Hardware Holes on the Switch?

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Take a loot at...lets say (now already old) iPad Air 2. Holes there are microscopic compared to these....
Its big enough for children can put their fingers in there and pull the Nand out for crying out loud.
How big do you think the switch is? Like no finger's gonna fit in there. A cotton swab at most.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
Expect a "new" nintendo switch about 2 years from now with no cooling vents
I can't imagine the tech advancing fast enough for them to go for a sealed unit when docked. Plus they wouldn't want this sort of thing happening to them: http://tabletrecall.expertproductinquiry.com/ What's interesting is Nvidia apparently registered a whole new domain name for this recall. They didn't dare put it on nvidia.com (search-related reasons?).

A portable unit is bound to get more returns / support issues / warranty issues as it is. I think we will see better battery life in a Switch Lite for sure.

Last edited by foob,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Far underpowered? Not THAT far (not going to say that for 100% since we dont have benchmarks out yet, but according to the comparison of Zelda with Wiiu, I wouldnt call this a power beast).
Also you are comparing Air 2 which was released in 2014 with a 2017 home console.
And Switch really isnt much thinner than Air is. I didnt compare them in person, but Id say the thickness is about the same.
Half of micro sd card is approximately 0.6 cm. And that my friend is a big fucking hole right there.
It's been stated by Nintendo that BOTW does not use the full power of the Switch, which is understandable seems how it was original created with the Wii U in mind. So you won't see a huge difference between the Wii U and the Switch version.
Secondly if you actually bother to read my comments I was comparing the thickness of the switch to the Wii U gamepad, not to the air.
And finally, .6 cm isn't that large for an active air cooling vent.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
It's cooling of course, what else did you expect? Smell-O-Vision?
For sure the Switch won't be waterproof.
Smell-O-Vision! :lol: I like the sound of that. If you put an Amiibo on it, maybe it can sniff Yoshi's arse out and tell you if the fart was a good one or not! it might also be a Sniffa-O-Vision, you never know? that would be interesting.

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: Bladexdsl

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they do a version that can fit in your pocket then it would probably have portable only power with no vents. If it going be a New Switch then that's probably going still have vents on it.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Why is this still going on?
65819108.jpg

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol...
I guess so. Its funny that i bet on launch day everything will change.
There will be a big drop off of post.
until someone doesnt read the manual and ask a ton of questionsl

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land