Hacking hexkyz will release a cracked SX OS (eventually)

Status
Not open for further replies.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I mean is that you can install the NSP onto a USB HDD and load it from there. Also are you fucking kidding? Of course the creators would of wanted credit. Otherwise they wouldn't be complaining their shit getting stolen.

You mean like when naehrwert was credited when hekate was first being used to load nsp files? He denounced it and demanded his name be taken of the credit list and eventually he left the project completely. I'm sure SciresM wants his name in the credits of TX. Get real.

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You mean like when naehrwert was credited when hekate was first being used to load nsp files? He denounced it and demanded his name be taken of the credit list and eventually he left the project completely. I'm sure SciresM wants his name in the credits of TX. Get real.
You mean when Adubbz complained when SX OS stole his Tinfoil code and never gave credit? Or when CTCaer didn't appreciate TX claiming they fixed the "battery desync" bug for linux when he did it himself? Or using public PROTECTED code to fix basic issues (like LayeredFS support for 6.0 or fixing web applets for 6.0?)
Please keep the bullshit coming mate. I'm happy to debunk it.

Last edited by Essasetic,

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean when Adubbz complained when SX OS stole his Tinfoil code and never gave credit? Or when CTCaer didn't appreciate TX claiming they fixed the "battery desync" bug for linux when he did it himself? Or using public PROTECTED code to fix basic issues (like LayeredFS support for 6.0 or fixing web applets for 6.0?)
Please keep the bullshit coming mate. I'm happy to debunk it.
You win. I'm going to start thanking all those guys every time TX releases an update. :D

Reactions: thaikhoa

Jokey_Carrot

G̶B̶A̶T̶e̶m̶p̶ ̶A̶d̶d̶i̶c̶t̶ Heroin Addict.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Imo, the issue about the licensing thing is NOT that they were not credited, nor do they want to get credited.

The distinction is using GPL.

GPL is used when you want ALL derivative works to be open sourced as well. This means anyone that wants to make money (by selling software) CANNOT include your code
(unless they use a roundabout way of using your software e.g. server/client implementation ala MySQL).
Because anyone can take all the released open-source code, and recompile it on their own FOR FREE.

In other words, you use GPL when you DON'T want anyone to make money using your code.

If you just cared about getting credited, you could probably use a less restrictive license like LGPL or MIT (where commercial derivative works can reuse your code, and become closed source, and just leave your name somewhere in the credits).

TX had two options... either take the Atmosphere code as a base to sell their own homemade XCI loader, but they would have to violate the GPL's terms. Or they could write their own CFW base code, which would take forever, and they'd probably be releasing SX OS only now if not later.

I mean, I'm not saying it's right, but I see why they did it.

Last edited by bundat,

lisko

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Imo, the issue about the licensing thing is NOT that they were not credited, nor do they want to get credited.

The distinction is using GPL.

GPL is used when you want ALL derivative works to be open sourced as well. This means anyone that wants to make money (by selling software) CANNOT include your code
(unless they use a roundabout way of using your software e.g. server/client implementation ala MySQL).
Because anyone can take all the released open-source code, and recompile it on their own FOR FREE.

In other words, you use GPL when you DON'T want anyone to make money using your code.
Sorry it's not how gpl works. A lot of commercial/paid software it's based on gpl projects. With gpl you have to release the source code and modifies done to it but not the source code of the entire project. I try to explain better: if tx followed the gpl they had to release the parts of atmos they used with every mod done on that part of the code (very few I think) but not the xci loader, emunand and game trainer as long as they are not based on existing gpl projects. So tx definitely could still sell their products if the "killer" features are original work they could remain closed source. Hope I explained well

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Again with this GPL nonsense. SX is a group for making PIRACY software and you guys complain about them for not giving credit?! Are you f-ing serious?
They literally make their way of living by stealing.

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Again with this GPL nonsense. SX is a group for making PIRACY software and you guys complain about them for not giving credit?! Are you f-ing serious?
They literally make their way of living by stealing.
The reinx team also supports piracy. You don't see them stealing do you?

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
No, because they aren't scummy pieces of shit. :)

Thats true. But in the money business nothing is greater than money itself. Thats why TX and GW didnt give a flying f about any laws and licences as long as the money is flowing in.
Thats the part most dont understand and see, theres no good or bad here, theres only money and no money. That being said, they cross across anything and everything to get the cash. Its just business. Theres no honor among thieves.

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've seen lots of contradicting text on this subject, and I've read that even just linking a GPL library requires your code be open-source. Even in the company I worked at, which is an international CMMI level 5 software development company with multimillion dollar contracts, we aren't allowed to use/link any libraries that are licensed as GPL.

I am not a lawyer, and I don't know the exact details of it, but that's the gist that I got... if the dev doesn't want anyone to make money using their code, they use GPL.

IIRC, with our web apps, we weren't even allowed to include MySQL with the distribution, we were only allowed to give the user instructions how to download and install MySQL themselves. Bundling in MySQL with the installation was supposedly already a violation (I don't know if that's true but that was the company policy, and they have lawyers who know better than me)

Last edited by bundat,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk