Misc Help!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna wait until the ps4 stops getting updates and is discontinued to exploit it. Don't wanna risk getting banned. So I'm gonna update and hope for the best.
could be a while as the ps3 still gets updates for ssl certificates and bluray AACS keys mostly. I don't think there will ever be an exploit for the latest firmware, probably due to what happened with the ps3. now that was a total disaster. lol

Lemondemonforever

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
could be a while as the ps3 still gets updates for ssl certificates and bluray AACS keys mostly. I don't think there will ever be an exploit for the latest firmware, probably due to what happened with the ps3. now that was a total disaster. lol
Yeah lol, I mean Sony said themselves that the PS4 is entering the final stages of it's lifecycle so who the hell knows?

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah lol, I mean Sony said themselves that the PS4 is entering the final stages of it's lifecycle so who the hell knows?
may not update anything substantial, but they'll probably still continue to update those two things at the very least. the AACS keys are updated between 6 to 18 months. the ps3 update that was released a few days ago is almost a year after the previous one. I've heard all four main systems of sony, the ps3, ps4, ps5, and vita were updated for ssl certificates as well. plus, they seemed to introduce some pita system where you need a device key to sign in to psn. I checked my ps5, and I was still signed in to psn, so I kinda wonder what would happen if I signed out. afaik, it's one of those things where you have to sign in using a code for two step. iirc, Nintendo uses an authenticator app while microsoft and sony would just send you a text with the number. maybe that's changed?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one of my best friends updated to 9.00, @Hayato213 , when it was the latest in order to transfer his games to the ps5. there had been lots of rumors like that about it bricking or causing systems to become unstable just like you've heard with 9.60. he had no issues. the only reason he updated afaik was that he was going to sell the system, and he wanted his games. I think those rumors are probably unfounded. I'm sure sony tests their firmwares very thoroughly, because they'd probably be obligated to fix systems that got fucked up by a firmware update.
Alright imma trust you...

9.00 bricked some unit for some people, it did made the PS4 feels really slow for me, I updated to transfer my PS4 profile to PS5.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/avoid-updating-ps4-system-to-v9-0-or-9-03.604150/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ps4-firmware-update-v9-0-bricks-consoles.594325/page-2#post-9681754

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox +1