Hacking Homebrew Channel without the Channel?

kareem613

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible to launch the Homebrew Channel from BootMii without having it installed in the Wii menu?

I'd like my Wii menu to look 100% unmodded. That way I can insert the SD card to boot from bootmii when I want, but I can also remove the SD card for a "stock" Wii.

Is this possible at all?

Maybe even another SD card that boots straight into the homebrew channel or a backup loader?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
How could you accomplish that 100% unmodded with a modified boot2 in your system? And with bootmii one doesn't need to search a lot to find bootmii, remove sd card, see the disc light blink and voila!

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can understand your desire to do this, however I just don't think its possible right now...

A simple suggestion would be to bury your HBC somewhere 'deep' in a pile of empty pages on the system menu. It seems unlikely you're anywhere close to page 7 or 8 being occupied, so drop it there instead.

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I recall marcan talking about this on IRC once. He expressed his desire for the HBC to be an ELF loaded from BootMii, rather than being installed on NAND. I don't think he's going to be much help in making that a reality, however.

eric_4_life

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you could put the HBC on your SD card if you're on 4.0, leaving only the install ticket on your Wii when the SD card isn't there.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiCrazy said:
How could you accomplish that 100% unmodded with a modified boot2 in your system? And with bootmii one doesn't need to search a lot to find bootmii, remove sd card, see the disc light blink and voila!

He said LOOK 100% unmodified... last time I checked, you can't really see boot2... well, if you take apart the Wii, take out the chip, and use the most powerful electron microscope on the eastern seaboard... then you probably could see the boot2 sectors...

But yea, back to my point, he said he wanted his WII MENU TO LOOK 100% STOCK...

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
zidane_genome said:
WiiCrazy said:

He said LOOK 100% unmodified... last time I checked, you can't really see boot2... well, if you take apart the Wii, take out the chip, and use the most powerful electron microscope on the eastern seaboard... then you probably could see the boot2 sectors...

But yea, back to my point, he said he wanted his WII MENU TO LOOK 100% STOCK...

Sure but that changes according to his actual intentions... and since he doesn't state his actual intentions, my post is perfectly valid.

If he wants his wii not caught by ninty service personnel then removing the hbc while having bootmii doesn't help much...

Keep playing backup games? Without a custom ios? FAIL!

Answer this , why would one want his wii to look like a stock wii?
Here is the most fitting answer : To get free service from nintendo...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...