Toader

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Stevetry said:
HippyFreak who the hell is that and is he a Cars character or something ?

That was his avitar.

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you will be greatly missed my friend you taught me a lot and i will miss our conversations
frown.gif

to all the people asking why they should care need to learn respect or grow up.

TheDestroyer

GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Damn! I used to download games from him. For the record, I never thought that he is that old. I actually posted on his wii iso thread saying thank you before and was deleted like instantly lol and received a message saying the thread is 'wii iso only' xD well at least i had this memory with him
smile.gif

EDIT: I actually thought that ' he passed away' means that he doesn't upload anymore. It turns out worse.
frown.gif
very sad indeed.

LaoED

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started getting games from him earlier this year. Sad to hear of his passing. Rest in Peace Hippyfreak. You were a great legend.

ecko

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
damn..name already sounded familiar and then with that picture of that car...
rip :/

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
sad news. only know him through the internets but did have quite an extensive collection.

hoppa86

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mesiskope said:
what did he do to gain "legendary" status on them internets?

If you look at his ONE thread he had on *snip*, you'll see why he was a legend. Just about 10,000,000 views on his ONE thread and thousands and thousands of thank you's from people all over the world.

I got the chance to chat with him a few times just before he passed. He was a stand up guy. It's so sad to see him go so young

kamo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
He probably isn't dead. This isn't the first time someone like him faked his own death on the internet. It's a easy way out espacially when lawyers starting to knock on your door.

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wah... Wah... he ran the best Wii thread on the best site for acquiring... you know. I have seriously only used his thread for like the past 8 months since I found it.... damn that sucks
frown.gif
Like other's have said, people do fake stuff like this sometimes in the scene. (If you're old enough in the Wii/GC scene you'll probably remember a certain site admin who 'committed suicide' but was fine and decided to use all of the site's newsfeed to talk about it :/)

But I don't think HippyFreak would do that! He was a man of the people, damn it! If you'v ever been to the certain site he had a thread on nobody really talks anyway except "thx" and "doesn't work" or "virus" lol

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly thought this was a hoax at first. I noticed that the forum he posted on (one of my bookmarks I check daily) was having database issues. So I went to the facebook page to confirm that it was indeed down, and saw somebody randomly say Hippyfreak passed away. I didn't think much of it, since he could just be saying that as a joke because the forum is down. Then I noticed a few other people mention it. Then I Googled him and found this thread.

I am truly saddened by the loss. May his family and friends be comforted by the fact that he's not in pain anymore (the condition that killed him sounds painful). May we be comforted by the fact that so many appreciated what he's done and honor him for it.

He will be truly missed more so than most will ever know. RIP.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Wii Game uploader eh??

ever wonder if "they" found out who he was and paid his Doctor to give him some a "special" prescription?

if you have ever seen "The Net" you will understand what I mean....

bad things can happen to people who are "undesirable" to "them"

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OH NOES!

That really sucks. 95% of my burned games are from him. He had the best collection of ISOs on teh interwebs.
ohnoes.png
RIP

Hopefully they find someone else to do his job now, in his honor (or something like that).

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PopSmith and (the user who owns and shares his name with the site) themselves are are posting as best they can now. The topic he created is staying open in his honor.

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
Saddest news of today
frown.gif
, he probably had one of the best collection threads on the internet...... RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum