when I start the installation it gets stuck at 0% (it's written 0MB of 0MB).
I used many different USB cables, but I always got the same result... I really don't know what it could be.
(I'm on sx os 2.3 beta).

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just want to make sure you've done all this exactly because 1 thing being wrong could cause your issue.

Install python. Plug in your usb to computer and switch and open tinfoil. Open zadig choose options list all devices and choose libnx on driver choose libusbk then choose install driver. Open a command prompt and enter PIP install libusb Let it in install then enter PIP install pyusb let it install. Make sure your nsp is in a foider on your desktop and move usb_install_pc.py to your desktop. Choose the usb install option in tinfoil. In command prompt type cd desktop then type usb_install_pc.py <folder name>. If you did everything correctly it should work.

To make it easier just name the folder nsp and type usb_install_pc.py nsp, If it's not in a folder it won't work.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Frank1905

Frank1905

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just want to make sure you've done all this exactly because 1 thing being wrong could cause your issue.

Install python. Plug in your usb to computer and switch and open tinfoil. Open zadig choose options list all devices and choose libnx on driver choose libusbk then choose install driver. Open a command prompt and enter PIP install libusb Let it in install then enter PIP install pyusb let it install. Make sure your nsp is in a foider on your desktop and move usb_install_pc.py to your desktop. Choose the usb install option in tinfoil. In command prompt type cd desktop then type usb_install_pc.py <folder name>. If you did everything correctly it should work.

To make it easier just name the folder nsp and type usb_install_pc.py nsp, If it's not in a folder it won't work.
I did all those steps (I watched a video on youtube).
The only thing different is that when I open zadig and I choose "list all devices" I can't see libnx in the list, but I can see "NINTENDO SWITCH". If I choose it I can scroll a list of possible drivers, and one of them is libusbk. The console is recognized by pc, so I don't think that's the problem :(

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a 64 bit computer or 32? I seem to recall only 64 bit computers will work. Beyond that I don't know. It's gotta be something with your computer (like a driver issue) though because those steps work for me.

If it says Nintendo Switch that means you did that right it's supposed to say Nintendo Switch.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Frank1905

Frank1905

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a 64 bit computer :(
I really can't understand
By the way, thank you for the support!
Do you have a 64 bit computer or 32? I seem to recall only 64 bit computers will work. Beyond that I don't know. It's gotta be something with your computer (like a driver issue) though because those steps work for me.

If it says Nintendo Switch that means you did that right it's supposed to say Nintendo Switch.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5X utilizzando Tapatalk

alexbrarjohn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had tried on a windows machine earlier and ran into this exact problem, I was following a youtube guide by Nevercholt Tech (ReiNX 6.0.0) (windows is 64)

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had it working on 2 Windows laptops but one had a crash and ever since I got it working again I can't use it on that one anymore either. I get a backend error and I asked on here and never got any help on fixing it. It seems there's just problems with using usb install after so much troubleshooting it either works on your computer or it doesn't. I'm not sure if anyone has been able to pinpoint all the problems yet, I think it's only been around as an option for 1-2 months.

Last edited by ,

proffk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
what cfw are you using with tinfoil. I only get this issue when I use tinfoil usb with sx os.(Can't be asked removing sd card). When I use reiNX it works fine.

Frank1905

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
what cfw are you using with tinfoil. I only get this issue when I use tinfoil usb with sx os.(Can't be asked removing sd card). When I use reiNX it works fine.
I'm using sx os 6.1.0 SD Emunand.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The issue I've had on one laptop (backend error) is with hekate. I suspect it's a computer driver issue because it works on my other laptop, I'm not the expert though.

dorisnov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm having this same issue. Also any nsp I install does not work. @Frank1905 did you install an nsp from sd and it worked?

EDIT: Just used a previous version of Tinfoil and USB install works again. Also games.

Last edited by dorisnov,

Frank1905

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've never used tinfoil to install games from SD. I've always used sx os installer.
I'm having this same issue. Also any nsp I install does not work. @Frank1905 did you install an nsp from sd and it worked?

EDIT: Just used a previous version of Tinfoil and USB install works again. Also games.

proffk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tested with different cfw & both times fails to get passed zero when installing a nsp. Must be a problem with my laptop or tinfoil version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...