Hi-Fi Appreciation and Vinyl Lovers

Hey now PC music heads, think your older on-board Realtek driver suite bites? You have better options now.

light0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back in 2020 I was frustrated Asus stopped supporting the Realtek on-board 8 channel audio drivers particularly using the optical to a digital theater reciever decoding dts and atmos via spdif. During lockdown I managed to score a 7.1 Denon and some older but quality speakers to build a modest 7.1 theater using Foobar for music and VLC for movies..I have x79 mobo that was windows 8 compatible. Last driver release was 2016. One man project to fuse current RT releases with older bundled suites and cobble working driver support as well as functional app bundles sometimes branded to atmos,soundblaster,dts and others. ALC892 is so old I cant run lastest package but the sounds are the best I have enjoyed on basically freeebie hardware. The receiver has a room positionaing mic and a setup app so it takes time. But its was all free or cheap I used old lanscaping wire. I have tried all different apps and combinations before setting with atmos auto=profile and dts output. Not sure if hiot linking is allowed so interested parties lookup Alan Finotty at TechPowerUp's A/V forum for post with links to his friver creation. It rocks and has tool suite to mod settings at driver level and many tweaks.

Reactions: Dr_Faustus

Latest photos

Group events

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: