Translation Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kizuna - English Translation Project

Okabe_Zero-Link

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
About the game: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kizuna is an enhance port of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni by 07th Expansion (aka: Higurashi When They Cry) for the Nintendo DS by Alchemist. It features redesign sprites that will be use for later ports, some animated CGs, a censored script, a 'mood selection' - aka choices but is not make clear, and new chapter (Advance Story chapter, Yoigoshi-hen and Kotohogushi-hen). This is split into 4 separate games, and only partially voices some of the lines due to the limitation of the DS.
Chapter includes in each game. Chapter titles in bold are the new chapter:
1. Tatari/Curses (Cases): Onikakushi-hen, Watanagashi-hen, Tatarigoroshi-hen and Someutsushi-hen (Advance Story 1)
2. Sou/Ideas (Examination): Himatsubushi-hen, Meakashi-hen, Alternative Hirukowashi-hen and Kageboushi-hen (Advance Story 2)
3. Rasen/Spiral (Research): Tsumihoroboshi-hen, Minagoroshi-hen, Yoigoshi-hen and Tokihogushi-hen (Advance Story 3)
4. Kizuna/Bonds (Answers): Matsuribayashi-hen, Miotsukushi-hen Omote and Ura (Advance Story 4), Saikoroshi-hen and Kotohogushi-hen
I'm using the 07th-Mod and Masagrator's script. Due to censorship, the original VN script cannot be use

First of, I'm doing this because the VNDS SD version of Higurashi Kai never complete and I'm just enjoy this series.
If you know about DS hacking and want to help this translation project, feel free to contact me on Discord: Okabe Zero-Link#4565

Reactions: Nikokaro

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
First of, I'm doing this because the VNDS SD version of Higurashi Kai never complete and I'm just enjoy this series.
Maybe you meant to write VNDS DS version, or am I wrong? Also because it doesn't seem to me that VNDS works from a DSi's SD card: if I'm wrong, someone prove me the opposite.
The VNDS version ported to DS uses among other things the original anime artwork which is hideous and ridiculous (e.g. the deformed big hands of the characters).
Anyway I wish you good luck for this project: you have a long and exhausting task ahead of you, given the amount of text present.

Okabe_Zero-Link

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Maybe you meant to write VNDS DS version, or am I wrong? Also because it doesn't seem to me that VNDS works from a DSi's SD card: if I'm wrong, someone prove me the opposite.
The VNDS version ported to DS uses among other things the original anime artwork which is hideous and ridiculous (e.g. the deformed big hands of the characters).
Anyway I wish you good luck for this project: you have a long and exhausting task ahead of you, given the amount of text present.
Yes, I do mean that. However, the VNDS Higurashi game have 2 version: HD and SD. SD is the version that the DS(i) can run, the HD version is \the version that the DS(i) cannot run. The HD version is complete, but the SD version never complete. Also, VNDS can run from DSi's SD card slot or a flashcart just fine

Reactions: Nikokaro

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, I do mean that. However, the VNDS Higurashi game have 2 version: HD and SD. SD is the version that the DS(i) can run, the HD version is \the version that the DS(i) cannot run. The HD version is complete, but the SD version never complete. Also, VNDS can run from DSi's SD card slot or a flashcart just fine
A few months ago I tried a few titles by starting VNDS from SD card (DSi, Memory Pit exploit, TWLM++) and it would only load the initial menu with no sound effects: at the first line of text the game would freeze. I had set in TWLM++ options "DSi mode" and "CPU 133MHz." To say it works smoothly did you try any titles, or did you just watch the initial screen without playing it? Did you set DS or DSi mode in the TWLM++ settings?
In my case, from flashcard all the titles I tried work without any problems.

Anyway, the important thing is that you bravely started this interesting and colossal translation project; I hope you will find someone willing to help you and don't get discouraged halfway through. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER